She-pup refuses to eat unless she can feed herself

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 08:15 pm
That's right, Bailey can get a cookie out of a sleeping baby's fingers, and lick the fingers clean without waking most babies up.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 09:49 pm
Arrowroot cookies... they sell them in the baby food aisle. I tried one to see what they were like and they were delicious. Not too sweet, kind of like animal crackers only harder. Again, they gnaw on them and are used more as a teething support than food but kids love them.

If you need an idea for your extra cheerios... try some melted butter and a little salt like popcorn and enjoy them yourself. My brother made this up when we were little and had run out of popcorn. It's delicious.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:28 am
How about pasta? They have lots of different types and even a special baby pasta (can't remember the name of it). If you don't mind a mess put a little sauce in it or even better add some small cut up veggies.

Also a thought for messy foods. Have the baby sit in the high chair in only a diaper and put newspapers or other under the chair so that when it is all finished simply put the baby in for a bath and throw the newspapers away - easy clean up.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 09:49 am
When my guys were that age (OMG that was a long time ago!), I put one of those vinyl tablecothes under the high chair. After the food fest, just pick it up, shake it off and wipe it clean or throw it in the wash.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 10:10 am
haha! i do that. My baby eats almost naked. ( just diaper) and it is a riot to watch.
I did also get some rice pasta for her. She was a little stand off-ish about them at first, but now she loves them.
I dont worry too much about clean up as watching her make the mess is great fun for me. I also love giving her baths so more excuses for baths the more fun I have with her. ;-)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 10:11 am
I recommend pickled eggs and a PBR....it'll also stretch out nap time....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 02:31 pm
I also found some rice flour waffles...
wich little bean is eating now.

they are crumby, but easy for her to chew . They have real blueberries in them and what is cute is her face when she finds one. It is almost like a treasure hunt. When she gets one she just sits REAL still, stares at me, spits it out into her finger, looks at it then squeals and laughs and eats it.!!! Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 04:27 pm
squeeling and laughing back. This was such a fun age.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 05:51 pm
Makes me think of my niece. She loves black olives. She'll put one on her lil fingers and suck on it like a lollipop. Its soooooooooooooooo cute.
0 Replies