What's your favorite color?

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2017 08:03 am
I'm resigned to the fact that bright orange is my favorite color. Resigned? "Huh"... you might verbally jettison. From someone who thinks sentimentality can be toxic to oneself and ones overall view of contemporary culture, I am resolved to be receptive to the notion that I am in fact a child of the 70s. Though my teens were in the garish neon and carcinogenic fluorescent 80s, my color sensibilities were forged in the 70s which I now will embrace ... up to a point but embrace I will.

What's your color deal? Do you have an overall design scheme? A favorite period for colors? A favorite color at all?

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2017 08:14 am
@tsarstepan,

this is my favorite color...
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2017 08:56 am
@tsarstepan,
I think I wrote about color before on a2k, but forget quite what I said. I don't have a favorite, and think color has a context re the company it keeps, so the same color can play out differing scenarios.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2017 09:55 am
More often than not, when asked to do so, I name Red as my favorite. But I like them all. Except murky green. That one is a furtive, sneaky one I would not turn my back to.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2017 10:09 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote region:
Quote:
this is my favorite color...

Mine too. Although oddly, bright orange is my second. Also I'm of Irish descent and Green Lantern was my favorite superhero, which dovetails into the fact that I hate the color yellow.

Not because it negates my Power Ring, but because back in high school they used to let us out into the park across the street for lunch on sunny days but made us go into the cafeteria when it was raining, so on depressing rainy days the whole damn cafeteria was packed full of kids who normally would be outside and the air was intensely close and humid and and we were surrounded by walls which were painted this lousy, nauseating yellow.

I also dislike taxicabs for the same reason, and back in the seventies, yellow was a favorite color among Camaro buyers and everytime I saw one like that, I remember thinking the owner must be nuts.
farmerman

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2017 01:56 pm
@Blickers,
I like MARDIS
GRAS
COLORS

But purple is my mostest favoritest
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2017 05:16 pm
Green is my favorite color--a rich, kelly green.

Purple is my second favorite. I like this color all the way from deep purple to lavender.

Looks like fm and I have colors in common.

I wonder if I like these colors because they look good on me. My wardrobe used to consist of a lot of green and purple.
farmerman

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2017 05:27 pm
@Roberta,
I used to live in NAwlins and got hooked on Mawdi Graw
0 Replies

cl-84

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2017 02:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
Cobalt blue! Electric blue? I'm sure you catch the idea.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2017 02:55 pm
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b5/8f/2c/b58f2c08d528bb8d159baed68273588f.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2017 03:06 pm
@tsarstepan,
Grape.

If anyone were to ask, my favorite flavor is purple.
roger

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2017 04:10 pm
@Setanta,
I gave up coloring books when I found out the purple did not taste like grape.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2017 04:14 pm
Various shades of red, including magenta and burgundy.

Almost anything other than yellow.
0 Replies

Dreamsage

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2017 05:25 pm
@tsarstepan,
Deep red and light blue. Deep red is rich, warm and calming, but also quite dramatic as it also reminds me of thick blood. Light blue is serene and happy, but in a calm way, that makes you breath slower and daydream.
chai2

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2017 08:38 pm
@Dreamsage,
I love deep red, blue toned red because of that calming effect of me. It makes me feel secure cuddled and somehow "put together"

To bring up what tsar asked in his first post "do you have an overall design scheme", definitely yes.

It's not just the red, but what is going with it. A home with red needs camel, deep rich yellow (I hate yellow in general, having trouble just typing it), bordering on brown. There's not much more classy looking than a red and camel room, with added jewel tones for interest, or an outfit with those colors.

Other complimentary colors like grays, whites, creams, blacks I like too, depending on the overall design.

Since the only blue I really care for is cobalt, I wouldn't put any blues in my home or wardrobe, except for blue jeans.

Light blue especially makes me feel sterile and cold.

I'm not a pastel person.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpdAAI6vZNiUk6wx1VlXvJCsqnV2dWKk4adOY83GsSqkk2E6Nrgw
0 Replies