gungasnake

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2017 10:52 am
@farmerman,

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150805-neanderthals-strange-large-eyes
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2017 10:57 am
Quote:
Nevertheless there were some differences. One stands out: they had weirdly large eyes.

The author of the BBC article is clueless as to what the huge hominid eyes were about. Again, basically, they are what you can anticipate finding amongst creatures living on planets aligned with brown dwarf stars. Other examples include lemurs, tarsiers, owls, owl monkeys......
farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2017 11:53 am
@gungasnake,
I think Ill go along with the many forensic anthropologists and facial feature reconstructors. Theyve been able to develop what I assume is an accurate depiction of H n.

Vendramini is primarily a huckster and professionally a showman. SO I would suspect his motives (and they dont lean toward scientifc knowledge)
Ponderer

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2017 11:59 am
@emmett grogan,
And then, eventually, Barney!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2017 02:22 pm
@farmerman,
In other words, your earlier comment:

Quote:
youre as obtuse as you are gullible. You can make up anything you want if you have but one crushed specimen from which you draw all your conclusions.

just got blown to hell (the BBC article is obviously not based on a single anomalous specimen) and so now I'm still wrong because you simply like other analyses which, like your own, simply do not amount to a real attempt to deal with the available evidence, better than you like Vendramini's analysis which does?

Have you ever considered trying to rise above being a goofball?
farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2017 04:51 pm
@gungasnake,
Vendramini had but one specimen that he observed (out of a bunch of others)> I wonder what the stat breakout of the eye socket diameters were measured for the BBC article?

Vendrmini drew some weird unsubstantiated conclusions while BBC's science staff drew less certain conclusions for its own.
So we hqve now seem whqt competing hypotheses look like in the rel world.
Vendramini says that the bigger eye sockets were in parallel with hirsute md flesh eating monsters who liked to get some nookie on the side by raping the cave Hss ladies.

BBC states nothing about the "Mad, hirsute flesh eating cannibals that he defined as the Typical Hn"

Science usually works it out with best evidence since, after all, its ALL circumstantial.
You are jut too quick to buy into any fringe "theories" that pop up. I say , let em fight it out because we know that Vendrminis on reconstructions were falsified(He over accentuated the nares and eye orbit diameters ) even the BBC ones arent nearly as huge as Vendrminis .

Ill satnd by my above assertion that you are easily convinced by the least scientific stories. You are rather gullible, were you always that way???. What abut multiple hypotheses and extraordinary evidence?
How bout ANY EVIDENCE?
0 Replies