Bagels, Pizza, Hot Dogs and Race Tracks - New York City?

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 04:22 am
I am a partyer. If Gus comes, I will seriously consider coming. I certainly won't make it, but I will still seriously consider. And that has to count for something.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 10:49 am
JoanneD - that would be most excellent. I'll be there 10/20 - 10/25/05.

(won't Kicky have already moved to Rochester by then?)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 10:51 am
Terrific now I will make my reservation's and if Littlek does not come on down how about I take the train to Boston. What say you Littlek?

Betheh can you go to Boston too!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 11:00 am
Nah, Boston can't be on the agenda this time.
I'll be with a colleague who's very focused on being in New York.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 11:03 am
Okie dokie. Canot wait to meet all of you.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 11:38 am
I will probably be moving that weekend. Who wants to help me load my crap into the moving van? Yeehawww!!! Good times!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 11:41 am
Hey you...I'm gonna be in town tomorrow afternoon and night.

You gonna meet up for a drink?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 12:02 pm
Yup.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 12:08 pm
kickycan wrote:
I will probably be moving that weekend. Who wants to help me load my crap into the moving van? Yeehawww!!! Good times!

I've got a big knapsack you can put your stuff in. Is Big Shiny moving with you?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 12:16 pm
Big Shiny is a problem. Not sure what I'm going to do with him yet. Hell, I'm not even 100% sure that I'm moving yet...I'll figure it all out later. Right now, I'm immersed in just enjoying the last days of summer. Naps in the park, wandering the city in the sun, drinking wine at the restaurant around the corner...it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 12:28 pm
Kickybuns, have you been to this place yet?

from a NYTimes review -

Spigolo

1561 Second Avenue (81st Street); (212) 744-1100.

ATMOSPHERE About 25 seats in an intimate room with glass doors, exposed brick, a copper-colored ceiling and a feeling of polished rusticity.

SOUND LEVEL Extremely noisy.

RECOMMENDED DISHES Grilled shrimp; grilled baby octopus; gnocchi; garganelli with sausage ragù; lemon fettuccine; strip steak; grilled salmon; pan-roasted wild striped bass; caramel affogato with doughnuts; mixed berry cobbler.

WINE LIST Relatively concise, globe-trotting and affordable, with an Italian focus.

PRICE RANGE Appetizers, $7 to $12; pasta dishes, $13 to $17; fish and meat entrees, $22 to $29; desserts, $7 to $8.

HOURS 5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, to 10 p.m. Sunday and Monday.

RESERVATIONS For a prime dinner time, call two to three weeks ahead.

CREDIT CARDS All major cards.

WHEELCHAIR ACCESS Entire restaurant at street level; accessible restroom.

WHAT THE STARS MEAN:
(None) Poor to satisfactory
* Good
** Very good
*** Excellent
**** Extraordinary

or that other one, with the big wine by the glass selection, named something like I Trulli...

You have a duty, you know, to absorb all you can before you leave.. if you leave.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 12:34 pm
I've seen Spigolo. Thought about going, but haven't yet. Yes, I believe I have to absorb...will do. As a matter of fact, what the hell am I doing inside on the computer right now? I gotta go out there!

ciao
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 01:00 pm
Mac11 will be in town that weekend also.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 02:14 pm
<hoping kix is out enjoying a fabulous late summer New York City afternoon>
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 02:18 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Mac11 will be in town that weekend also.

Alas, I won't be there. I hope to hear all about it and that many pictures will be taken and posted.

I'm saving up for the next gathering...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 03:35 pm
Mac! You were on my list of sights and celebrities. I'm loudly deprived!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 05:18 pm
Since I'm not a celebrity, I guess that makes me a sight! Very Happy

We'll meet one of these day, Noddy, I feel sure.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 05:57 pm
mac--

Don't be so modest. Consider the rarified circles in which we move.
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 06:29 pm
kickycan wrote:
I've seen Spigolo. Thought about going, but haven't yet. Yes, I believe I have to absorb...will do. As a matter of fact, what the hell am I doing inside on the computer right now? I gotta go out there!

ciao

I've eaten at Spit-in-that-hole..I mean Spigolo. Is it me,.. or is it obvious, that the word "~PIG~" is in the word Spigolo.

Scuse me while i invite all of the worlds funniest comedians...such as..Kevin Kline (who starred in my favorite movie-

A FISH CALLED WANDA.... to my house at-

19 Vernon st. Bradford, Ma. 01835

Hey Gustastopkillinyourself,...eat my Lucy, I love Her...or forever hold your own piece,...of pizza, at a restaurant, that dosen't have, the name ~PIG, in it Laughing
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 10:55 am
kickycan wrote:
Big Shiny is a problem. Not sure what I'm going to do with him yet. Hell, I'm not even 100% sure that I'm moving yet...I'll figure it all out later. Right now, I'm immersed in just enjoying the last days of summer. Naps in the park, wandering the city in the sun, drinking wine at the restaurant around the corner...it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

Well don't do it then!

...........Bernie and I will be at the Frying Pan tonight with our darling daughters.....we'll talk you out of this moving idea. What's wrong with you Kicky? You know you don't want to leave New York.
0 Replies