Question on the perfection of God

Eryemil

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 11:29 pm
Even if I have to do what he says, on my trial I'll still bitch about it as the a** kissing angels drag me away kicking and screaming.

Laughing
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 04:56 pm
thunder_runner32 wrote:
Yeah, it's called free choice.

I think that it is more accurate to say that he is more likely everything, than nothing. For something to have absolute power is hard for us to understand. Our brains don't comprehend eternity and infinity because we can't see it in front of us, and we are creatures of sight. When people joke about going to hell...it's kind of scary, if you really think about how long eternity is.

people joke about things a lot worse than going to hell..... plus if hell is real then who can joke about because knows for a fact that they are going to heaven or hell?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 05:08 pm
duce wrote:
hingehead wrote:
Hey Ray, if he created me then he bears responsibility for my actions. I'm gonna whip that defence out during my heaven/hell trial.

With that logic:
If there is NO God, then I guess it's the bio-parents fault for everything or Credit for everything as the case may be.

But if there is a God and You were created/hatched with a Brain and given the ability to make your own choices, what then.

Sorry Duce - I've been moving interstate and only just got web access again.

I disagree on two counts, mainly: God, being omniscient, knew exactly what the end game would be the moment he said 'Let there be light' (I wonder what language he said it in?) It follows that he knew every wend of every life that resulted. I think that if he knew what would happen before it happened then there is no such thing as free choice. My actions are fated in that scenario.

Secondly, bioparents don't claim to be omniscient, and they can blame their bioparents, which goes round and round until you get back to initial conditions ie the big G and his omniscient plan. That's where the buck stops.
0 Replies