I Am Returning To My Original Political Beliefs

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:19 pm
Because I was (and am) so violently sickened by george bush and the people whose interests he represents....I allowed myself to get reallycaugh up in politics during this last election against my better judgement. It has been my belief all my life that it's possible to live comfortably and happily on the edge of the system and I shall return to being amused, rather than involved by politics.

I was and return to, being what I call a Townsendian.

"Pick up my guitar and play, just like yesterday, thenm I'll get on my knees and pray...We won't get fooled again"

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

The United States has entered it's period of eventual decline. It was a great run and I'm glad it was my time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,450 • Replies: 21
No top replies

panzade

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:23 pm
Exhilaration is that feeling you get just after a great idea hits you, and just before you realize what's wrong with it.
- Rex Harrison
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:31 pm
you calling me out buddy?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:35 pm
I still say you should run for preisdent bp.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:36 pm
I'm holding auditions for interns......
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:41 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
you calling me out buddy?

yup...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:45 pm
well carb up buddy....I'm meaner than I look Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:48 pm
Better muzzle him squinney, he might go back to shagging groupies too...
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:53 pm
BPB, I don't belive that thumb sucking "I'm gonna eat some worms" screed as far as I can thrown you (which isn't very far) But I am afraid that you, and many others will with draw into a shell until a truly bad situation become horrible and dangerous Look at Chile in the 70's and early 80's. That is what GWB and his minions admire. Simple walking away will make it all the easier for them to get there.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:55 pm
Acquiunk you are so mistaken in your interpretation of my post....I'm not whining.....just redirecting my eneriges back to something that means something to me.....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 01:27 pm
Don't forget I'm a road-warrior too little buddy, but pause for a moment...You're a political animal, as everyone on A2K knows...you fight for the little guy and the first amendment...it's against your nature to get on your knees...nest pass?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 01:59 pm
Not on my knees...just not interested......
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 10:56 pm
Embracing Apoliticization/apathy is choosing to put your head in the sand... which is precisely when they'll sneak up on you, bear.

Blithely blinded by your disaffection, you are all the more vulnerable to being blind-sided.

Our best interests require us to get informed (and stay informed) regardless of transient impulses to hibernate.

Politics is not a sprint or a dash... it's a marathon relay.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 01:33 am
Signing on with Panzade.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 07:34 am
Re: I Am Returning To My Original Political Beliefs
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Because I was (and am) so violently sickened by george bush and the people whose interests he represents....

http://www.mondointermedio.it/IMAGES/Lucy%20van%20Pelt%20psychiatric%20help.JPG
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 07:39 am
I know where you're coming from, bear. I have become semi-disengaged lately myself.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 08:04 am
Re: I Am Returning To My Original Political Beliefs
gungasnake wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Because I was (and am) so violently sickened by george bush and the people whose interests he represents....

http://www.mondointermedio.it/IMAGES/Lucy%20van%20Pelt%20psychiatric%20help.JPG

Gunga I appreciate the offer...and should I decide that I need that sort of counseling and I desire someone with all the qualifications of Lucy Van Pelt to give it to me you'll be my first call I assure you.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 08:06 am
All you people who are worried about being blindsided are a day late and a dollar short......or have you missed the news lately? :wink:
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 08:32 am
Bear, there's a guy I listen to on the radio at night that reminds me of you for some reason. Mike Malloy. Have you heard of him?

Check it out.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 08:49 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Bear, there's a guy I listen to on the radio at night that reminds me of you for some reason. Mike Malloy. Have you heard of him?

Check it out.

This guy does kind of remind me of myself a little.... and the part about winning fans and losing jobs certainly resonates.... I have actually lost a couple of jobs in my lifetime for stating my views from the mic...I've certainly been threatened by it....I've even been tossed of forums for it :wink: ..... thanks for the link...I'm at work every Sunday at midnight but perhaps squinney could tape it for me or something....
0 Replies