Fahrenheit 9/11 wins favorite movie award at People's Choice

cjhsa

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 07:54 pm
huh? spin.............
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:00 pm
You know LW, it doesn't look good on you when you take that much offense to my intentionally sophmoric humor aimed at MM.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:07 pm
Sophomoric, yes. Humor, not.

Not only misspelled but not flattering to yourself:

Main Entry: soph·o·mor·ic
Pronunciation: "säf-'mOr-ik, -'mor-, -'mär- also "sof- or "sä-f&- or "so-f&-
Function: adjective
1 : conceited and overconfident of knowledge but poorly informed and immature

Suggestion: quit while you are behind.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:08 pm
You're the one losing credibility and you don't even realize it. I feel sorry for you, really.

NOT!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:11 pm
Aw, the last defense. Have another drink and retire.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:12 pm
Sorry to interrupt the "love-fest" you two got going on here, for just a second ... but cjhsa, you have a nice-looking family there. You do good work.

Carry on.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:14 pm
Thanks Tico.

LW knows that I love him, just not in the way he wants. Wink
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:19 pm
Oh, sorry...you're definitely not my type so not to worry. I was being purposefully facetious just to see if I could get cjhsa's goat. He does have a habit of butting in.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:20 pm
I sold my goat to Gus.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:21 pm
Ah, so you were horny for him?
0 Replies

couzz

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:27 pm
Another award for MM...Critics' Choice Award for best documentary "F9/11".
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:33 pm
Now, don't rub it in -- those who belie the success of the film are in their own little world. And I do mean little.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:15 am
Lightwizard
Lightwizard, people who show disrespect toward fat people are no better than racists and bigots. My disrespect of A2K members who make fun, either in jest or viciously, of fat people is well known at A2K. I won't repeat what my reaction is because the last time I did, I was banned. My daughter has suffered most of her life from the insults by such clods.

BBB
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:46 am
I used to be intolerant of people with weight problems because I didn't understand the psychology. I figured, now come on, all you have to do is stop eating to please yourself and exercise. Turns out it's way more complicated than that. Winston Churchill had a weight problem -- didn't seem to affect one of the most brilliant political minds of the 20th Century (he also liked his cognac and cigars -- remind anyone of the forefathers?)

And, yes, couzz, Moore once again trumped everyone who dislikes his film and who probably haven't even seen it. Voted best film on public polls and by the critics. Hmmm...do I smell the strange scent of sour grapes? The more they express their hatred for Moore, the more they dig a deeper hole. There's a powerful echo down there and it could break their eardrums.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 01:39 am
Moore's a pig, the weight is a side effect of that affliction.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 07:43 am
cjhsa wrote:
Not me.

Me

I posted a link to the pic so you don't have to look at me if you don't want to.

Who are the lil sweeties?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 07:44 am
Lightwizard wrote:

Never volunteer unless everyone else in the line steps backwards. Then you're stuck.

Laughing

That's a good one...I like that.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 07:52 am
I have nothing against heavy people. I do however, have something against Moore. I don't particularily like his methods of sh*t distrubing and intentional slanting when he does just what he says he is against. Anyone who thinks Moore is just feeding us the truth that the Bush admin. is hiding is kidding themselves. (although yes, I know the govt. is involved in shady business) Moore is doing just what the media and the government do; he's showing us just what he wants us to see. He's a hypocrite. That's what makes him jeer worthy. Not his weight.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:11 am
The idea of a film is to cause emotions and reactions in people...to make them think as they are entertained to invoke strong feeings...using this standard for judgement...Michael Moore is a genius and film maker extraordinaire...whether you like him or agree with him is 1000% irrelevant to that irrefutable truth....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:17 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
The idea of a film is to cause emotions and reactions in people...to make them think as they are entertained to invoke strong feeings...using this standard for judgement...Michael Moore is a genius and film maker extraordinaire...whether you like him or agree with him is 1000% irrelevant to that irrefutable truth....

This is true. But you know as well as I do that people have and will take this movie for absolute truth and base their decisions and opinions on it. That is what scares me.
0 Replies