The Lucky Steelers Thread

George

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 01:51 pm
panz, the question is: if not Cowher, who?

Who is available that can do a better job than Cowher?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 02:09 pm
In my mind ...no one comes to mind...but sometimes the stench of failure can carry a good coach away...I hope Pittsburgh waits to see how Ben & Bill evolve.
Watching yesterday's game...Ben lost it for Pittsburgh...but he'll improve.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 02:49 pm
I believe every time Pittsburg loses his chin gets bigger.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:26 pm
Panzade – for how much the Pats tickets go for and how much it costs to park within a 2 mile radius of the stadium, when I go, I damn well am going to stay for the entire game, no matter how good or bad. The good thing is that in the long term the trade with Malloy did not hurt the Pats one little bit. The one thing I really love of the Patriots is their commitment to being a team. How many professional sports teams actually act like a team? Most players act with what is in the best interest of the individual, not in the best interest of the team. I believe that is a big key in the Patriot’s success. They try to be the best team and not necessarily the best player.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:29 pm
You're absolutely right. All the dynasties have been about "team". Brady is a perfect example...and so is losing two great cornerbacks and having the linebackers step it up a notch.
I say we're watching one of the greatest teams ever...in terms of unselfish team play.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 06:06 pm
right, indeed, linkat. My employee, Andy, came in this morning feeling a feeling a bit sad but still wearing his Steelers hat. My comment to him was that this season was a freebie. Last year they were something like 6-10 and not much was expected this year and then Maddox got hurt and they had to go to this rookie QB with an unspellable last name and Pittsburgh rocked.
In another city with another owner, the coach would probably have been fired by this morning in a revolving door cycle of change for change's sake.
The Steelers are a class organization.
Wait until next year. Ah, yes, the classic refrain from sports fans everywhere: wait until next year.
-rjb-
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 11:25 am
Realjohn – I had thought the Steelers remind me a little of the Pats and their similar circumstance. Brady taking over for Drew, Pats having a previous season where they were pretty bad and look they came back and won the SuperBowl. I think the Steelers have an excellent shot next year (Of course I will still root for the Pats).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 07:10 pm
Go Steelers!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 01:02 pm

steelers to drop 14-year vet WR hines ward...
0 Replies