3

Is Islam peaceful?

afnan

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2017 07:26 pm
Hi I'm student from Thailand. Now I'm doing a research. I would like to ask you some questions. Is Islam peaceful? Thanks for you opinion ...

3  
Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 01:18 am
@afnan,
Just on your doorstep you've got Buddhists conducting ethnic cleansing against Rohingya Muslims and you're asking if Islam is peaceful. Why not ask how Buddhism managed to fool people into thinking it's a peaceful religion when in reality it's incredibly violent and fascistic?

hightor

5  
Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 05:12 am
@afnan,
Islam itself can't be "peaceful" — it's just the name given to a particular faith. The practitioners of the faith can be peaceful or they can be violent. There have been many Muslim societies which lived in peace and even allowed Christians and Jews to practice their religions without persecution. As Izzy points out, you can't say that about current Burmese Buddhists. Socio-politcal factors have infected many contemporary Muslim societies with virulent strains of violent Islamic fundamentalism but it would be ignorant to paint the entire religion as violent — or peaceful. It depends on the people who identify with the religion and the actions they feel inspired to do.

auroreII

-1  
Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2017 09:03 am
@afnan,
I was going to say NO Islam is not a peaceful religion. How can it be peaceful when it's doctrine seems to say death to the infidels. But I have to agree with Hightor. There is probably not a religion group out there that has not at one time or another committed atrocities in the name of their religion. Peace seems to have more to do with what is in the hearts of its members.

Krumple

-2  
Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2017 04:45 pm
@afnan,
Islam is about as peaceful as a loaded gun.

If you don't do anything with it, then no harm done.

But as soon as you start messing with it. Waving it around. Using it to threaten other people. Forcing it in other peoples face. Chance increase that someone's going to eventually get hurt.

1  
Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2017 02:01 am
Says the Holocaust denier who supports the child murdering scum of the NRA.

If it wasn't for Islam we wouldn't have had the Renaissance, which has improved the lives of countless millions even if it did pass you by.

If nothing else this thread shows that only bigoted far right extremists attack Islam, the rest are far too intelligent and decent.
Krumple

1  
Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2017 05:38 pm
izzythepush wrote:

Why are you dishonest? Do you enjoy attempting to lie about my actual position? You show me where I "denied" the holocaust. You are SO delusional it is comical. People have called you out on your behavior so many times and yet you have NEVER learned anything from it. What is it like to be SO delusional?

coldjoint

-2  
Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2018 03:50 pm
Revisionist history from the vision-less.
The Myth of the Andalusian Paradise

http://www.mmisi.org/ir/41_02/fernandez-morera.pdf