Undeterred

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 04:15 pm
@44574457,
I worked for JK around the mid 1990's and can confirm that they are not good to deal with. They lie and will do anything to make money. Try to get a list of franchisees from them, you'll not get one. You'll get a story about respecting their privacy and just get the few who are in favour at the moment. Most franchisees leave very quickly, always a lot worse off.
We used to 'take out' problem franchisees and made them sign a nice press release saying how well they'd been treated and how they held no ill will etc. Not one ever got anything back.
New franchisees were offered work within their 'radius' of operation, usually either at their limits or, an account they couldn't take on due to cash flow constraints. Once refused, it came off their work that had to be offered within timescale. Once off the timescale there was no hurry to get them work at all, if their franchise was over 20 yrs, guess how long JK had to get them the work?
Then there was the re-selling of contracts. This is the most profitable way of them making cash over and over again. Take a contract with a t/o of £1000 a month. This costs the franchisee £3000 to buy. The margin is advertised as 20% so see how long it takes to make a profit on it? Never mind the working capital needed to run it. Then you pay a whopping % every month on the turnover figure.
One day, you'll be told the contract has complained and wants a new franchisee, or JK will have found you in breach of your agreement (for many many reasons) and that £1000 account (that you probably haven't made anything from) will be sold on to another victim for another £3000! It happens time after time.
I've had franchisees bankrupt, in tears and in therapy! Not a good thing to be in.
So, my advice is don't do contract cleaning as a franchisee, in fact keep clear of franchises, their fees, their lies and keep your money and your sanity. Do something for yourself or get yourself a paid job.
hotelstaff1234

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2009 08:10 am
@Undeterred,
We are staff working for Jani king in Premier inn hotel. We are Romanian and is cleaning hotels for long time. We all know that Premier inn and Jani king let us down. We have right to work in this Country and we do what we do. Clean rooms. Nobody want to job we do. Not even the Enclish. Jani King pay us 1.92 per room and we were told that Premier inn want us to clean 2.7 rooms per hour by a gm. The people from inland revune said we should be paid by hour and not room. This is below minimum wage. Why is Premier Inn breaking our human rights and why is Jani King using us like animals. All gms want us to stay and is to afraid to talk to bosses. When Ian Fick and Charlie was bosses we all happy. They paid us for been humans. They train us, work with us cry with us and happy with us when we get 90%.Why this people no longer here. Why Premier Inn want Jani King to clean hotels when they know nothing. Elena and Tracey know nothing. Elena husband threaten us with death. Why Jani King do this. We all now earning below minimim wage and Premier Inn do nothing. We are all going talk with newspaper man and the lady from panorama. We had enough. Jani King are crimanils and we have read all this pages. Now we will send all this to press and witbread who are bosses for Premier inn. We done nothing wrong. We want old people back.
christian fick

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 01:56 am
@hotelstaff1234,
I want to thank the Hotel staff who wrote this blog. I am so humbled by the loyalty and the tinacity that you have shown. This is truly an insparation to me. But, as bad as you may feel let down by others, I want to warn you that writing on this blog could potentially get you into trouble. I do not want any of the loyal staff that has served Charlie and myself so well for years to be pursecuted or dismissed by your employers. There are many legal ways to voice your concerns and fears and I believe that it is the best cause of action. Thank you once again guys.
0 Replies

under sur 7im

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 02:28 pm
This chap Mr Fick appears to like JK Head Ofiice WARNING
sunshine65

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 03:33 pm
@under sur 7im,
Oh yes he really gets on with jk and i know also he uses a few names on here and tells him self how good he is
1st Amendment

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 08:32 pm
Hi Everyone I'm Jerry from Bloomington, California United States of America. We seem to be having the same problem here in the USA. Cleaning franchisors have been ripping off many people here to. Janiking has a few pending class Action Lawsuits in the following states. Minesota, Massachusets, Pensylvania and California. Over 800 people are suing janiking in California. I'm involved in a National Class Action Lawsuit against jan-pro. Please read the following article. Iit talks about all the lawsuits against janiking, jan-pro and coverall. http://franchisetimes.com/content/story.php?article=01374
0 Replies

christian fick

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 03:48 pm
I have been the only franchisee who has had the damn balls to put my money where my mouth is. I have put my real name on this blog and that is it SUNSHINE. As per your blog some pages back you asked if my phone number is still the same..... did you try and call me.....why.....did you want to hear gossip or talk to me about your problems with Jani King. I am no longer a franchisee. I got out on the 7th of March 2008. I went on this blog to help arseholes like you. I made and paid Jani King more money in 8 years been a franchisee than all the other people on here put together. I walked away from it all. I am tired of reading petty crap on here of little franchisees like the ones on this page who cleans a few toilets every week and then come on here and rant and rave about me to be a plant and a head office boy. I hate Jani King with more passion then you have ever known. I cannot speak for Charlie at this point of time as I believe she is no longer a franchisee, as you can see from the blogs above. Other people who write good things on here about us just show you how good we were. Just to give you an example. I started my francise in 2000 with 0 and in 8 years grew it to 2.5 million. The biggest franchise in Europe and if not one of the biggest in the world. In that 8 years I NEVER LOST ONE ACCOUNT. More than you can say Sunshine. There are people on here like 44574457, undeterred and cleanup, that has been on here for some time who has lost thousands and who has spoken to me and who is aware of the truth. Until such time you have the balls to come on here with your real name, get back and clean your toilets.
Undeterred

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 09:38 am
@christian fick,
I've made one post, have never been a franchisee and have not spoken to you, Christian. Unless I've mis-interpreted your post?
sunshine65

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 01:24 pm
@christian fick,
haha have i hit a nerv there u ask me for my e mail address under a different name and i gave u it then u send me a e mail and shock it was u nerver mind hey i get back to cleaning the toilets haha i dont mind its honest work
0 Replies

christian fick

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 03:45 pm
@Undeterred,
I offer my apology for the error in including your name. Sunshine, you have posted your email address on this site, so any person could have done it. I have had my email address password changed on a number of occations now by someone else. If anyone has send you an email from my name it can only be someone from Jani King trying to find out who you are. Not me. Maybe I have over reacted in sending my previous response. So I oplogise. You have no idea what I have been going through the last 18 months. Anyway, not your problem. Good luck.
0 Replies

onewhoseesall

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2009 07:13 am
Remember the fun days when ficky used to put drinks on JK's rooms at conferences. Well I do cause I remember back that far.

Who I am and what I am to Jani-King doesnt matter. But Its about time someone revealed the truth about Ian Fick.

He spent years loosing money as the biggest franchisee that Jk had. I remember as far back as 6 years ago telling him to get out, but I think with his wife in such a bad way, he needed somthing to keep him focused.

JK were always looking to get rid of him. He had become too big and was a liability as he didnt tow the line. I remember where in one meeting they were so worried that they couldnt control him, that they asked if phycological profiles could be done on him, without him knowing, to help them read him.

In about Jan 08, it all came to a head and JK, shut down on him over night. they took his business in house and left him to be slaughtered. within a month he was bankrupt and liquidated. His hard work for nothing.

He had some kind of business partner at the time, Charlie. She was heavely pregnant and took on the franchise. I dont know the details as I'm out of the loop now, but she also got the franchise taken away over night and JK now run all the hotels in-house.

JK have ruined many lifes and destroyed many people and if they did it to the two biggest franchisees, then be warned they will do it to you.

So hey cut Fickey some slack guys. Far from being a spy, I believe he was trying to offer help in the hope that he could stop other people being stabbed in the back like he was.

JK come out with all these stories of how it is always the franchisee who messes up contracts, but fickey never lost one account that I know off and he was still killed off by them for being to powerful.

Control, fear and denial is the only way JK know and if fickey reacted badly in his blogs, then maybe its because the nerve that you all hit was mistaking him for being a spy for the very people who have destroyed his life.

I dont know the details, but I have heard whispers that there are major law suits against Charlie from JK. Maybe its already gone to court. dont know?and I am guessing that if Fickey doesnt go into detail on this site, its because he's protecting her.

So guys, there you have it. fickey had more than all of you and he lost the lot with no warning. stop the in fighting please and use this site as a positive way to join together as a united force and focus on exposing the real villains here JK.

There are law suits in USA, can we provide evidence to them that show this is an international problem?

Can we all pick a day where we all contat the papers together or contact panorama? maybe if on the same day they received lots of complaints it would make them investigate.

You Hotel workers, Fickey was obviously trying to protect you in his response, but hey.....contact newsnight, contact the authroties, write to The hotel bosses. search on the internet and I am sure you can find out the addresses.

So come on people. lets use this energy and anger towards Jani-King and see them finally get their come upance. THEY HAVE HURT ALL OF YOU.

BE POSITIVE....PREPARE A PLAN OF ATTACK.......STOP THE INFIGHTING AND GET THE ONES WHO CAUSED THIS TO YOU.

seangray2

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 06:30 pm
TO LODGE A COMPLAINT AGAINST JANI KING YOU SHOULD

Contact the CIB at the DTI with this complaint form http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm
Companies Investigation Branch has the responsibility for conducting investigations into companies using the statutory powers of enquiry contained in the Companies Act 1985.

Tell them about any negligent misrepresentation and fraudulent inducement you think you have experienced

0 Replies

amerasian70

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 01:45 pm
@realjohnboy,
First, you pick your monthly plain. Like example, you want to make $3,000 a mo0nth. You have to pay for finder fee is $13,500. Then you have class for learning how to clean, then they found a job or from customer unhappy with old franchise, they will give that job to you, but not warranty it will be $3,000 for 1 account(place). Some time 3-4 place with little money and lots travel. So, each month $3,000 plain, they will take out 22.5% for their fee for insurance and accounting... you will have only $2,325. a month. If you not keeping the place clean, they will take it back and you will lost your finder fee. This job only good for people who have kids, or who can't work in day time. and the supplies and equipment you have to buy too. You make about $10 hr not included supply and gas for travel.
sunshine65

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 02:40 pm
@amerasian70,
and your point is ????
0 Replies

cleanup

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 07:56 am
@sunshine65,
by the way you slag off the people who are trying to help , loke Ian Fick,I think you are a plant! maybe Guy in disguise?
christian fick

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 12:05 pm
@onewhoseesall,
I have not been on here as I have taken a dislike in the site and what it has become. I was told that someone wrote a blog with regards to me beign bankrupt and liquidated. I thank this person for reminding me of the good old days at the Jani King conferences. However, I have no idea where the information with regards to the bankrupsy and liquidation has come from. Maybe this is from the same person at JANI KING Headoffice to try and stir up a reaction from me. Well, they won't get one. MERRY XMAS to all of you.
0 Replies

sunshine65

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 04:43 pm
@cleanup,
yeah right me been a plant what ever u could be one to and i hate guy and anyone to do with jk
marlo21040

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 11:19 pm
@Undeterred,
We need to expose them to the media so that other indiviuals will not be victim
We are in the Baltimore area and it is the same experience with the same results
Please help

[email protected]
0 Replies

slusome349

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 01:34 pm
i purchased a jani-king franchise in 1996-1997 i found that they low-balled most of my contracts & put in contracts with digruntled clients wiht maybe a month or 2 left on there contract, and once the client had cancelled the contract they would still charge u finder fees for them. the companie was a sham. in 1999, i was contacted by someone saying they were trying open a class-action lawssuit but i never heard from them again. my email slusome349.com
0 Replies

daddyboy

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:40 am
@David120552,
hi thinking of janiking franchise uk but need to speak to ex janiking franchisee first how do i cnt you