You say they're friends but you've never met?

littlek

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:12 pm
Maybe because I watched the Warriors at too young an age?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:15 pm
Funny! It's not scary at all, littlek, really. Manhattan is completely clean and safe, for the most part. When I moved here, I was worried too, but I quickly realized that it is fine!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:17 pm
and plus NYC has a bad rep. crime wise...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:18 pm
Only thing that scares me about NYC is how much money I'll spend.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:19 pm
That too. Ok, I know I can take the Lucky Star bus from china town to china town for 20 bucks one way - the best way to get there, I think it's cheaper than the train (and faster). So, then what?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:20 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Only thing that scares me about NYC is how much money I'll spend.

if you dont have money you cant spend money
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:21 pm
Start drinking.
0 Replies

dyslexia

well l'k let me tell you a story, when we were there last, I was standing outside the hotel lobby waiting (smoking a cig)for the lady diane so we could walk around the corner of times square and meet the rest of the, umm a2k folks for dinner and this lady in a full length black leather coat steps up to me and sez" hi cowboy wanna sell me your hat?" So I sez "well no ma'am you see it's a Stetson and I would never sell it." So she walks off with kinda a puzzlement in her stature and the lady diane comes downstairs about then and sez to me "you freakin' idiot, she's a hooker" Well anyway , we went and had a nice dinner and then Frank does this big scene on the sidewalk but the cop there wanted to talk to me about moving to New Mexico so I forgot about frank and the hooker. So the moral of my story is NYC ain't so bad if you ignore all the weird ****.
0 Replies

ossobuco

I felt a certain weirdness meeting a2k people too - a mix of anticipation, worry (they won't like me, schniff!), surprise at myself meeting people from online, spliced with complete relaxation because I knew them, and then back again. Plus the rock star thing - I really wanted to meet everybody I did.

Well, I'm over it, it's not weird at all anymore.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:23 pm
littlek wrote:
That too. Ok, I know I can take the Lucky Star bus from china town to china town for 20 bucks one way - the best way to get there, I think it's cheaper than the train (and faster). So, then what?

Then you hop on the 6 train, which is a few blocks away on Houston, and you take it up to 59th street. I will meet you there, at a dirty little pub called the Subway Inn. You'll love it.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:25 pm
man looks like all you gotta do is step up to bat lk... they got it all planned out for you
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:26 pm
<don't stay at the 63rd Street Y>
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:27 pm
dyslexia wrote:
well l'k let me tell you a story, when we were there last, I was standing outside the hotel lobby waiting (smoking a cig)for the lady diane so we could walk around the corner of times square and meet the rest of the, umm a2k folks for dinner and this lady in a full length black leather coat steps up to me and sez" hi cowboy wanna sell me your hat?" So I sez "well no ma'am you see it's a Stetson and I would never sell it." So she walks off with kinda a puzzlement in her stature and the lady diane comes downstairs about then and sez to me "you freakin' idiot, she's a hooker" Well anyway , we went and had a nice dinner and then Frank does this big scene on the sidewalk but the cop there wanted to talk to me about moving to New Mexico so I forgot about frank and the hooker. So the moral of my story is NYC ain't so bad if you ignore all the weird ****.

Exactly. And if you are entertained by weird ****, it's even better!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:27 pm
ossobuco wrote:
<don't stay at the 63rd Street Y>

Do you have a story to share, osso?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:28 pm
Weird **** is good. Scary **** is bad. But, I look tough.

I just checked, Amtrack is $64 for a round trip ticket. I have family in Stanford, CT who I could stay with, if need be, for the night.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:33 pm
I did, I did, but it's way too long - Osso in New York, under original writing.

I'll skip to the chase and say a woman I met at the Whitney museum by asking directions across the park to the Y, told me forget that, that was her neighborhood, and I should check out the Empire hotel (I think it was), cheaper and better than the Y. It's right near Lincoln Center on Broadway. Plus, some online friends have found better hotel deals - online.

Wonder if Diane and Dys liked where they stayed..
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:34 pm
If you came to New York, littlek, I would offer you my couch, free of charge.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:38 pm
take the offer L'k, kicky is as impotent as any rockstar. (did I spell that right?)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:40 pm
No. It's spelled "important".
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:42 pm
really?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 08:26:33