The Lucky Steelers Thread

sozobe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:28 pm
Sympathy, Kicky. Believe me, I know how it feels.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:35 pm
Can somebody say...dynasty?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:37 pm
kickycan wrote:
WHERE ARE YOU SLAPPY?! COME ON, I'M WAITING YOU PUSBAG! COME ON, I NEED THE SHAME!

Eh, don't worry. You technically didn't bet against me, so I'm not going to make you change your avatar.

I'm the bigger man. In this thread, too.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:37 pm
oh, come on!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:45 pm
Oh, maybe.

I'd have to find something GOOD.

Did you watch the game littlek?

My neighbors probably hate me. Every score and turnover, I opened the front door and screamed something.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:48 pm
Boston people must be creaming their jeans. First the Red Sox, and now the Patriots.

How much sports ecstasy can one city handle?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:53 pm
Gus, I think the city's mellowed out a bit.

After the Pats won the Super Bowl in 01/02, Boston was ridiculous. Cars were getting flipped over, bonfires were lit in the streets, ect. And last year when the Sox beat Oakland in the playoffs it was pretty nuts.

And that was just what I did.

But it's mostly drunken college kids being retards about the whole thing.

They're getting used to the Pats winning though. Sadly, they're still overshadowed by the Sox, winning or not. A lot of people really into baseball.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:56 pm
Congrats slappy and littlek. The Pats are soooo good. i hope Tom slapped little Ben on the back and said: 'Good job rookie"
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:59 pm
Thanks for the congrats.

It was hard work, throwing down those beers, slapping high-fives, and screaming out my front door.

However, no need to congratulate Littlek. She wasn't aware there was a football game on. But she's got a GREAT vocab.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:00 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:38 pm
<grin>
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 12:49 pm
Slappy – there was a blizzard!!! The college kids couldn’t get to the damn cars with all the snow over them. College kids would use any reason to start trouble, so for them the Pats winning is a reason to flip cars and losing also would be a reason to flip cars. Or they used the blizzard as a reason to party and were already passed out by the end of the Pats game.

Baseball has always been huge in Boston, even when the Sox are losing. Even though the Sox's win overshadows this years Pats - we still love them and how sweet is it if we have two championship teams! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the game. At the beginning my daughter was looking strangely at my husband for his insane behavior as the Pats began ruling from the start.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 12:59 pm
I was impressed by all those loyal Steelers fans who, disguised as yellow seats, stayed to the bitter end.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 01:05 pm
I noticed that too, George. At first, I thought wow look at all the yellow, I didn’t notice so much before and then on closer inspection, I saw it was the empty seats.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 01:10 pm
All I can say is "WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!"
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 01:14 pm
Hey, Kicky, us Bostonians know that saying all too well.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 01:22 pm
George wrote:
I was impressed by all those loyal Steelers fans who, disguised as yellow seats, stayed to the bitter end.

That was awesome. It's great looking at other cities and seeing how big of pu$$ies their fans are.

The Pats are unreal. I hate predicting games, but I just can't see them losing the Super Bowl.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 01:26 pm
Ha Ha Boo Hoo...enjoy it while it lasts.
I'll never forget that first game of the season when they traded Lawyer what's is and they got crushed by Buffalo.
You guys were calling for the dismissal of Bellychick. Seen my share of empty Foxboro seats
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 01:35 pm
Panzade, you're not remembering the first game of this season...they beat Buffalo twice this season. I think it was last season, they lost to them the first game, but ended up crushing them second game.

But New England lost to the Dolphins this year too. Meaningless...they win the big games.

You're thinking of Lawyer Malloy, by the way.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 01:46 pm
Yeah man...Lawyer got traded...they lose to Buffalo and Belly's head is on a platter...fans are fickle everywhere which brings me to this.
Everyone loves Cowher but Steelers are 0-4 at home in Champ games...how long will their patience last?
0 Replies