cartoons of your era

Seed

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 06:49 pm
So I dont know if it's because im a child at heart or if its because i just like cartoons. But I love to sit down and watch cartoon network when they show the older cartoons from my childhood. though they sometimes seem a bit cheesie i still love them.

My favorites from back in the day:
Thundercats
He-Man
Dino-Riders
Centurians (sping?)
VOL-TRON (my big favorite)
Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles
GI Joe (of course)

now thats just a small list of my favorites... but the list goes on and on. What are some of you guys favorites?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,341 • Replies: 59
No top replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 07:02 pm
My brother used to always watch the Thundercats. Gawwwd I hated that cartoon. (Probably because he liked it!) Laughing

My MOST fav was She-Ra!

Used to watch Alf all the time too.
Scooby Do
Pound Puppies
Garfield

You know.......all the really girly ones :wink:
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 07:05 pm
oo good ones.. i used to watch She_Ra and my mom tried tot ell me that her and He-Man were married... that used to make me something mad... she would just walk off laughing...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 07:32 pm
Hmmm the cartoons of my era aren't really my faves. I come from the era of Speedy Gonzalez (watch that stuff now, and you'll cringe at how racist it all is), plus Scooby Doo. But there was also, ah, Josie & The Pussycats (I wanted to be Melody, even though Josie was the smart one). There were also things like Wacky Races with the immortal Penelope Pitstop. Plus there was HR Pufnstuf, which was techically live action plus puppets but it was such an acid trip I suppose it can more or less count as a cartoon.

I like more recent stuff, Beavis, Animaniacs, Courage, that kind of thing, though to see HR Pufnstuf again would be kinda cool.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 08:47 pm
Old school here. Disney's Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, that whole crew. Then you had Warner Bros. Bugs Bunny, Roadrunner, Elmer Fudd, and that southern chicken, Foghorn Leghorn or something like that. I could never get his name right but damn he was a funny bird. Last but not least, there was Hanna Barbera's Flintstones and The Jetsons.
Loved them all. Every last one of them. I can remember as a kid going to bed early on Friday nights so I could get up early Saturday and catch as many cartoons as possible before noon.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 08:50 pm
yea foghorn leghorn would be the name of that southern chicken.... those are great... but its just something about the action in the ones from the 80's... i dont know...

i would get up at like 5:30 on saturdays for cartoons.. though it meant a 1200 or 1 o'clock nap for me...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 08:56 pm
We'd get dressed afterwards and go outside to play. It was the 60's.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 08:58 pm
fond memories of me sitting infront of a glowing tv cereal bowl in lap, eyes transfix upon transformers or something to that nature...

(cartoons is the reason i learned to fix my own cereal as a little boy)
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 09:08 pm
LOL, Captain Crunch or Fruity Pebbles?

I loved Foghorn Leghorn, Slyvester & Tweety, loved Fat Albert, Scooby Doo...Still like the older cartoons for my kids. I have bought them a bunch of cd's with the old black and white cartoons on them. They seem to love them too......
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 09:11 pm
Life... i love me some life cereal.. mmm mmm good Smile
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 09:13 pm
That's funny! At about seven or eight yrs.old, Moms allowed me to boil water on my own and I got into a tea and toast thing. That was my Saturday morning meal for awhile.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 10:03 pm
I would rather have done without breakfast. My mother made it her weekend ritual to make us kids eat a full breakfast. I despise eggs to this day... Sad
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 10:58 pm
We got the big breakfast on Sundays. Eggs, bacon, sausage patties, Grits Surprise (with cheese). My mother worked M-F so when we got the full blownout breakfast, it was a treat.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 11:51 pm
I lived for Rocky and Bullwinkle.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 12:16 am
Oh yeah. Rocky, Bullwinkle, Boris and Natasha. Who remembers Fractured Fairy Tales? Mr. Peabody and Sherman? Garfield Goose? Clutch Cargo? That one was animated but the mouths were real and it was kind of creepy looking. My brother used to have nightmares about them and one night he screamed "those mouths! Those goddamned mouths!" Of course, our parents didn't have a clue what he was screaming about but I knew and the next morning, getting ready for school, I teased him, laughing at his torment, and I got into trouble. Moms thought that I was the most meanspirited little girl in the world.

Here's one. Not a cartoon tho'. Does anyone remember "Journey to the Beginning of Time?" It was an episodic story of a group of kids who went back in time and experienced the prehistoric age, amongst other things. It was shown in "parts" and there must have been over 50 parts and went on for a few months. It spurred my fascination in dinosaurs as a child and I anxiously awaited it's yearly showing.
0 Replies

twistedude

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 04:30 pm
my favorite was that Hercules cartoon....very grainy and used alot of stock footage, but man, I couldnt get enough of it!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:23 pm
My brother used to shout out Hurtyourknees!

And Clutch Cargo...spooky mouth action
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:32 pm
I loved Rocky and Bullwinkle's "Aesop's Fables"...they were a bit twisted around from their original meanings.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:53 pm
My all time favorites are the cartoonamentaries - cars of the future, houses of the future that kind of stuff -- they are done like little documentaries. Hilarious.

When I was really little I loved Felix the Cat, Heckle and Jeckle, Little Audrey, Baby Huey, Adam Ant, I think I'm the only person who remembers Benny and Cecil.

When I was a little older I loved Underdog, Yogi Bear, Deputy Dawg, Huckleberry Hound (I think those last two were on Yogi and Friends),

Land of the Lost was killer.

I recently bought Mo the first two seasons of Pee Wee's Playhouse and each week they have the King of Cartoons who plays a bit of a really old cartoon. They are amazing! Mo goes to bed and I fast forward to the King of Cartoon bits. Lovely.

I loved Pee Wee's Playhouse and watching them again now I really love the fact that there aren't a million product tie ins - there aren't any product tie ins!

Mo is totally grooving on Pee Wee.

What a great kid.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:58 pm
Boomerang, I remember Beany and Cecil from the 60's. It was revived again in the 80's.
http://www.80scartoons.net/images/b/beanycecil.jpg
0 Replies