Knock-down, drag-out brawls with siblings--the good old days

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 01:20 pm
Remember the good old days when you were young and you and your brother or sister would just beat the living hell out of each other at the drop of a hat?

I remember one of the last fights I ever really had with my brother. I was probably fourteen or so, and he was thirteen or so. I don't remember why we were fighting, but we were really going at it, punching, choking, etc...somehow he ended up falling backwards on the bed, with his legs sticking straight up and spread out like a big "V". I saw my opportunity. I jumped up and just STOMPED on his balls with all my weight. He immediately curled up into a ball, moaning in pure agony.

That's how these fights went though. We would just be fighting without any thought of how badly either of us could get hurt, and then when one of us was either crying or bleeding, the other would immediately feel horrible about it and begin apologizing profusely. Luckily, my brother was allright, and there was no permanent damage (he's even had three healthy kids), but it's a wonder neither of us killed each other back then.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,434 • Replies: 21
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 01:21 pm
You're really homesick, aren't you?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 01:22 pm
Of course I am! Nothing wrong with that, is there?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 01:26 pm
Not a darn thing.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 01:34 pm
I hit my sister in the face with a roller-skate. We were fighting over it, pulling and tugging at it. I just let go, knowing it would smash into her face.

I was the nice one!

Okay okay I was the beeyatch, they all hated me.

We do laugh over the time I bit a chunk out of (another) sisters shoulder, or when I hit one of them over the head with a frying pan.

That's mild stuff, right?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 01:44 pm
Haha! I think that would rank pretty much right in the normal range, but I'm not sure.

I knew a guy once who told me that when he was a kid, he ended up jamming a fork into his brother's forehead during a fight. I think that is probably a little bit extreme.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 01:56 pm
I was 10 and my older brother who was 14, got mad at me and was chasing me through the house. As I left one particular room, I grabbed the door to close it behind me. However, in the process of him chasing me, he ran into the edge of the door and busted his lip open. It swelled up almost as big as a footballÂ…I'm still lucky I'm not dead.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 04:56 pm
Heehee, I love it!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 05:05 pm
My sisters were the fighters in my family.

I remember when sister 1 threw a baseball (not a softball) at sister 2 and when the ball finally fell away (this was a real slo-mo moment) you could even see the ball's stitches embedded in sister 2's face. She ended up with a terrific shiner.

Sister 1 immediately began to cry swearing that she had only meant to hit sister 2 in the back of the head (which probably would have killed her).

No wonder I'm such a pacifist.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 05:11 pm
Girls were the worst! I used to fight with my cousin all the time, and she would go right for the eyes immediately. After a battle with her, I always ended up bleeding and she always ended up with a handful of my freshly-ripped out hair in her hand.

One night my brother and I were sleeping over, and while my aunt was downstairs entertaining the preacher from their church, we were up in the bedroom swearing and trying to kill each other for hours. I wonder what that preacher was thinking.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 05:20 pm
Very Happy

I was an only one, so all this was foreign territory for me

I had a Maltese friend when I lived in Malta, who was one of 9 siblings. I can well remember her asking her sisters if they'd borrowed her brand new bra - they looked innocent and said 'no' - she pinned the guilty member up against the wall and pulled her t shirt up and - sure enough Vicki was wearing it! Unthinkable to an only one.

and believe me NO only one's aren't spoilt - they get to dry all the dishes and their parents have much more time to know exactly where they are or what time they go to bed etc - no other kids to wear down the boundaries
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 05:23 pm
My sister and I got on very well, by and large - I cannot ever remember us fighting physically - but - as, when I was little, I was younger and had to go to bed a half hour earlier, and my parents insisted we kiss good night - AND we NEVER told on each other (code of honour) I would have to watch her working up a damn good spit as I kissed my mum and dad - knowing she would lay it on my cheek when she kissed me - and that I would not be able to protest, or show my parents.

Man, she was a pretty angelic kid (I was the bad one) but she really enjoyed that.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 05:55 pm
I'm in dlowans small small group. Nine siblings and we never physically fought. We kissed each other good night, too. Looked out for each other, didn't tattle, etc.

The worst for any of us was when we had to share a piece of candy or a soda with Melody. (#5) She had learned that if she licked the whole candy bar or backwashed in the soda she could get the rest of it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:17 pm
I love this thread. We all fought physically. We're 4 siblings space a total of 5.5 years apart. My brother blocked my older sister when she tried to kick him and she broke her toe on the soul of his shoe. My little sister bit my nipple so hard it bled (we were prolly 4 and 5 years old). My little sister and I would get into raging cat fights where we'd pull hair and wrestle only to end up in tears, feeling terribly about it.

The worst story though was one where my older sister almost died. She was chasing my little sister around the house, lil sis ran out of the storm door (like a screen door, but with glass panels). Big sis tried to push the door open on her way out, but the door had latched and she went through the glass pane. She sliced her neck in two places. Nasty.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:37 pm
My one and only brother Harry is 4.5 years older than I, and we also fought physically - that is when I couldn't outran him.

One time, when he was running after me again, I got into
my father's car and locked all the doors. It was a little
convertible and luckily for me, the top was on. Harry was
banging on the windows and I got frightened and crawled into the back seat hiding. In the rear there was a small plastic window where my brother then put his face to look for me.
His nose was squished onto the window and I took the
opportunity and pushed my fist right into his nose.

My fist had such an impact that the plastic window came
flying off, Harry's nose was bleeding and he cried bloody
murder.

I got grounded for a while, but Harry treated me
differently for a short period thereafter.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 11:02 pm
littlek wrote:
...She sliced her neck in two places. Nasty.

Shocked Holy sh*t!

This thread made me laugh so hard!
I've got quite a few remarkable scars as reminders too... hehehe Good stuff!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:33 am
dlowan your story made me laugh. My older sister was like that too except, instead of not telling on each other, she would dare me to do stuff, I would be in the middle of it, and she would tell on me.

She once dared me to climb over the bannister (at the top of the stairs) and dangle there. I was probably about 5. I, who couldn't resist a dare, did it, not having any clue how I was going to get back. So I am dangling over the side wondering what to do next when my angelic-sis goes and gets my mom, doing her 'sugar wouldn't melt' voice - "Mommy Hxxxxx is scaring me, look at what she's doing". Of course my mom came out, made me drop so she could catch me and then reddened my ass so I couldn't sit for two days.

Did I learn? No. Next time sis dared me to do something, I did it!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:16 pm
I was (am) the youngest of 4 all 4 years apart in age. Three girls, one boy. All of us fought bitterly with the middle girl who was a classic middle child.

Two fights come to mind. She was pregnant both times and I was the only one still living at home.

The first time she went into a rage about whatever it was and started screaming and swinging. My mother jumped into the middle of the brawl and sis clawed mom across the face as she swung to get me - that was the end of that one.

The second one was another pregnant rage because her husband was sleeping on the living room floor and I was making too much noise. So, why wasn't he in bed like a normal person? She started wagging a screw driver in my face, ranting on about how I was going to wake him up, which is exactly what she did of course. I saw the screw driver coming closer and I knocked her arm away. Then she went really nuts and lunged at me. I don't think I could do it again if I tried but I somehow managed to get my arm around her neck and flip her onto the ground with me on top of her. I wouldn't get up because I knew she'd kill me if I did. My father told my brother to break us up but he wasn't having anything to do with it. Finally my brother held her down while my boyfriend pulled me off then my brother pulled her up and kept her off of me until she calmed down.

Sis had a third pregancy but I managed to stay out of her site for the entire nine months.

Gee, those were the good 'ol days weren't they? Geesh.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:22 pm
JB, did you take that show on Jerry Springer? I may have seen you.

My sister is 3 years older than me, so when we were little she could beat me up. Nothing more than pinching and scratching, bitch stuff.

However, tables have turned. Over Xmas weekend she fetched me the wrong kind of beer and I gave her the beat-down of her life. Nana was laughing and joined in on the fun, of course after making out with my cousin.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:33 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
JB, did you take that show on Jerry Springer? I may have seen you.

Laughing And my kids wonder why I never let them fight it out. To0 many bad memories. So now they probably have a ton of suppressed rage and will spend a fortune in therapy. I'll send my sister the bill.
0 Replies