Legal Advise

Nooge

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 10:47 pm
Married couple next door
Married 10+ years
6 year old daughter
Husband and wife met in rehab.
Married 9 years.
7 years ago they both began drinking again.
They both smoke pot.
In my best description he is a functional alcoholic, she becomes incoherent and passes out.
They do this periodically, not daily.

3 months ago she started AA and got a sponsor
On 4th step she relapsed
Drank all day on a Saturday.
Sunday husband said she was unresponsive and
Called 911.
When they arrived she was coherent, refused hospital care. However she has no memory of any of this.
She immediately got to two meetings on Sunday afternoon and evening.
Meanwhile, her husband left, with their daughter and didn't come back. As the next few days unfolded she: had no vehicle, no money, lost access to her child, was getting rides to a minimum of two AA meetings day, husband was deciding if, when, and for how long she could see their child. She searched and found a rehab facility. She got a ride and admitted herself.
After 35 days she returned home. That day her husband immediately moved out again and again, took their daughter. He has 'let' her see their daughter twice, 15 minutes each time. He will only meet in a public place and doesn't want them to have private conversation.
No papers have been served. They are married. They live in SC.
Again he has taken their only car. Left her with no money. And while she was in rehab he deleted her cell phone account, and erased all of her contact info and history.
She is going to her meetings.
She is in close contact with her sponsor.
She is grounded but looks like a deer caught in headlights. She has no idea who to call for help...DSS, A local women's coalition, the police?
She cannot hire a lawyer and has no family.
She was to see her daughter this weekend. Her husband promised both her and their child. Instead his sister suddenly took their child to the beach, 1.5 hours out of town, instead.
What is happening?
How can she get access to her child?
How does she preserve her role as Lorelia's mommie.
She messaged him, using my phone, privately on fb and said she didn't condone his sister taking their child out of town. He told her he had to call an ambulance for her, she has no say anymore.
I can't help her financially. I am a single parent of a 6 tear old, too. We are neighbors. My son misses his 'precious friend'. That is how he is referring to Lorelia.
Any information, guidance, ideas are very appreciated.
Kindly!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,477 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 11:32 pm
@Nooge,
Your neighbor needs a lawyer.

In most places in the U.S. free legal aid can be obtained. In South Carolina where you say she is, check with these people: (click on the link) https://sclegal.org

If the link doesn't work, type the information into the search box.
0 Replies