how/where do i learn how to defend myself?

kys0

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 03:27 pm
I'm a teenager, and I literally know nothing whatsoever about defending myself! I don't exactly want to be taking a white belt karate class with a bunch of 5-year-olds though.

I don't want to be a martial arts star or anything, but I want to be able to kick someone's ass when threatened, or if in trouble. I want to be able to protect a friend if someone is trying to kick their ass, and most definitely want to feel a lot more safe/secure than I am now.

The biggest problem is that I'm an absolute weakling. When my friend tried to teach me how to block, he practiced kicking and told me to block, but I failed, and when he kicked faster, I covered my face/head/specific areas, to which he punched (but didn't actually hit) my gut, because I left it open. Pretty much, when it came to it if someone was actually trying to hit me, and I used those blocking "skills", I would get my ass handed to me.

It's like whenever practice turns into full speed pressure, I die. In a hole. It feels like it's too late for me to develop these skills properly... I also just honestly don't know where to start. requesting help, I feel like a newb, so please help this potato newb.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,988 • Replies: 2

jespah

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 03:43 pm
@kys0,
Google adult self defense classes in your area.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 12:36 pm
@kys0,
Martial arts class doesn't help you much in aggressiveness, which is probably what you need to get into. Go out into the woods and beat the hell out of tree stumps and such. Control over yourself comes naturally.
0 Replies