Is it okay to date my ex girlfriends, exgirlfriends ex girlfriend

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2017 09:18 am
Bit complicated. Let's rename these 3 exs for the purpose of this question.
My ex is called Jess.
Jess dated my friend Sarah.
And Sarah dated Lucy.

Now is it morally acceptable for me to date Lucy? because shes an ex of my exs, ex. (All very confusing I know)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,015 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2017 09:29 am
@Reality98,
How long has everyone been exes?

The further distance in time, the better.

__

Generally speaking, friends dating exes of friends doesn't work out well but sometimes with enough time it can be ok.

and yanno - talk to your friends about your concerns. friends talk to friends
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2017 10:29 am
@Reality98,
How close or how distant are these exes in the present day (social circle wise)? Are you friends still with either Jess or Sarah? If you or Jess or Sarah no longer have any connection (social circle wise) presently with Lucy? Go ahead. You're no longer social item with Jess. No one is crossing paths between any of these individuals. If you and Lucy connect? Why not.
Reality98

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2017 11:38 am
@tsarstepan,
We can all be in a room together and it not be awkward. I don't really talk to Sarah anymore, but I sometimes talk to Jess if she messages or I see her out and about because we're in a similar social circle. So I'm concerned about how Jess will act.

Sarah and Lucy are still reasonably close friends.
Might just see where it goes
0 Replies

Reality98

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2017 11:40 am
@ehBeth,
Me and Jess have been exs since last December.
Jess and Sarah broke up last month
Although, Sarah and Lucy were together for a few weeks before Sarah got with Jess, so they're just friends now.

I've spoken to some friends about it but my usual circle I'd go to are too involved in the situation and they know everyone I'm talking about so it has the potential to be biased advice.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2017 11:45 am
@Reality98,
so Lucy was with Sarah a few months ago?

this all seems way too soon for people who are so interconnected

have you considered looking outside of your social/romantic circle? this all sounds so high school where the same 8 - 10 date each other over a couple of years and it's all messy and emotional
Reality98

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2017 11:48 am
@ehBeth,
Not properly.
None of us are emotionally or romantically involved in one another anymore.
Believe it or not we are all at university haha.
0 Replies