You say they're friends but you've never met?

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 08:46 am
I missed a What Not to Wear special? I love kicky'n'all, but I missed Stacy and Clinton?

Damn.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 10:32 am
makemeshiver33 wrote:
Clamity Jane......does your first name start with an X? I had a friend in highschool that I haven't seen in years and hers started with an X...and no one could pronounce it either. lol

No makemeshiver, although I had a friend named Xenia.

Mine starts with a "G" and is pronounced with a hard "g" as in "goal",
however most people use the english version as in "general" -
so no one gets it right the first time (...or ever) Mr. Green
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 10:47 am
Ok, back to the original question. Does everyone know I did an archaeological dig in Southern Utah?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 10:52 am
This is really embarassing and I shouldn't even tell it but....I was once abducted by aliens and they refused to probe me.....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 10:55 am
An obscene phone caller hung up on me.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 11:12 am
ehBeth wrote:
An obscene phone caller hung up on me.

I had one call me collect......and I accepted the charges Twisted Evil .....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 11:25 am
lil k, did they make you put all the dirt back?

bear, tthen he hung up on you
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 11:29 am
We did put the dirt (and rocks) back.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 06:43 pm
What did you find, littlek?

Oh, and paulaj, thanks for the image of you as Mrs. spock, now when I meet you at Penn Station you'll be easy to pick up, er , pick out.

Re: New York, cockroachs and other places:
Some friends of mine were looking to buy a place near Sarasota, Florida. When they went to look at one place there was a large snake stretched out on the living room floor, the real estate agent, completely nonplussed said, "Most of the time those things just lay out by the pool." At another house the cockroachs were not only present, they were flying across the kitchen. "Oh, roaches," said my friend's wife, "No, no, no, my dear'', said the owner, " we do not have cockroachs in Florida, those are Palmetto Bugs." Rolling Eyes

xena is shauna, all this time I have been pronouncing Xena the Warrior Princess as zeena, i'm wrong??

Joe (Step on that thing before it flys away!) Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 07:01 pm
ebeth:
Quote:
I missed a What Not to Wear special? I love kicky'n'all, but I missed Stacy and Clinton?

Damn.

You should know that we are very clothes conscious here in the big City. No one dresses in anything but black, but we like style and insist that everyone ELSE in the nation dress appropriately. Stacy and Clinton, although she needs a haircut and he needs to stop wearing shirts that look like neon signs, are very good at emphasizing one thing -fit. I know that sounds simple but it's true. Clothes that fit make you look better.

Now if there was some way for clothes that fit make my double chin disappear they'd have something.

Joe (stop looking at my ass!) Nation
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 07:11 pm
We found pots, mano/matates, a trash heap, fire pits, a wind-break wall, and a couple of smallish skeletons. Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 07:14 pm
Living in this big city, I also subscribe to the Sicilian Widow style of dressing.

Imagine my horror ( :wink: ), when I was out shopping with hamburger and mrs. hamburger last winter. hamburger was buying mrs. hamburger a lovely shawl, and asked if I'd like something (he's an awfully nice dad). I looked around and found a nice pair of Thinsulate gloves on sale (I can't do retail, even for a gift). As I stood looking at the display, wondering whether I should get the black ones, or go mad and get the navy ones, hamburger came to stand with me and said, "Get the red ones. Red goes with everything."

Shocked

eh (I have proof I'm not adopted, and I got the red ones) Beth
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 07:14 pm
littlek wrote:
We found pots, mano/matates, a trash heap, fire pits, a wind-break wall, and a couple of smallish skeletons. Thanks for asking.

I really need to wear my glasses. I read that as l'k telling us she found mashed potatoes in the trash. Shocked
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 07:20 pm
hahaha!

Red gloves go with leopard print.

little(miss freak)k
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 07:21 pm
awe littlek I knew you had it in you to be a freak Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 07:30 pm
Sure do.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 07:31 pm
Who'ah that good looking guym,der?
Seed--- that's who.

When you coming to the city again?

Quote:
mano/matates, a trash heap, fire pits, a wind-break wall,
HArumph, the manos and matates are stone tools of the period prior to 500BC (checking notes from Google to see if he's nuts) and

now I want to know more. Where was the dig and did you find anything pre-Clovis (that's the big pick-a-fight-point amongst digger types.

Joe (really digs dead people) Nation
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 07:32 pm
(that would be me... thank you very much Joe.. but im taken ;-D)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 07:43 pm
Joe is right on about the stone tools. Now that I have the scanner working, maybe I could scan some old photos.

It was an anasazi site. Not Clovis. There were very few flint arrow-heads to be found, but we found flakes made during their production. The mano/matate would have been harder to take with them when they moved on, so they were left behind. There were three troughs in which grain was ground, each had a sloped floor and were seperated by thin slices of stone.

The site was a small one. There were only 3 or 4 rooms, one was likely a storage room, on was the kitchen, sort of. The last was a room with a low bench around the walls which was covered with mud-plaster. The skeletons were just outside that room.

Before we started to dig we had to build the shower stalls (outdoors), dig the out house pits, clear a road to the site, and clear the rocks and sagebrush off the top of the area.

As far as I know, they never wrote up a site summary so I don't know the exact date of the place.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 07:47 pm
Why'd you get out of that profession, littlek?

Probably for the same reason my sister-in-law did -- no work.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 04:21:26