Support Our Troops!

SCoates

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 03:33 pm
What does this phrase mean? Does it mean, "Support the governments decision to send out the troops." Or perhaps, "Pray for our troops."

Is there some other meaning I'm missing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 982 • Replies: 5
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 03:38 pm
Let them know by words and actions that we appreciate their service and sacrifice whether we agree with the orders they have received from their leaders or not....see to it they receive the best and most affordable healthcare available should their service put them in need of it.......let our leaders know that we will not tolerate them being put into harms way without a damn good and easily proven reason.... there's a start....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 03:38 pm
It means different things to different people. What does it mean to you?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 03:45 pm
It gives me the feeling of "with our thoughts." But that doesn't really do a lot of good.

I just don't see that there's really anything I can do to support them, but the slogan is all over.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 03:50 pm
I think, just as an extra special treat...if you support both our troops AND the war and you have a daughter you should have her service these boys before they go overseas....a damn fine gesture they'll appreciate....
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 04:33 pm
On the lame-o scale this rates at about 2.3:

http://www.uso.org/pubs/uploads/band2withUSOlogo_lowres_lrg.jpg
Quote:
Suitably camouflage-green in color, the wristband is embossed with "Support Our Troops" on one side and "USO" on the other. They are currently rolling out to participating 7-Eleven stores nationwide and will be available exclusively at those 7-Eleven stores while supplies last.

source
0 Replies