Evidence of Media Bias?

georgeob1

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 02:47 pm
Aw c'mon Bernie ! The scope of the investigation itself precluded the discovery of bias. They looked only at the circumstances surrounding the process of this one story. Where have you been for the last few decades??

This statement was likely the sine qua non of the charter CBS gave its high priced investigators. Interesting that top management managed to save its own skins. When the wolves are chasing the sleigh it is occasionally necessary to throw them a producer or two, but never a VP.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 04:24 pm
Your presumptions precede you george.

It truly would not have mattered what findings this group might have written. You would find otherwise. As, likely, would have the author of this thread.

The premise advanced by the thread author is that THIS story was marked by clear bias. As Thornburgh is hardly a leftie, there's only one conclusion you can make to support the bias thesis...limited investigation. You claim the scope precluded discovery because they looked "only at the circumstances surrounding the process of this one story." Well, how is it that this deep and pervasive bias at CBS somehow did not attend this story?

I'm a bit weary of talking about this issue with you. You refuse to put down your Stendahl in order to engage any objective study of modern American media. I have no argument with this choice in reading material, and if we ever discuss Stendahl, I'll perk up and listen. But I don't turn to you for informed opinion on media matters.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 04:57 pm
blatham wrote:
Your presumptions precede you george.

..... But I don't turn to you for informed opinion on media matters.

Damn ! And I thought I was pretty good.

Bias suggests a purposeful pattern of misconduct and failure to achieve their (ahem) high journalistic standards. No surprise that an investigation, confined by contract to one event, is unable to establish evidence of a pattern.

Don't be weary.
0 Replies