Is Islam peaceful?

coldjoint

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2019 07:07 pm
@BillRM,
Who is acting on those hateful verses? The Jews killed all those people. They are done and the Bible says so.
The Koran says the killing never ends. Also you are denying the reality. This happens daily.

Quote:
Other Recent "Misunderstandings
of Islam"

2019.07.01 (Afghanistan)
Dozens of schoolchildren are among the casualties of a suicide blast and ground attack.

2019.06.30 (Afghanistan)
Eight election workers are among nineteen blown to bits by four Fedayeen suicide car bombers.

2019.06.28 (Afghanistan)
Twenty-five civilians are murdered by the Taliban

2019.06.28 (Philippines)
A woman is among five killed when an Abu Sayyaf suicide bomber self-detonates.

2019.06.27 (Tunisia)
Suicide bombers kill a guard outside the French embassy.

2019.06.26 (Syria)
Sunni militants send a missile into a residential area, tearing a small girl to shreds.

(Note: Data for each attack is sometimes pulled from multiple sources. The provided link may not be in complete agreement with the updated detail for the incident).

https://thereligionofpeace.com/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2019 07:12 pm
Quote:
Christians in Africa: "You have three days to go or you will be killed!"

We have touched on minority rights and we see there are none when Muslims are the majority,.
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/14430/christians-africa-persecution
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2019 01:32 pm
Where is the explanation for these violent verses? They do not mean what they say? That is what seems to be the opinion that is not fact based. If Islamic text can be produced where Muhammad says he condemns violent jihad and terror I would love to see it.

Again, not talking about what Islam actually says is no answer. It gives the impression that the truth must not be admitted because it is surely known and denied with no factual evidence. Instead of name calling for doing nothing but relating provable facts, how about some answers?

HabibUrrehman

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2019 03:09 pm
@coldjoint,
I have given you proofs so many times but you only want to see, read and hear what you want to. Keep trolling....
coldjoint

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2019 04:57 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
Quote:
I have given you proofs so many times but you only want to see, read and hear what you want to.

I read what it (Koran and Hadith) says and you have proven you are a dime a dozen apologist, nothing more.

Now tell me where Muhammad disavows terror or violent jihad
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2019 05:45 pm
After you prove Muhammad disavows violence you can find a verses that says unbelievers are part of humanity. Islam does not consider them members of humanity. In fact anything good about non-Muslims would be nice.

No abrogated verses.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2019 07:43 pm
Hello? A response should be forthcoming, I would think, if Islam is the religion of peace.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2019 02:22 pm
I am still waiting for some real proof of Islam's peaceful intentions. Peace for Islam only comes when Islam is the only religion and Sharia rules the world. What verse or verses change that?

Remember what an individual Muslim says about Islam is not always true. Both claims, peace and deceit are backed up with easily found text. Where is the proof hiding?
HabibUrrehman

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 08:33 am
@coldjoint,
You appeared to be among those who never interacted with any Muslim ( you have admitted that yourself previously) and actually never read the Quran at your own and I will not be surprised if this will be your first time to read some of well known verses and hadiths below which clearly shows Islam is a religion of peace.

Some verses of Quran:

Quote:
"Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors." (Quran 2:190)

Quote:
“If they refrain, then GOD is Forgiver, Most Merciful. [2:192]”

Quote:
“You may also fight them to eliminate oppression, and to worship GOD freely. If they refrain, you shall not aggress; aggression is permitted only against the aggressors.” [2:193]

Quote:
"And spend in the way of Allah and do not throw [yourselves] with your [own] hands into destruction [by refraining]. And do good; indeed, Allah loves the doers of good." (Quran 2:195)

Quote:
“There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned.” [2/ 256]

Quote:
"And they offer food to the needy, the orphan and the captive. [Saying] "We feed you for the sake of Allah alone; we wish for neither reward nor gratitude from you.'" (Quran 76:8-9)

Below are some Hadiths from Prophet Muhammad PBUH:

Quote:
"You will not enter Paradise until you believe and you will not believe until you love each other. Shall I show you something that, if you did, you would love each other? Spread peace among yourselves." (Sahih Bukhari)

Quote:
"Shall I inform you of something that holds a higher status than fasting, praying, and giving charity? Making peace between people, for verily sowing dissension between people is indeed calamitous." (Kenzul Ummal)

Quote:
“The most hated person in the sight of Allah is the most quarrelsome person.” (Sahih Bukhari)

Read at your own and interact with Muslims before you start hating them for no reason.

Peace.

coldjoint

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 11:40 am
@HabibUrrehman,
Your first verse 2:190 has been abrogated. It means nothing now. Your second has also been abrogated and replaced by the verse of the Sword.

The verse of the Sword abrogates a lot of verses and 2:256 (another verse you used) is one of them.

Verse 2:195 is meant for Muslims only, so it also means ****.
As far as your Hadith verses they are also meant for believers which does 0 for the non-Muslim.

There are 109 violent verses you have again tried to lie and again have proven nothing but lying is the only way to make Islam acceptable to Western civilization.

Islam is a supremacist, violent, intolerant religion and its words say it is. There is no denying it. And the obligations and commands to adherents means there will never be peace as long as Islam exists. End of story.
HabibUrrehman

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 11:56 am
@coldjoint,
You just proved the point I made earlier. You want to read, watch, listen and spread hate about Islam at all cost and rejecting all proofs even if they are as clear as day light. Who told you these verses are abrogated? Just because these verses don't fit your agenda, you call these abrogated? You think Muslims scholars who spend their life time in studying and understanding Quran are lying and you with a magic can understand Islam by 2 minutes of google search. Why do you go to a doctor to get a medicine when you can search online to find what medicine will work for you? After all you are such a genius?

Keep wasting your time. Islam has been around since beginning of human history and will keep spreading. By hating Islam you are only hurting yourself. People will remember Prophet Muhammad PBUH and will read Quran even 1,000 years after your death but guess what no one will remember you. In fact you will be reaping the reward of what you are sowing right now after your death.

Islam is the truth and your lies can't stop the truth. Keep trying.....
coldjoint

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 11:59 am
@HabibUrrehman,
Quote:
Just because these verses don't fit your agenda, you call these abrogated?

No there is a consensus that the verses are abrogated. You are lying again. Here is a link to them. Stop lying.
Quote:
Abrogated Verses Of the Quran
Evidence from Islamic Sources

https://answering-islam.org/Quran/abrogatedverses.html
coldjoint

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 12:11 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
Quote:
Islam has been around since beginning of human history and will keep spreading.

I see the 7th century is the beginning of human history. Your argument is now comical. Anything else?
HabibUrrehman

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 12:12 pm
@coldjoint,
I just gave you an example which went over your head as usual. You don't go to a Version store to ask if AT&T has a good service. The link you are providing is not from Islamic resources. I advised you before that interact with Muslims and ask any question you have from a Muslim scholar or go to a mosque to find out Why so many Muslims believe in Quran and are so peaceful.

But seems like you are not sincere to yourself and no one can help anyone who does not want to be helped.

Peace!
coldjoint

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 12:14 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
Quote:
The link you are providing is not from Islamic resources.

It uses Islamic sources. Plus going to Islamic sources about what we are talking about would be lies like the ones you are peddling.
HabibUrrehman

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 12:15 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Quote:
Islam has been around since beginning of human history and will keep spreading.

I see the 7th century is the beginning of human history. Your argument is now comical. Anything else?

This shows how much you understand Islam. Islam is not a religion started by Prophet Muhammad PBUH. It was the religion of all Prophet including Adam PBUH and hence Islam is as old as humanity.

Read the Quran at your own my friend. You only have one life to live and don't listen to those who spread hate. Be kind to yourself and do your own research.

All the best!
HabibUrrehman

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 12:16 pm
@coldjoint,
Islamic resources explained by Christian web site? Who are you kidding with?
coldjoint

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 12:18 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
Quote:
This shows how much you understand Islam. Islam is not a religion started by Prophet Muhammad PBUH. It was the religion of all Prophet including Adam PBUH and hence Islam is as old as humanity.

The Koran also says Adam was seventy foot tall. You are talking about Muhammad's plagiarism. I know about those lies. It is more than obvious what he did and the religion is all his idea, he said he completed it. He must have started it.
Quote:
don't listen to those who spread hate.

That is why I do not listen to you.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 12:21 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
Quote:
Islamic resources explained by Christian web site?

Islamic literature proves what they say. Buddhists could do the same.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 12:32 pm
Quote:
Apologists for Islam often quote this verse, and most Westerners, unfamiliar with the Koran and imagining that it must obey the same theological logic as the Christian Bible, assume that Islamic scripture mandates religious toleration toward non-Muslims. That assumption is inaccurate.

The Koran includes many abrogated verses, called mansukh, and abrogating verses, nasikh; the latter cancel the former, rendering them invalid, though they nevertheless remain in the Koran and are deceptively quoted, for Western consumption, as though they still represented genuine Islamic beliefs. Nasikh and mansukh are legion: Of the Koran's 114 suras (chapters), only 43 are without abrogated or abrogating verses. That is naturally surprising, and so unexpected that few Westerners are aware that significant segments of the Koran have been theologically annulled. Mohammed's non-Muslim contemporaries were just as surprised.

How does one know, when two verses are contradictory, which is abrogated and which is abrogating? It is a question of date: Later texts abrogate earlier texts whenever there are inconsistencies between them. The Koranic verses that teach tolerance and peace, in particular those that prohibit compulsion in religion, are among the earliest of Mohammed's many revelations and are thus liable to abrogation, whenever Allah felt the inclination to revoke his immutable word. Although Islam, unlike Judaism and Christianity, received its revelation from a single person within a short period of time, roughly twenty years, Mohammed was nonetheless able to impose upon his followers the implausible belief that the inerrant Muslim God had routinely changed his mind.

http://library.flawlesslogic.com/verses.htm