Dr. King's Dream vs. Jesse's Nightmare

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:34 am
Re: driving out darkness
dadothree wrote:
You quoted Dr. King

"Darkness can not drive out darkness, only light can do that..."

So if Gunga shines some light on darkness, why is it a problem?

By the way, i'm still waiting for the black leadership to acknowledge that one forth of the black population has been killed through abortion. Who marches for them?

"We should hire 3-4 colored ministers, preferably with social service backgrounds and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don't want word to get out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members"
Margaret Sanger 1939
Founder of Planned Parenthood

why didn't you post the complete statement ?

"We do not want word to get out that we want to exterminate the Negro population."

Sanger was aware of African-American concerns, passionately argued by Marcus Garvey in the 1920s, that birth control was a threat to the survival of the black race. This statement, which acknowledges those fears, is taken from a letter to Clarence J. Gamble, M.D., a champion of the birth control movement. In that letter, Sanger describes her strategy to allay such apprehensions. A larger portion of the letter makes Sanger's meaning clear:

"It seems to me from my experience . . . in North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas, that while the colored Negroes have great respect for white doctors, they can get closer to their own members and more or less lay their cards on the table. . . . They do not do this with the white people, and if we can train the Negro doctor at the clinic, he can go among them with enthusiasm and with knowledge, which, I believe, will have far-reaching results. . . . His work, in my opinion, should be entirely with the Negro profession and the nurses, hospital, social workers, as well as the County's white doctors. His success will depend upon his personality and his training by us. The minister's work is also important, and also he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation, as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs"(1939).

more on sanger:

margaret sanger bio / pp
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 12:20 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Instigate wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
A National holiday to celebrate a man with more character bravery or accomplishment than anyone on A2K.....and gungasnake chooses to politicize it, tying it to the democratic party by way of Jesse Jackson...shame on you.....you should change your avatar from a snake to a worm.....

Jackson did it to himself first. Your indignatin is ringing hollow.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050117/ap_on_re_us/jackson_king

I was referring to King...my indignation is well deserved and well placed....and you didn't understand my post. Take your time....

I understood your post quite well. I was simply remarking that your indignation at gunga for his politicization of MLK Day seems a bit hollow when the self proclaimed champion of black rights is doing precisely the same thing.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 12:23 pm
So what you're saying is that if Jesse Jackson eats a bowl of **** then you would too? Very interesting........my grandmother used to ask me if Harry Gilliam jumped off a bridge would I do it too? Of course I was 10.....
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 12:34 pm
No, but I hope you can appreciate the irony.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 06:11 pm
I don't really appreciate the irony.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 05:12 am
nothing back from "dadothree".

what a surprise.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:29 am
Those who quote out of context hate to be called on it.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 12:21 pm
guess so, magus.
0 Replies

dadothree

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 03:01 pm
Black Genocide
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

what a surprise.

Well Guys, I'm glad to know that I was missed. Sorry for the delay, as the name implies, I have a life beyond this forum.

My source was various pro-life websites. Yours was planned parenthood. While I'm sure you would suspect a pro-life website of bias, can you say Planned parenthood(PP) is not? One of the most amazing things about the PP contention, is that they don't let Margaret speak for herself. For example, they claim she opposed eugenics. As evidence they give the following quote.

"Eugenist imply or insist that a woman's first duty is to the state. We maintain that her duty to herself is her first duty to the state. We maintain that a woman possessing an adequate knowledge of her reproductive functions is the best judge of the time and conditions under which her child should be brought into the world. We further maintain that it is her right, regardless of all other considerations, to determine whether she shall bear children or not, and how many children she shall bear if she chooses to become a mother."

The eugenist strategy was to increase the reproduction of the fit and decrease the reproduction of the unfit.
Notice that she does not say anything here against restricting reproduction of the unfit or undesirable. All she really says is that women should not be forced to have children. That's not much of a disagreement.

They also do not even mention the KKK rally at Silverlake NJ 1926. Sanger did not just attend, she was a speaker. Now, I've never been to a Klan rally, but my impression is that they do not encourage a diversity of opinion. How is it that Sanger was invited to speak if she was the lover of blacks as described by Planned Parenthood? Or should we say Klan Parenthood

I don't know of anyone who has falsely attributed the book "The rising tide of color against white world supremacy" to Sanger as Planned Parenthood claims we have. We do say that Sanger routinely shared the pages of "The birth control review" with racist including Ernst Rudin. Rudin later became Hitler's Director of Genetic Sterilization and founder of the Nazi Society for Racial Hygiene. So although she only wrote about 2% of the material herself, she helped them spread their hateful propaganda.
To say that she was not racist is to deny historical facts.

Even PP could not deny that she openly advocated forcing certain people to live on farms. These people included anyone who was illiterate, paupers and unemployables. If she was interested in serving these people, why would she want to force them to onto farms?

The answer is simple. She was a racist. Blacks from farms were moving to the cities. Whites were having to pay for them. Sanger tried to reduce the # of blacks so they would stop coming. Black elites were told that if they could limit their #s then they would become more prosperous. They bought the lie and helped to spread it. This was called the Negro Project.

Any person could occasionally say something that they didn't really mean.
But Sanger continually said these things. More importantly her actions backed up her mouth. MLK did some great things. So did Dubois. But their association with Sanger and their praise of her work is a sad part of history. It is pure foolishness to attempt to rewrite it. We must instead learn from it. Currently Black account for 12% of the population ,but 35-40% of all abortions. I pray the lesson is learned soon.[URL=black genocide.org]black genocide[/URL]
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 03:13 pm
MLK day should never have become a holiday. Rosa Parks day maybe, but not MLK.

Jesse Jackson and Al "Notso" Sharpton can KMA.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 02:45 pm
Re: Black Genocide
dadothree wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

what a surprise.

Well Guys, I'm glad to know that I was missed. Sorry for the delay, as the name implies, I have a life beyond this forum.

My source was various pro-life websites.....The answer is simple. She was a racist.

could ya post links to your sources ? a post like this really should have back up.

thanks
0 Replies

dadothree

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 05:03 pm
[
could ya post links to your sources ? a post like this really should have back up.

Sorry I thought I had. Computer Illiteracy is a terrible thing.
See blackgenocide.org and human life international. I'll work on learning how to do links.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:29 pm
dadothree wrote:
[

Sorry I thought I had. Computer Illiteracy is a terrible thing.
See blackgenocide.org and human life international. I'll work on learning how to do links.

okay.

the easiest way that i've found is to "copy" the url of the site you reference, cursor to where you want it to appear in your post, hit the "url" button above the text box, then "paste" your reference url into the popup box that appears, click o.k...

the url should appear in the body of your post as a colored text.

the gui on a2k is good, but takes a few times to get quick with. have fun.

dtom
0 Replies