Msg to Pond and Don

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 02:52 pm
Once again my profound thanks to the Web's wide-ranging and repeatedly acclaimed a2k for Don's OP, 'VALLEY VOICES ON RELIGION, ' where he asks me to 'In conclusion, respect God' where Don describes my previous OP [Sorry a2k'ers,' it gets so complicated], 'Thank God,' as '…not really a religious posting.'

Still--as a [laughingly] apodictical existential pantheist--I am cordially flattered for the attention. Considering the huge number of responses to my postings of 20 years' retirement, I had concluded that not only am I not taken seriously, but that almost nobody reads 'em.

['Ceptin' deeper-thinkin' folk like Don (name 'guised to protect the innocent.) ]

…his inspiring and well-written [though (I think) wandering] epistle ending by defending his unbiased bias with an assertion that a2k should '....publish only contributions that respect the one, true God…', which I had earlier labeled as '…virtually a definition of bias.'

Oh Don but I do !! not only respect Your God but am positively awed by It All; that is to say my OP's here are certainly most profoundly religious, where I mention She, He, It, The Entire Shebang….. Now there are all sortsa linguistic technicalities but I had meant 'bias' not on your part but what I had described as '…the fine—and unbiased…a2k….' So forgive me, fella, if you misunderstood

Our Universe is indeed the most noteworthy 'creation', the most remarkable thing that ever 'happened,' while I love and respect It in the mightiest defense I can muster !! But I place certain terms in " ' " 's to emphasize that they entail certain contradiction and paradox, like: How did She Herself 'come' outa nothin,' and What was She doin' 'for She 'created' us? and why, anyhow ?

Briefly our pantheistic position that (1) She (He, It, Us) isn't 'supernatural,' but (2), was always there [Haddabe] and that we came about through a kinda 'scientific' process called 'evolution'….[Yo a2k Mgmt, hope thisn'n' ain't gettin' too long], but, totally oblivious to all the inevitable accusations of dangerous, irresponsible revelation …., I am [email protected], glad to defend myself. After all, at 86 who cares, when tomorrow we might wake up dead ?

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley
[Home of the truly repentant]

[And oh, Web Geniuses and Spell Programmers:: I finally found a way 'round your Software Glitch # 2,682 (r) (very old'n, in Apple/Mac Email) cuttin' off the bottom of my letter: just by clickin' it's lower-right corner, draggin' it to the right !! Bet I gotacha that time didn't I ? ]

[And say, guys, by the way, what gave you the idea to disable 'File, Send,' whenever I hit the two letters 'k' and 'g' in succession, then hit 'Enter,' while holding the left side of my lip to the left with my middle finger…(tho only on Friday after 12 noon) ? ]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,189 • Replies: 8

Sturgis

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 04:06 pm
Kindly sum this up in simpler terms. I read the thing twice and it makes very little sense.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 04:57 pm
@Sturgis,
Ya Stur it does tend to wander a bit doesn't it
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 06:32 pm
Geez, I was just going to say it was the most coherent thing he's ever posted.
chai2

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 07:00 pm
Doesn't seem this message was for either of you, unless you're known by Pond or Don.

0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 07:30 pm
@dalehileman,
"...while I love and respect It in the mightiest defense I can muster!!"
-Dale Hileman
farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2017 04:22 am
@Ponderer,
There used to be a rock band called "The Oozing Pond Scum". I miss them.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2017 10:30 am
@PUNKEY,
Wow Punk you've made a new friend

....I think
farmerman

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 04:17 am
@dalehileman,
I dont use MSG at all . It makes everything taste like meat
0 Replies