Reconciling Schrödinger's Cat with the Principle of Explosion

fresco

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 11:37 am
@Olivier5,
Okay.....here we go.....the obvious significant context is the demonstrable increase in carbon emissions and the consequent greenhouse effect...... But this game of semantic nitpicking is surely beneath someone of your abilities.
Glennn

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 11:44 am
@fresco,
Quote:
I reserve the right to ridicule him wherever and whenever I see fit.

Well, you're not the first poster to indulge in ad hominin attacks.

Also, I reserve the right to call you over to the appropriate thread to make your case instead of watching you throw stones from the bushes.

https://able2know.org/topic/414649-1#post-6507641
fresco

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 11:52 am
@Glennn,
I see The authority for 'my right' is based on respect for the relatives of gas chamber victims...a 'right' enshrined in the laws of some European countries.
Where does your 'authority' to oppose that come from ?
Glennn

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 12:01 pm
@fresco,
This isn't about authority. It's about your decision to ridicule someone about something in an inappropriate thread rather than debate it in the proper thread. That's all that's happening here.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 12:21 pm
@fresco,
No pal no...the nitpicking comes from your constant switching from classical to fuzzy logic at your own convenience. That should be beneath you. Oliver makes the fairest of points given your track record on the forum!
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 12:22 pm
@Glennn,
Wrong. This is an appropriate thread.
A service to any thread involving 'scientific discussion' is rendered by the exposure of a charlatan. That 'service' is even more justified when the nature of
that exposure also involves publicising the abhorrent views of someone who would have been banned on other forums.
Over the many years I have contributed to A2K, such posters have never lasted long because of the barrage of opposition from decent members. I am just standing by that honourable tradition in the absence of now 'absent friends'.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 01:11 pm
@fresco,
Second consecutive post I upvote from you...please stop making sense and get back to our old topics! You are forcing my hand and I don't like it! Very Happy
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 01:45 pm
@fresco,
Quote:
This is an appropriate thread.

For ad hominin attacks? Wrong. You're having an emotional reaction to someone and something you can't change.
Quote:
A service to any thread involving 'scientific discussion' is rendered by the exposure of a charlatan.

No. That's not a service. That's called stalking.
fresco

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 02:24 pm
@Glennn,
No I am not stalking this character. He is infesting the threads on which I am already engaged. And what response do you think is appropriate to denial of industrial ethnic clensing if not an emotional one ?
NB If you think this is ineffective as regards forum presence, wait and see!
Glennn

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 02:42 pm
@fresco,
Quote:
No I am not stalking this character. He is infesting the threads on which I am already engaged.

I'm afraid he has as much a right to post in this thread as you do. Your response to this poster is to taunt him by injecting an insult into your post which is derived from a different and unrelated thread. It's an ad hominin attack.
Quote:
And what response do you think is appropriate to denial of industrial ethnic clensing if not an emotional one?

Concerning the gas chamber issue, I've already told you what the alternative response is and where to go to express it. If emotion prohibits you from doing so, I understand.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 05:37 pm
@fresco,
I'm trying to help you see how your philosophical position helps climate change deniers. The debasing of truth leads to the spreading of lies. Not that you are personally responsible of course, but it's that thesis that ushered in these post-truth times.
fresco

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2017 01:14 am
@Olivier5,
My philosophical position does affect the natural disposition of humans to interpret 'evidence' according to their vested interests, nor for those with power to cash in on that disposition.
fresco

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2017 01:36 am
@Glennn,
Emotion does not prohibit anything. My intention is to stop the pollution spreading to my choice of threads, in the absence of a banning policy. And thankyou for stringing this out by the way. Every exchange between us hopefully adds to the nails in his coffin.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2017 01:38 am
@fresco,
Is that "true" though, or only "contextually true" ie self-serving?
fresco

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2017 01:50 am
@Olivier5,
Its 'true' in the context of conversations between some intellectuals like us capable of taking an overview. 'Philosophy' wbich questions lay concepts of 'reality' are unlikely to prove popular, relative to those which promote a parochial version of 'dependable reality' such as religions, or ideological political regimes.
Glennn

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2017 08:33 am
@fresco,
Quote:
Emotion does not prohibit anything.

And yet it has.
Quote:
My intention is to stop the pollution spreading to my choice of threads
Quote:
Did you use ZycloneB like the SS. ?

Your intention is clear. It's a matter of record.
Quote:
Every exchange between us hopefully adds to the nails in his coffin.

That is a flawed assessment. Until you open that coffin, you don't know who is in it.
fresco

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2017 10:29 am
@Glennn,
No problem. All insensitive cretins are welcome to a place in the coffin. They at least get a coffin rather than a mass grave or the furnace.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2017 10:54 am
@fresco,
Seems to me that the only function of your 'philosophy' is to provide you with a sense of superiority compared to 'non intellectuals'... It's a frequent abuse of philosophy in academic circles but it doesn't make it right. However, it does explain why you keep contradicting yourself on this message board: making sense has never been your aim; confusing 'lay people' is.
fresco

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2017 11:10 am
@Olivier5,
Smile Far be it from me to to argue with 'what it seems' to you !
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2017 11:21 am
@fresco,
Quote:
They at least get a coffin rather than a mass grave or the furnace.

I thought I offered you a place where you could test your beliefs concerning such things. Perhaps you missed it.

https://able2know.org/topic/414649-1#post-6507641