Thinking about death

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2017 05:28 am
Alot of people I know have been dying latley. Especially from herion. Alot of kids from school. My one friend killed himself at 28 years old by hanging. I'm am 29 years of age male. I have a good job a child and a girlfriend. I have been thinking about death alot now that I have been to so many funerals. I'm dreading it. I think about it everyday. It is changing my Outlook on things. I never was scared like this before in my life. I allways had faith that I would get old die and go to heaven. Now it's I die and nothing happens. Just black and that scares me. Any advice? This goes threw my head at least once and hour . I hate it
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,080 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2017 07:11 am
@Frank Garret,
You are obsessing. Get counseling to learn how to process your grief.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2017 08:11 am
@Frank Garret,
It's not unusual to think about death after attending a bunch of funerals. It's right there in your face. Yes, it's very final.

Maybe what you can do is shift your focus to the preciousness of life. You have lots of blessings in your life. Count them.

Do volunteer work. Show others you love them.

Choose Life.
0 Replies

AngleWyrm-paused

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 10:18 am
@Frank Garret,
It is true you will die one day, probably within a hundred years. But the distribution curve of deaths at a given age is fairly steep, with a peak around 75-80 years old.

The tension you've experienced is a result of witnessing an abnormal portion of that distribution, a process that ordinarily adjusts our measurement of what is normal.

What you've seen is not normal for your age.
0 Replies