Tom DeLay: Worst. Person. Ever.

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 11:26 am
http://amcop.blogspot.com/2005/01/choice-words.html

Quote:
Choice words…
…from a class-act guy.

This (Tuesday) morning at 9am, C-SPAN had a live telecast of the 109th Congressional Prayer Service from a church on Capitol Hill. There were some sentiments shared about the recently-passed Bob Matsui and Shirley Chisholm, and, amidst the scripture readings, reminders from a few Congressmen about the Christian foundation of our government. Others spoke of the Asian tsunami tragedy.

Then Tom DeLay gets up to the pulpit, and -- striking a beautiful note in light of the 150,000 dead from the floods referenced by his colleagues -- lets loose with some Matthew 7, beginning at verse 21.

(Many thanks to ben for the heads up on the exact wording, and to DemWatch for directing us to this transcription of the reading and MP3.)

Saith DeLay:

"A reading of the Gospel, in Matthew 7:21 through 27.

Not every one who says to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven; but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?

"Then I will declare to them solemnly, 'I never knew you: depart from me, you evil doers.'"

Everyone who listens to these words of mine, and acts on them, will be like a wise man, who built his house on a rock:

The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew, and buffeted the house, but it did not collapse; it has been set solidly on rock.

And everyone who listens to these words of mine, but does not act on them, will be like a fool who built his house on sand:

The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew, and buffeted the house, and it collapsed and was completely ruined."

He finishes reading, says nothing more, and sits back down.

A wise man.http://amcop.blogspot.com/delay%20capitol%20steps.jpg

A foolish man.http://amcop.blogspot.com/tsunami%20guy.jpg

Truly sickening, that DeLay would say imply that the tsunami was a result of non-worship of the Chrisitan god. Truly a snake!

Cycloptichorn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,000 • Replies: 8
No top replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 11:39 am
Wow...I am rarely, if ever offended.
This made my stomach well up...and that's as close as I get to offended.

This kind of leadership, this kind of religiosity, will eventually put enough secular republicans off, as well as moderate republican Christians--at least I would hope so of the latter.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 12:42 pm
Re the title of this thread: Well, there is Charles Manson, Hitler, Ghengis Khan, Saddam Hussein, George W. Bush, etc....
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 01:57 pm
Approximately 60 billion humans have lived since the beginning of humanity; 10% of them are still around.

Cycl studied each of their lives and times, then reached the conclusion in her title - that's obvious to all except DrewDad.

Where did his list come from, btw?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 02:22 pm
HofT wrote:
Approximately 60 billion humans have lived since the beginning of humanity; 10% of them are still around.

Cycl studied each of their lives and times, then reached the conclusion in her title - that's obvious to all except DrewDad.

Where did his list come from, btw?

Actually, my list was tounge-in-cheek.

The title of the thread is hyperbole, of course, written to express the author's outrage.

DeLay is an ass. And I hope he goes down hard for his criminal interference with the Texas electoral process.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 02:44 pm
And, Cyc is a he.

Sigh.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 03:20 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
And, Cyc is a he.

Sigh.

Cycloptichorn

Cyc... I thought we took care of this problem already...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 03:43 pm
I don't know what gave me the chill, the implication of his words, or that cheesy-ass picture.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 03:47 pm
I'm starting to wonder, though, if he had words such as those when the 4 hurricanes hit Florida last summer.
0 Replies