I QUIT!

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 06:53 pm
Today, while I was whining about my job, I started thinking of that final day, and my fantasies of how to go out with style.

I have quit jobs before with great satisfaction, like the time I called in about five minutes before I was supposed to be at work and said, "Um, I'm just calling to say, I won't be in...EVER AGAIN!", and then hung up and did the Kicky liberation dance in my underwear. That was damn satisfying.

Here's the fantasy that I was thinking about for my current job. I bring in a cake that I have specially baked, using my own feces as the main ingredient. On it are the words, "I QUIT" spelled out in semen. No real significance to the use of semen, I just think it's a little bit more disgusting and memorable that way.

I wonder if that would be illegal in some way. I don't see what law it would break, if any.

How about you? Do you have any memorable stories from jobs that you have quit with style? Any fantasies of how you would like to quit?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,486 • Replies: 19
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 06:57 pm
I sang "so long, been good to know you ..." when I walked into a manager's office to hand in my "I quit" letter. I loved the expression on her face. Probably the only time I ever didn't hate looking at her.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 09:09 pm
well when i was about 16 my mom made me get a job at McDonalds... so my best friend being the friend that he is got one with me. We hated it. We did what we had to but we came home smelling like that crap every night... no fun at all... so one day... durning summer break... we decided to quit. We were the ones in the back making the sandwiches and Mike, my best friend said he could eat more cheese burgers then me before we were fired. I said since we were going to quit anyways that he was on. it was durning the lunch rush and we just started making cheese burgers and eatting them... it got a bit out of hand... slapping food from each others hands and what not... but it was fun... the shift manager came back when there was no food to be served and freaked out... saying if we didnt start making stuff we would be fired... Mike pointed out that we were making stuff... just not the stuff that was needed... and we quit... we didnt get a final check... but it was worth it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:07 pm
Not so dramatic, but I had a cup of coffee with a guy before the night shift started. He got a kind of distant look in his eyes an mused "Ya know, I think I'll quit this job." Sounded like an off in the distance kind of thing, so I asked when he was thinking of leaving. He said "Right Now!" and he did. That's about the closest thing to saying goodbye we ever got from him.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:15 pm
That is actually a great way to do it. I love that. Did you ever find out what became of the guy?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:20 pm
kicky, don't you need ever references from your
old employers, or don't the new potential employers
call for references?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:21 pm
I don't have any stories about me, but one of my co-workers was permanently let go. He came to our workplace a week later screaming and throwing office furniture around. I immediately left the building just as the police were arriving.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:23 pm
Cj, it depends on the job you're going for, I guess. I have only burned one bridge like that before. And that was because I was moving to another state, and I already had another job lined up. As for my current situation, I am almost positive that the next job will have nothing to do with what I do now.

Plus, references are easy to fake if you have good friends. Razz
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:24 pm
Quit whining and just... quit already. Jeez!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:25 pm
smog wrote:

Yeah, how many threads have you created bitching about your job Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Oh, I'm gonna quit soon alright. But I can't guarantee that the whining will ever stop.
0 Replies

roger

You deny them permission, Calamity, and that's that. It's just too easy for the former employer to be sued, and darn expensive and time consuming even if they win. Except for CDL drivers where the present and former employer's are required to exchange (and only with written permission of the employee) information, my company will absolutely never comment on more than dates of employment. Now, in a tight little industry in a small town, there is a chance of unofficial back door communication amongst trusted friends, but even that's not awfully common.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:26 pm
What kind of job do you have in mind next?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:28 pm
colorbook wrote:
smog wrote:

Yeah, how many threads have you created bitching about your job Laughing

Two. Okay, maybe three. But the first one is almost a year old now! I needed to bring it up to date. Smile

Besides, this isn't a whining thread, this is a quit your job fantasy thread!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:30 pm
roger wrote:
You deny them permission, Calamity, and that's that. It's just too easy for the former employer to be sued, and darn expensive and time consuming even if they win. Except for CDL drivers where the present and former employer's are required to exchange (and only with written permission of the employee) information, my company will absolutely never comment on more than dates of employment. Now, in a tight little industry in a small town, there is a chance of unofficial back door communication amongst trusted friends, but even that's not awfully common.

That's true roger, but without saying anything negative about
the former employee, you can convey a certain message to the
new prospect that would suggest he's not a good employee.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:34 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
What kind of job do you have in mind next?

I am not sure yet, but this thread is for positive take-this-job-and-shove-it stories, so I will have to refer you to my other whiny my-job-sucks thread for that. I went into some of what I'm thinking about there. It starts right about here.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 11:10 pm
How bout you just dress up like Della Reese's character (Vera) from "Harlem Nights" and strut out like she did the police station saying, "Kiss my e-n-t-i-r-e ass..."
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 11:19 pm
Thanks, Bill. I have a co-worker who is a part-time drag queen. Maybe he could help me with the outfit. Razz
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 03:35 am
My mum used to work in an old people home.
About a week before she was due to retire they employed somebody who was known to have strangled her husband(attempted).
My mum quite rightly thought she didnt have to put up with working with someone like that so she left the next day.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 08:18 am
I have burned a bridge or two in my jobs and when it came to not allowing them to contact my former employer I just simply said No they cant, and then said that the boss that I worked for the entire time I was there is no longer there so they wouldnt be able to get the refernace they ( the new employer ) deserved... and then smiled my famous kiss ass smile. :-) haha
0 Replies