1

what does this question mean?

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 12:53 am
Hello everyone. I'm writing essays for Rice University and I got some troubles understanding this requirement:
The quality of Rice's academic life and the Residential College System are heavily influenced by the unique life experiences and cultural traditions each student brings. What personal perspective would you contribute to life at Rice? (500 word limit)
My question is: Can I just share my personal experiences to the admission officer, which does not relate to cultural traditions? OR If I am required to write the essay containing the cultural tradition?
Thanks a lot for your help!

1  
Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 01:09 am
@LaurenCao,
LaurenCao wrote:

What personal perspective would you contribute to life at Rice?

This seems the essence of the assignment, and it doesn't look as though it needs to be from a cultural perspective.
LaurenCao

1  
Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 01:20 am
@roger,
Thank you very much Smile