Cute christmas stories of our children

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:19 am
It is the time of year that our kids are going to do some really cute, loving , silly things. Lets share them here. :-)

My little girl has been able to 'open' a gift already. We took one of her toys that she already has and wrapped it in silver paper and gave it to her.
Of course, all she wants to do is shred paper. So we sat her down, and let her tare away. After about 10 mintues of just shredding and shredding ... she finally pays attention to the toy that was inside the paper. We wrapped up her little cellphone.
She procedes to grab the phone and try to shred it too. With all her might, she is pulling and pulling. She falls over backwards with one big tug and just screams. Crying like she was hurt. Dad jumps and picks her up and tries to hug her but she doesnt want it.
He sits her back on the floor and she again.. tries and tries to shred the phone.
Finally giving up she looks at dad.. smiles.. and JUST SCREAMS bloody murder! Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,028 • Replies: 21
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:39 am
Aw.

My favorite Christmas story is my daughter's first -- she was barely a month old. I was holding her and rocking her to sleep, successfully, while watching something on TV -- she kept waking up if I sat down, so I just stood there for a long time, kind of barely dancing. The TV was on and the lights on the Christmas tree were on but that was all. I looked down to check on her, expecting that she was still asleep, and she was gazing up at me with a grin that suffused her entire face with joy. It was her first real smile, and it was incredibly moving. She just smiled and smiled and smiled at me, and of course I smiled back -- that was one of the first times that I felt I connected with her as her own little person, and there was just so much love.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 12:47 pm
Not Christmas related, but still funny.

One year just before Easter my younger daughter asked her mother if we were going to make "killed eggs" that year.

After some thought, the wife realized she meant "dyed eggs". Smile
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 12:50 pm
That's a sweet story, soz. Nothing like that first smile to make it seem worth it.

This isn't a christmas story, but it's one I want to tell. My little boy has just learned somewhere that insects have 6 legs. Last night, while I sat braiding my daughter's hair, he sat with us counting the legs on a pile of toy bugs. "1-2-3-4-5-6, mom, this is an insect!" After a few minutes, he ran out of bugs, so he started counting his sister's braids. "1-2-3-4-5-6, MOM! Ducklet's and INSECT!"

Warm's my heart. Of course, that would explain a lot about her personality.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 12:50 pm
Cute, cjhsa.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 12:54 pm
killed eggs. Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 01:03 pm
Awwww soz.
that was the best present a mother could ask for.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 01:12 pm
I'm waiting in line at a store last weekend, I look down at my two year old who is gripping something tightly in her little fists. Of course being a concerned mom, I take her hand to see what she has; a handful of small pebbles. She smiles at me and says, "Rocks!" I then ask her what she would want for Christmas, she answers, "Rocks." While my list is easy, Rocks and an Elmo lollipop! She has been asking for an Elmo lollipop for Christmas for weeks.

Oh to be two and be satisfied with rocks and a lollipop!
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 01:37 pm
...referring to our nativity set as "Baby Jesus action figures."
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 01:41 pm
ok, this was me (as I have no kids yet) but it's classic kid.

It was Christmas Eve and at this point of my life, I was becoming suspicious that Santa did not really exist. So I waited until I heard my parents go to bed. Then I quietly slipped out of my room and saw, to my horror, my parents had left their bedroom door open (they must have suspected me...) I didn't want them to wake up as I closed the door so I formulated a plan. I lay down on the floor, stuck my tiny fingers under the door and began to pull it shut. My dad must have been awake this whole time trying not to laugh because he said "What are you doing?" Ever the quick thinking child I said "Going to the bathroom." Yeah. I'm sure he believed that since I was lying on the floor.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:09 pm
hahahaha!!!!!!
that is funny
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 03:48 pm
Shewolf, If I recall your daughter is about one month younger than mine. So, one month ago my daughter did the following: clapping on hearing the word "clap", shaking her head "no" on hearing the word, waving goodbye when leaving the room, and saying "kitty." How does your daughter stand up?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 03:51 pm
My youngest daughter is 5'2" tall, 100 pounds, all muscle, and will kick your kids ass on and off the soccer field. Wink I think she stands up pretty well.

http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0RgBpG!UVDBmyMDWfjxYXvmXB93jUPh6t6yPjX5EmThtM1*Y0vWokihPMLXa90YX7YMMYdLGngC1gd4dXqVdaSpfijq5fYZ0qSwD5rQtVBPk/soccer.jpg

This is the source of the "dyed eggs" comment.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 03:57 pm
>gasp<

my daughter is reciting poerty by Frost. ;-)

she is saying the mama dada stuff. Standing with her hands on the wall and sort of inching around the room....
more like.. balancing , loosing balance, falling, standing in a new place a few feet away from where she started. That is how she -walks- It is cute! She does the ' no' head shake but I dont think she has a real concept behind it yet. It sure is cute!
when did your daughter start doing the clapping??
THAT has to be precious!!!!

( i had to edit this post...
instead of writting Frost, I wrote .. Snow. Laughing )
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 04:06 pm
when Seth cub was young...like toddler young...he was called up to the front of the church on Christmas Eve, you know how they do the kids in some churches....and while the minister was talking to them, he, (recently potty trained) undid his Osh Koshs' pulled them up and announced "Look! Big boy pants! Just like Daddy!"

Ten minutes later, during the singing of a hymn he uinzipped squinneys dress from neck to waist in one clean zip and out came the big uns.

A Christmas we'll not soon forget. I thought I was going to piss myself.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 04:07 pm
Got pics BP? Smile
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 04:10 pm
of the big uns? Oh yes...but private stock...or pay the membership fee....
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 04:15 pm
Walking with her hands on the wall? My daughter is walking on her hands away from the wall.

She actually started at about 9 months, but now, at 11 months she has gotten tired of it, and won't do it anymore.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 04:56 pm
This happened last weekend... we were at a party and I asked a sweet little 4-year-old girl I know what she wanted for Christmas. She looked me straight in the eye and said "I want material things."

Omigod, I thought, her parents are sure to be upset about this. Material things are far from their idea of a good Christmas -- they're more into spiritual things and asking for World Peace, if you know what I mean.

So I asked, "What kinds of material things are you hoping for?"

"Oh, you know," she said, "Things for making clothes, stuff like that."

Whew... a big sigh of relief and a new story for Christmas.

Love these stories, good idea shewolf!

("Baby Jesus action-figures"... a tale soon to be shared. Very Happy)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 06:53 pm
Right now, I only can think of a christmas church story...

I'm not really a church goer, but on christmas I think
it is appropriate. When my daughter was around 4 years old,
we went to the evening mass on christmas eve.

15 minutes into the mass, I felt it was enough time spent
there and whispered to little Jane, that we would be going
now. She didn't want to, so I just took her arm and proceeded to the exit, as she was screaming at the top of her lungs : "I don't wana go. They're not finished yet. I wanna stay."

Everyone turned around to look at us, the priest stopped
talking and I could feel all eyes penetrating my back as I
rushed out of church with a screaming child.....
0 Replies