Is The Bourne Legacy superior to the rest of the franchise?

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 07:22 am
What are your views on the Bourne films, especially the lone horse The Bourne Legacy?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 7,397 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 11:39 pm
@Thomas33,
I just got home from watching the latest 2016 Jason Bourne movie. Personally I think the latest 2016 Jason Bourne was the worse one out of the five Bourne movies. The Bourne Legacy movie was just okay, but nothing special. I feel that the first three Bourne movies were the best ones. That included Bourne Identity, Bourne Supremacy, and Bourne Ultimatum.
Thomas33

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 12:15 pm
@Real Music,
I saw The Conjuring 2 just a few days ago, and I've honestly been having trouble sleeping at night.
I personally think The Bourne Legacy is a standout in a good way; it has an elegant structure and cool characters (especially Ed Norton).

Of the original three films, which do you like the best?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 05:52 pm
@Thomas33,
Loved all the Bourne films. Haven't seen the last one.
http://bourne.wikia.com/wiki/Bourne_films
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 08:46 pm
@Thomas33,
I really enjoyed the first three Bourne movies. I don't know if you have seen all of the Bourne movies. If you haven't seen them all, I recommend you see them in the order that they were made, starting with Part 1 and ending with Part 5. The stories and plot lines are so much more enjoyable when you see how each of the movies connect and tie together. I've seen all of them. I personally would rate the Bourne movies from the best to the worst in this order. This is only my opinion.

Bourne Supremacy (Part 2) Excellent/Outstanding movie
Bourne Ultimatum (Part 3) Very Good movie
Bourne Identity (Part 1) Very Good movie
Bourne Legacy (Part 4) Good movie
Jason Bourne (Part 5) Average movie
Thomas33

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 02:28 pm
@Real Music,
I've seen many bits of the Matt Damon films, but I think the Jeremy Renner film has a better story; what I don't like is that Bourne's character has been messed up in the 5th film - making his father part of the CIA is akin to making Peter Parker's father linked to OsCorp.
Real Music

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 06:13 pm
@Thomas33,
Quote:
I've seen many bits of the Matt Damon films

You can never truly appreciate just how good the first three truly are, unless you have seen all three in their entirety. The first three movies writing and plots were far superior to the last two Bourne movies. Also the first three Bourne movies are the only ones that came from the Bourne novels/books. The last two Bourne movies were made up stories that had nothing to do with the books.

I seem to remember hearing that Matt Damon was asked to do the 4th movie (Bourne Legacy). I believe Damon had declined to do the Bourne Legacy movie. Not having Matt Damon to play the role of Jason Bourne in the Bourne Legacy movie, force the production to make up a brand new story that had nothing to do with the Bourne Legacy novel/book. Once they strayed away from the books, the stories and plots really suffered. In the first three movies, the writing was so much more clever. In the first three movies I really love how the movie was basically a chess game with Jason Bourne against the people trying to kill him. To watch this chess game played out with Bourne always being one or two moves ahead of the bad guys was ingenious and entertaining. Every time Bourne did something it was all part of his next move, that no one ever sees coming. Once the bad guys think they figured out what Bourne's plan or next move is going to be, he manipulates their actions like chess pieces. You cannot understand what I am talking about unless you have seen the first three movies. You have to watch all three movies from beginning to end. Also watch the first three movies in order.

It is very important that you watch these three movies in order.

http://www.jason-bourne-books.com/books.php

0 Replies