Kristie wrote:
Brand X wrote:
Just be sure and break it in right the very first night... :wink:

We'll be sure to put permanant butt dents in the memory foam Shocked Mr. Green

No! I meant marking your territory with your own specal snot stain! Laughing
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 05:37 pm
A well-made older mattress can be refurbished by adding a layer of polyester fiberfill (available in sheets from Upholstery Supply Wholesalers) and a new slipcover... the innersprings just need new padding when the old padding mats down.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 06:12 pm
memory foam sucks when you try to turn over at night.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 06:14 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

And if it doesn't remember you...does it throw you out of bed?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 06:22 pm
Bear and I met when I was the assistant manager at a waterbed store. (GOSH! 16+ Years ago!) Shortly after Bear started working there we switched and started carrying both waterbeds and traditional mattresses. We had to do the whole mattress factory tour and have classes and stuff. I wasn't too interested since I was in school and wouldn't be there much longer, so Bear learned everything.

I do remember that the coil count, thread count and the strength of the coils matters. But, for EACH store in a city or general area the same company (Sealy, Serta, etc) makes the same bed for different mattress stores and the only difference is the pattern or color of the ticking.

In other words, you may be able to shop around and find the same mattress in a different color for less at a different store. If you know the coil count and size, you can ask the sales person at each store you visit for those specs. After you see if it is the same basic make-up as the one you like, let the salesman know you had seen one like it at such and such store for $XXX. You may get a break if the salesman is hungry. Or, go back to the original store and tell your salesman you found it for $XXX at so and so's.

Now, the salesman will tell you it isn't the same. If you have the specs to compare you can let him know you know its a different ticking, but otherwise the same and whichever salesman gives you the break in price... Buy!

PS. The salesman will not be happy, but, hey, you shouldn't have to see him again for 10 years or better.

PSS. Be sure to turn your mattress every Spring and Fall for uniform wear. And, don't try to skimp by not buying the box spring that goes with it. They work together.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:09 pm
what happens to you if you remove the mattress tag.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:13 pm
What happens to a waterbed if shewolfnm sleeps on it on her stomach side?

It turns into a sprinkler system?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 07:39 am
Brand X wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:

And if it doesn't remember you...does it throw you out of bed?

Laughing
Laughing
Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 07:48 am
shewolfnm wrote:

See thats the beauty of this mattress...It's a pillow top with memory foam. We didn't like just the memory foam on top or just the pillow top on top. It's not like the temperpedic mattress (all foam) which is great if you don't move at all....it is just....heavenly.

UPDATE
We went back last night to another store....I forgot to tell you all about our heinous experience the first time. The sales guy was a real jeak. One of those, "Hey you look like chumps so I am gonna sell you no matter what!" kind of guys. And his "mattress guru" guy was even worse. I won't go into detail...it just pisses me off. But anyway, we decided to go to another store and the guy there was a rookie (which is good for us) who was really nice and genuine but didn't have that smooth talker sales-guy thing going yet. And he wanted a sale BAD. Unfortunatly, we got there late and we couldn't complete the deal but this guy wants this sale SO BAD he is having us come back on Saturday. I should have my mattress by Tuesday! Very Happy
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 07:48 am
Region Philbis wrote:
what happens to you if you remove the mattress tag.

Bad things....very bad things.....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 08:08 am
when you pull off the tag at the store, the underware gnomes who live in that mattress get PISSED. that tag is thier security .
when you remove it, they sneak out while you are still in the store and give you a wedgie.
I heard one time this woman pulled off the tag and the laid down on the bed... like adumbass.. she got a wedgie SO BIG that you could see the tag of her fruit of the loom underware in the back of her throat!!!!!
GIRL SCOUTS HONOR! im NOT lying!
those gnomes are ass holes when they are mad
0 Replies