Fahrenheit 9/11 wins favorite movie award at People's Choice

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:32 am
That's an entirely different issue..... and btw I believe most of what I saw in the film....and can look past the sensationalism....to the meat of the matter....squinney spent some time in Oklahoma this summer and in those rural back woods areas....the only thing people know LITERALLY is what they see on Fox...when Shelley went to church they actually had Focus on the Family inserts in the bibles telling people that bush is a Christian selected by God and that's who you need to vote for...... that's the other extreme...certainly as repugnant and purposefully extreme as Fahrenheit 9/11...but certainly not thought provoking....not independent or reasoning thought anyway....

How about the Godfather movies? Everybody like them? Because that fat ass Francis Ford Coppola could stand to push the pasta away and eat some fruit.....I don't hear any snide remarks about his weight.....
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:43 am
http://cagle.slate.msn.com/news/MichaelMoore/images/thompson.jpg
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:44 am
http://img109.exs.cx/img109/2708/michaelmoorelyingfordoughnuts9.jpg
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:49 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
That's an entirely different issue..... and btw I believe most of what I saw in the film....and can look past the sensationalism....to the meat of the matter....squinney spent some time in Oklahoma this summer and in those rural back woods areas....the only thing people know LITERALLY is what they see on Fox...when Shelley went to church they actually had Focus on the Family inserts in the bibles telling people that bush is a Christian selected by God and that's who you need to vote for...... that's the other extreme...certainly as repugnant and purposefully extreme as Fahrenheit 9/11...but certainly not thought provoking....not independent or reasoning thought anyway....

How about the Godfather movies? Everybody like them? Because that fat ass Francis Ford Coppola could stand to push the pasta away and eat some fruit.....I don't hear any snide remarks about his weight.....

Francis is a dork. He looks like a dork. I can say it. Love the movies. Think he is a big dork.

The Bush/God thing freaks me out. I am not debating that any of what he has in his film is untrue. I am debating the way it's put together and the sequence of it. Cutting and pasting of truth makes for some untruth. Those who are smart enough to think for themselves can watch 9/11 and make their own decisions regarding what happened, and do some research and validate the "facts" presented in the film. The rest of the country sees it and thinks that they are getting secret information that isn't available to the public already. Michael Moore isn't some special agent who can get ahold of top secret documents. He is a regular citizen who has the same access as the rest of us.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:49 am
well tico if Michael Moore is a liar...at least his lies will only kill him from the dougnuts....the kind of lies bush tells will keep us at war for generations....do you have any children? When they become of age to be slaughtered in a war, and if they are, you can remember with pride how you helped to empower the liar at the root of it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:53 am
Every president is a liar. Every president has engaged in shady behavior. Our government should be known as the original organized crime. The only reason Bush gets more crap is because he isn't as suave as a lot of the other presidents were. He isn't good at hiding the fact that he is a schmuck.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:55 am
Kristie wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Francis is a dork. He looks like a dork. I can say it. Love the movies. Think he is a big dork.

The Bush/God thing freaks me out. I am not debating that any of what he has in his film is untrue. I am debating the way it's put together and the sequence of it. Cutting and pasting of truth makes for some untruth. Those who are smart enough to think for themselves can watch 9/11 and make their own decisions regarding what happened, and do some research and validate the "facts" presented in the film. The rest of the country sees it and thinks that they are getting secret information that isn't available to the public already. Michael Moore isn't some special agent who can get ahold of top secret documents. He is a regular citizen who has the same access as the rest of us.

And the Focus On The Family types are not specially empowered agents of God to be giving people information either, and yet "the rest of the country" ses their bullshit and swallows it whole, so maybe we need sensationalism on both sides of the issue...and there will be balance in the force my young paduin.... Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:57 am
Kristie wrote:
Every president is a liar. Every president has engaged in shady behavior. Our government should be known as the original organized crime. The only reason Bush gets more crap is because he isn't as suave as a lot of the other presidents were. He isn't good at hiding the fact that he is a schmuck.

Exactly...what we need in this big lying country is a really good liar...not some transparent dumb ass.... :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:58 am
They're not? Boy have I been misinformed.....here I was ready to lead a crusade and you're telling me.... Laughing I know.....That's the problem with this country. People are too lazy to do any sort of thinking of their own.

I am a big hypocrite when it comes to the media because I work for a network in ad sales. Laughing I work in an industry that intentionally misleads people. Lovely.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:59 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Kristie wrote:

Exactly...what we need in this big lying country is a really good liar...not some transparent dumb ass.... :wink:

Laughing

I was thinking of running.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:00 am
Kristie wrote:
They're not? Boy have I been misinformed.....here I was ready to lead a crusade and you're telling me.... Laughing I know.....That's the problem with this country. People are too lazy to do any sort of thinking of their own.

I am a big hypocrite when it comes to the media because I work for a network in ad sales. Laughing I work in an industry that intentionally misleads people. Lovely.

no one then knows better than you that a turd is a turd but a turd with a stripe around it is a big hit and a money maker.....and turd covered in red white and blue stripe...well....kaching
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:04 am
Packaging is everything.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:49 am
Kristie, I think you asked who the girls were. Well, they're my girls, and they're all grown up now. They even have a brother who wasn't there for that first pic. This was taken two summers ago.

Kids

BTW, this was taken at my Michigan hunting/fishing/etc. getaway.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:05 am
You have very beautiful children!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:45 am
Yep, thanks. They look nothing like me.
0 Replies

couzz

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:00 pm
Kristie:

Don't be scared. We may not be able to get people off their couches but anything that makes them think is a move in a direction. The word "movement" is key.

Don't forget we would not be having these postings, if it was not for MM. So those of you (on both sides and middle too) keep your brains in operation mode.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:01 pm
I know I know....

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. (BPB, I SO know what you are thinking here....bad bear..... Laughing )

Ignorant movement is almost worse than no movement at all.
0 Replies

couzz

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:07 pm
If there was no "ignorant movement" how can others be motivated to wake up?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:30 pm
Wouldn't you hate to be anywhere near Michael Moore when he had a "movement"?

Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:31 pm
Yes, nothing more disgusting I can imagine than watching him **** a conservative.....
0 Replies