This Could Be Interesting News

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:27 pm
squinney wrote:
I remember Lash bringing up the medical device and thought it possible. Not sure I buy into the "Bush on the Couch" stuff, but if it is a medical device it would explain the pretzel, scooter and bike incidents.

Also, not sure I remember where I saw it now, but a few days ago there was a clip of Bush at a press conference and he, mid sentence, looked down and mumbled something into his tie.

Anyone know about that? Would be interested in knowing if he adjusted his tie or tucked his coat or anything as he did it.

I think "Bush on the Couch" is outrageous.

I mean - I guess it does no real harm to speculate a bit in a semi-or-misinformed (as anyone not actually intimate with the man - or treating him can only be) way privately - or in an obviously speculative mode publicly - but to use the notoriously imprecise tools of psychoanalysis on someone you do not know intimately (when ethics would forbid you to say anything identifiable about Bush - or anyone else) and to WRITE a BOOK about him - purportedly in an expert way - well, words fail me.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:31 pm
Oh, I agree. Wouldn't take it seriously. I'm sure the author had a nice Christmas, though... And, THAT was likely the only point of the book.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:31 pm
I'm not a Bush fan but I have some empathy for clumsiness in general. The box and cord are pretty apparent in those photos, as we've discussed before, and the medical explanation does makes sense, re defibrillation equipment. The rest of the medical conjecture seems a little built up to me, but could be true.

Reminds me though of a relative of mine who is an expert about a certain mental dysfunction. She tends to look at peoples' behavior through a kind of biochemical dysfunction prism. She may be right, and I too look at biochemistry for explanations of behaviors - but not all day every day.

Maybe he was just gathering his thoughts.

Edit to say I haven't seen the link, it doesn't work for me.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:41 pm
It was VERY brief. I think he had mebbe lost his thread for a moment.

If he didn't have an autocue that he was reading from, I think he was unusually fluent and mistake-free, for him.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 02:40 am
relax guys...

it's only the reciever for the remote control. like on those little cars and miniature airplanes...

cheney has the transmitter, complete with joy stick.

or is it more like "rock 'em, sock 'em robots" ?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:08 am
Whether it is a medical devise a flack jacket or who knows what. The fact remains that unfortunately we and the rest of the world is stuck with Bush for the next four years. The described ailment can be controlled. Now if only Bush could be.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 03:45 pm
au1929 wrote:
Whether it is a medical devise a flack jacket or who knows what. The fact remains that unfortunately we and the rest of the world is stuck with Bush for the next four years. The described ailment can be controlled. Now if only Bush could be.

hmmm...

hey! i've got an idea... the 48%ers could give him a mandate!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 04:00 pm
As far as he is concerned the 48% do not exist. They may just as well be on Mars.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 04:36 pm
au1929 wrote:
As far as he is concerned the 48% do not exist. They may just as well be on Mars.

too bad for him. on a few topics, the 48% has already risen above 50%.

should be a real humdinger of an anauguration. and i'm so glad that he isn't diverting the big bucks for the extravaganza to something less important.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 04:52 pm
He never saw a photo op. he did not like. I understand he will be coming in dressed as Moses. Tablets from God and all.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 05:07 pm
au1929 wrote:
He never saw a photo op. he did not like. I understand he will be coming in dressed as Moses. Tablets from God and all.

what??? he passed on "the burning bush" ?!?!
0 Replies