You say they're friends but you've never met?

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 11:12 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Kicky, where do the women with loose morals hang out?

I'm not totally sure, because sadly I almost never seem to meet any of those women, but the lower East side might be a good starting point. Lots of really popular bars down there. Hot girls everywhere.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 11:16 pm
Seed wrote:
dive bars of NYC so i can impress kcky with my knowledge of said dives and there locations... oh and how to talk like a new yorker

I think I want to study the general layout of the city and it's parts and the subway system.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 11:18 pm
oh its fun to get lost... and then find your way
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 11:22 pm
There's a book about that..
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 11:23 pm
It's a grid, and you take cabs where you want to go...all I need to know.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 11:32 pm
can't afford cabs.

My housemate is driving me batty. Wtf is wrong with that girl....?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 11:38 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
My meeting with Kickycan

"We meet at Annie Moore's. Find it and be there at 7:30 sharp."

The words on the PM sounded like the angry bark of a bad dog, I didn't like the sound of it but luckily I had my speakers turned way down. I did an Internet search for Annie Moore's and found nothing, so I looked in my Zagat's, the compendium of all the better places to knock one back in the city, again zilch, so I called my friend Leo who was in town promoting a film of some sort.

"Annie's Moore's? Yeah, I know the joint, it's a rough place near the train station, it's run by this lower grade wise guy name of Kickycan."
"What kind of mob name is Kicky Can?"
"I don't know. I think they were trying something different the winter he was made, you know, give up with the Bananas and the Bull stuff. If you're going there to meet that guy, maybe I should send a few of my boys along with you."
"That's all right, " I said, " I can handle it."

I found the place alright and walked in the door at exactly 7:28 and at exactly 7:29 I picked myself up off the frozen sidewalk to find the face of the bouncer who had tossed me out the door about two inches from my nose.
"Alright," I said, "tell Kicky I got his message."
"Don't you recognize me, Joe? "

I took a good look at the mound of muscle in front of me, he had a sharp featured face without any visible scars, a strong chin and curly Adonis like hair piled up in kind of low rent pompadour. He grinned and covered the left side of his face with one massive hand.

It was Kickycan.

He swept me up with one arm and with the other pushed open the massive brass plated doors. "Annie!!" He bellowed, "a corner table with a couple of steaks and bring this guy whatever he wants to drink." He dropped me into a chair and stalked off.

I sat there wondering what I had gotten myself into when two women appeared at the table with plates, glasses and napkins. They were wearing the napkins. Introducing themselves as Ardella and Sue Saint Marie, they said that Kicky had told them to take care of me while he was gone to take care of some business. I replied that maybe I should be going, but the looks of their faces told me that that wasn't such a good idea. So I sat, had a couple of Johnny Walker Black's and about half of steak that must have been run over that morning by several eighteen wheelers.

Suddenly, someone smacked me on the back of my head, hard, I turned and in my face again was the Kick. He sat down and said "Let's talk."

Here's what we said :
"Is Frank as big a nut as I think he is?"
"Bigger"
"Who's hotter? Littlek or Paulaj?
"What do you care they are both out of your league."
"Is Gus real?"
"I'm Gus."

You'll have to decide for yourself which of us was asking the questions, right now I have to hitch a ride home with Sue Saint Marie.

Joe (not a word of this is made up.) Nation

He he he...this really is exactly how it happened. Except you forgot the part about your cool glass eye trick!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 03:46 am
I gotta think Joe's post over.

Actually, he's been known to exaggerate a story...and while this one seems fairly true to life (considering the kinda **** that goes down when he is on the scene)...ya never know with him.

Yep...I gotta think it over!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 05:33 am
Did I mention that KickyCan is a hottie?

Joe (Lost: left eyeball. If found, please call BR-549) Nation
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 11:06 am
lilK, I think Diane and I split cab fare once in NY. I know a bunch of us split cab fares in SF, routinely - we just zipped around the city, one or the other of three or four or five of us (yes, they let five of us in at once one time) picking up the fare on the meter as we flit around the town quickly. It all evened out and the fares weren't that bad to begin with.

Sometimes quicker than others.. there was that flying cab ride up and down the hills... wheeeeeeee!

(Plus we found NY very walkable. - I think I added up that I walked twelve miles my first two days, or maybe it was ten, but a lot.... and she and I took the bus and subway too. I was there six days, I think she was there about four.)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 11:58 am
ossobuco wrote:
lilK, I think Diane and I split cab fare once in NY. I know a bunch of us split cab fares in SF, routinely - we just zipped around the city, one or the other of three or four or five of us (yes, they let five of us in at once one time) picking up the fare on the meter as we flit around the town quickly. It all evened out and the fares weren't that bad to begin with.

Sometimes quicker than others.. there was that flying cab ride up and down the hills... wheeeeeeee!

(Plus we found NY very walkable. - I think I added up that I walked twelve miles my first two days, or maybe it was ten, but a lot.... and she and I took the bus and subway too. I was there six days, I think she was there about four.)

If you don't enjoy walking in the Big Apple...chances are you just don't enjoy walking.

I love it....and put in miles and miles of walking every trip.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 11:59 am
Well, t'was heaven to me....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 06:27 pm
I think I'd like to walk. Except if'n I want tocheck out myrelatives old neighborhood. I hear it's not a place I should go anymore. It's somewhere in Queens, I think.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:26 pm
Well, faretheewell, I must be gone and leave you for awhile,
I promise to return
if I go ten thousand miles.

Merry Christmas to all
Happy New Year

We're off to the Gulf coast for ten days or so.

Joe.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:58 pm
<nods faretheewell at Joe>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 09:03 pm
Just stopping in to say that my internet friends have become my best of friends. I love you guys, sniff sniff!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 09:04 pm
http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/froehlich/6987.gif Bye Joe!
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you too.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 09:05 pm
Have a great time Joe and happy holidays to all :-D
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 05:31 pm
lol
I read this and I don't know why but that line where you said Come and sit on a park bench in New York and talk a wile or some thing like that . Just sounded so cool lol I could imgaine sooo doing just that if I ever went to New york. So if by chance I get to be a friend of yours you can bet i would do that. And if not I think I just may go to New york and find a compleat stranger to chat with on a park bench cause it just sounds right lol.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 05:42 pm
Howdy DB, and the New York front gate is open so come on in. Tis a little bit different than Nevada but there's plenty to see and do. I would NOT recommend that you strike up a conversation with just anyone in Central Park, who knows you might have run into Frank on one of his walkabouts.?!?! Question

Let me know if you are ever coming by this way. I know where to eat cheap and I know where to eat good and I know where to eat good and cheap.

Joe( let me have another look at that map) Nation
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 01:03:38