Is Jesus Almighty God?

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 11:25 am
Jesus’ opposers accused him of making himself equal to God. John 5:18; 10:30-33. However, Jesus never claimed to be on the same level as Almighty God. He said: “The Father is greater than I am.”—John 14:28.

What are your thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 643 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 12:08 pm
@anthony1312002,
Well, according to biblical passages there is a definite separation between God and Jesus. In some churches however I've seen them swapped back and forth more often than a ping pong ball. It may be related to the confusion and seldom well explained Trinity.

Personally, I've never equated Jesus with being God, they have always been with their own identity and power level (God being substantially more powerful than Jesus on his own).
anthony1312002

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 12:17 pm
@Sturgis,
Hey Sturgis, you are right on point. Even Jesus’ early followers did not view him as being equal to Almighty God. For example, the apostle Paul wrote that after Jesus was resurrected, God “exalted him [Jesus] to a superior position.” Obviously, Paul did not believe that Jesus was Almighty God. Otherwise, how could God exalt Jesus to a superior position? —Philippians 2:9.

0 Replies