Salavadore Dali must be writing the news

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:00 pm
Quote:
The American Conservative Union on Thursday announced it has tapped Sen. Zell Miller, D-Ga., to present the "Courage Under Fire" award to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth at the Conservative Political Action Conference's Feb. 18 banquet.

--------------------------

Quote:
After his notable blasting of John Kerry at the Republican National Convention--and his nearly notable offer to duel with MSNBC pundit and Hardball host Chris Matthews shortly thereafter--Senator Zell Miller (D-GA) has joined Fox News Channel as a contributor beginning next month, said Kevin Magee, vice president, programming.

-------------------------------

Quote:
Retiring Senator Zell Miller, a teacher not a lawyer, will join the government affairs practice of one of his home state's major law firms when he leaves his Senate position early next year.
According to a statement from the firm, his employer to be, McKenna Long And Aldridge, provides expertise to clients in such areas as tax policy, international trade, homeland security, health policy and higher education.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 410 • Replies: 6
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:18 pm
Reading the news anymore I feel like Alice when she's ten feet tall and I haven't done any drugs.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:37 pm
well Edgar this news reminds me of the song I posted a few days ago by J.J. Cale;
Money talks, it'll tell you a story
Money talks, says strange things
Money talks very loudly
You'd be surprised the friends you can buy with small change
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:40 pm
The novel, The Octopus by Frank Norris, set in the 1800s reminds me very much of the current state of affairs.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 07:00 pm
yeah really, I hadn't thought about Norris in years
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 07:14 pm
Norris. Never heard of him. Finding out all sorts of stuff here today.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 03:56 pm
Re: Salavadore Dali must be writing the news
dyslexia wrote:
Quote:
The American Conservative Union on Thursday announced it has tapped Sen. Zell Miller, D-Ga., to present the "Courage Under Fire" award to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth at the Conservative Political Action Conference's Feb. 18 banquet.

This one truly is The Disintegration of the Persistence of Memory.
0 Replies