In salad recipe, can I replace flat-leaf parsley by regular?

Swimpy

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 09:44 am
We had one in Madison last year. I think the pics are still in the gallery. I'll see if I can provide a link.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 09:45 am
Well, it appears I am not allowed into the gallery. Beth, can you get in?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 09:47 am
The gallery has been down for some time, but I might be able to post a link to an album at another site where I have some pix.

hmmmmmm, I'll check the thread first.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 09:57 am
ohmigosh

start reading here for a smile-making flashback

http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=405177#405177

(there's a nice pic of the side of Swimpy's face toward the end of the thread)

now off to find more pix
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 10:13 am
Awww, have been reading through. Gigantic hugs for the both of youse, it was really lovely to meet you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 10:19 am
I just added a pic of the peppermintboy, and I've added one of timber to my msn account so I can add it there as well. Seems setanta still Shocked hasn't downloaded his gorgeous pic of Soz. The gal's gonna have to remain a mystery!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 10:27 am
It sounds like you all had a wonderful time! Cyber friends are just as important as IRL friends and sometimes they can become the same. I have a different cyber group that I've been part of for two years. We're having a get together in October. I can't wait.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 10:38 am
It can be a marvellous experience. The reports of the latest NYC gathering in dag's "leaving today" thread are a great reminder.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 01:36 pm
(This one went unposted the other night ... before the weekend ...)

So, tonight, I was at the Turkish traiteur, getting some beef with mushrooms, fried veggies and bulgur and some baklava to go with it, and they were making this big pie, right - came straight out of the oven, looked delicious. I asked, whats in it, white cheese? Woman's all, yeah, cheese, and spinach ... oh, like a big spanakopita, I tried - but thats Greek, they dont know that ****. So she explained, its a little special also because its got this kind of special parsley - here, look at it, and she handed me a sturdy stalk of parsley. Its not the kind they use here, she explained, needlessly - its Turkish parsley! Oh, I went - is it, like, flat-leafed parsley? I think I needed that the other day, for a recipe, but I couldnt find it ... Yeah, its parsley with flat leaves, thats it! You dont have it here, but you just gotta to go to the Turkish store, and there you just ask for Turkish parsley, they've got it!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 01:42 pm
Ok, then! Oh, and the turkish place sounds good...
0 Replies