Bagels, Pizza, Hot Dogs and Race Tracks - New York City?

Noddy24

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 04:23 pm
EhBeth--

Please give Brendalee my best wishes. What happened?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 05:02 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Travel plans are a bit more delayed. brendalee had a heart attack on Wednesday. She says "minor" but she's still in hospital Crying or Very sad

No! Bethie, Please tell Brendalee I wish her the best. She'll be in my thoughts as will you.

Damn. Aging really sucks.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 05:02 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Travel plans are a bit more delayed. brendalee had a heart attack on Wednesday. She says "minor" but she's still in hospital Crying or Very sad

oh, my... sorry to hear, ehbeth.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 05:38 pm
This being a grown-up thing can be not-so-much-fun sometimes.

Noddy, I don't know exactly what happened. I spoke to brendalee twice this morning - I think I'll have to talk to her husband to get a clearer picture of things.

I'll pass on the messages from the goils - she did mention this morning that we were in New York this time last year and she wants to go back and walk a lot more Very Happy
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 05:45 pm
I don't know brendalee, but if she's a friend of yours she must be a good egg. I will send good thoughts northeastward.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 06:36 pm
Roberta wrote:
ehBeth wrote:

No! Bethie, Please tell Brendalee I wish her the best. She'll be in my thoughts as will you.

Damn. Aging really sucks.

My best wishes to Brendalee for a speedy recovery.

Joe(minor is good... )Nation
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 07:02 pm
Good thoughts to Brendalee..
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 08:29 pm
A good egg, yes indeed. My thoughts are also with Miss Brendalee and her family and friends. I hope she's striding around NYC very soon.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 12:15 am
Send her my best wishes, too. And she really should take care ...
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 06:10 am
ehBeth wrote:
I'll pass on the messages from the goils - she did mention this morning that we were in New York this time last year and she wants to go back and walk a lot more Very Happy

That's the attitude. I haven't met her, but best wishes nevertheless.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 05:17 pm
I'll let brendalee know that there's a new german-type fella to meet. That should help with a rapid recovery Very Happy

One of the projects in the next coupla weeks is Set going to visit with Brendalee and spending some time getting her back into A2k. She had fun when she posted in the past here - and certainly enjoys the A2K crowd.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 04:54 pm
Okay, I'll be in Manhattan Saturday, and probably Sunday. My only appointment set in stone is on Saturday morning. Anyone up for coffee, a drink, the Amnesty movie festival, or whatever else might suit you anytime between Saturday noon and Sunday evening?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 05:22 pm
Beth, How's Brendalee doin'? Any new developments? Is she still in the hospital?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 07:26 pm
Hi Boida. I spoke to Brendalee this morning. She was released from the hospital last night. The docs' have signed her off work for 8 weeks to start. Set and I will go see her once she feels up to non-family visitors - she thinks early next week. I passed on everyone's thoughts - it meant a lot to her.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 11:57 pm
That doesn't sound too bad. My best wishes for the recovery progress!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 05:15 am
My next trip up there is sometime in the week of June 23. I think Ill stay over (I am scared of the bedbug invasion)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 04:58 pm
It was time for the Governor's Island Jazz Age party again.

The Sartorialist has, as usual, some fabulous shots of the participants.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_qjpwnPW4c1o/SE0A3LEfhiI/AAAAAAAADhQ/pV28lZXiwK8/s1600/6078TieBeltweb.jpg

http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

posted June 8 - 10, 2008

<sigh>

great memories

I wanna hit that party again next year.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 05:02 pm
farmerman wrote:
My next trip up there is sometime in the week of June 23. I think Ill stay over (I am scared of the bedbug invasion)

Great! Let me know when, and I'll make time to come in for dinner.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 08:03 pm
http://www.treatstruck.com/

the treatstruck lady was at governor's island too!

~~~

thomas, if you can, see if you can check her out when you're in town sometime. I know you'll give an unbiased review Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 08:11 pm
I saw the Sartorialist thing this time and was, oh, yawn. But maybe more has been posted since I looked. I'm more interested in the whole island, though, perhaps in contrast to that particular event, so my yawn is biased.
0 Replies