Claims of a past purple age now turning up in regular science literature

farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2017 04:49 pm
@gungasnake,
neanderthal optical orbit apertures vary in diameter based upon two things that were evaluated by measurement of fossil specimens.

1. Average Neanderthal orbital aperture diameters (OAD) vary upward with increase in latitudes based upon 10 degree sample locations

2.OADs(based upon a linear regression compared to population ) follows a similar finding from todays human populations as well as the great apes. That finding is that OADs vary and average to wider ODs in larger populational groups. In my mind it has only to do with statistic occurrences favor larger groups. NOT ALL Neanderthals had larger OADs compared to the overall population size of that group.
What Vendrimini hs been doing is a very unscientific thing. Hes been stating that because OME Neanderthals had big OADs, therefore ALL Neanderthals did.
GUNGA PRESENTS ANOTHR STEAMING PLATE OF BULLSHIT. Vendrimini, because hes a videographer and a TV show production wannabe, tried to come up with his "theory" that is based on looking at one or two Neanderthal skulls while ignoring all the rest.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2017 05:11 pm
The depiction is also inaccurate in that it looks more like the face and skull of a gorilla. In fact, h. n. had a larger brain case than modern humans do. Basically, they're showing a Hollywood-versi0on killer ape, and saps such as our "friend" just eat it up. Hey, a new form of racism, and it's not going to upset otherwise civilized folks.
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:02 pm
@Setanta,
Dan Vendramini is a kind of joke. Hes just the kind of authority that gunga latches on.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:48 am
Formerman is a kind of a joke. Danny Vendramini is an exceptionally competent scholar.
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 05:42 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Danny Vendramini is an exceptionally competent scholar
In your mind maybe.

The entire genus HOMO has specific requirement for inclusion. If Vendramini wants to create a new biological line, he needs to show more evidence than just the measurement of a single skull and a clever story .

Heres what some real paleogenetics scientists say about what Neanderthls looked like. [Wood and Collard ,The Humn Genus]
Quote:
“The numerous associated skeletons of H. neanderthalensis indicate that their body shape was within the range of the variation seen in modern humans.”

You really go out on a limb to buy almost any fringe crap thats out there.
Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 06:20 am
I see that petulant Gunga Dim has voted down the last few posts. He not only can't abide contradiction, he can't even abide the idea that others don't "think" as he does. I fixed that.
gungasnake

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 06:33 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Heres what some real paleogenetics scientists say about what Neanderthls looked like. [Wood and Collard ,The Humn Genus]
Quote:
Quote:
“The numerous associated skeletons of H. neanderthalensis indicate that their body shape was within the range of the variation seen in modern
humans.”

That's idiotic. The following is what we actually know about the Neanderthal:

• Neanderthal DNA was roughly halfway between ours and that of a chimpanzee. That eliminates any possibility of humans being descended from Neanderthals via any process resembling evolution.
• His skull was a very good match for an ape's profile, and a bad match for one of ours.
• No Neanderthal needles (Cro Magnon needles are common); a creature with a 6" ice-age fur coat simply doesn't require needles...
• Footprints more apelike than human.
• Rib cages were conical as are those of primates (to make room for the gigantic upper body musculature); our rib cages are cylindrical.
• Eye sockets and nasal areas much larger than ours.
• Placement of noses and eyes on faces much different (higher) than for humans.
• We know that the mindset of the Neanderthal was similar to that of an African lion. He viewed the living world as neatly divided into two categories: his own family group and meat. Even other Neanderthal families were on the menu, and they find the remains of Neanderthal groups with clear butchering marks made by flint knives.
• We know (Rob Gargett) that if you put the skulls of a human, a Neanderthal, and lion together, the two which have much of anything in common are the Neanderthal and the lion.
• We know that Neanderthal population dynamics were similar to those of other predators, and that there were never more than around 10,000 – 15,000 Neanderthals alive on the planet at any one time.
• We know that the Neanderthal could adapt to an omnivorous diet when it was available but that, in the setting of the European ice age, he was for all intents and purposes a pure carnivore.
• We know that Neanderthals were not giants... a tall one might go 5-10 or 6'. But a male Neanderthal could easily have stood 5-9 and weighed 300 pounds with no extra weight on him.

Every bit of that corresponds to Vendramini's reconstruction.

What exactly would you EXPECT something with DNA halfway between ours and that of a chimpanzee to look like? The boy next door??

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 09:06 am
@gungasnake,
1. Actually you should look at the complement of DNA from Bonobos.

2.Honest to goodness REAL scientists all have placed Neanderthals in the Genus HOMO.
PS, no one ever said that Hn was the SIRECT ancestor of Hs. That's a little story that you Creationist types want to preserve.

Quote:
His skull was a very good match for an ape's profile, and a bad match for one of ours [/ quote] You just pull this outta yer ass? The insertion of the Hn Skull onto the spine is exactly the same as a Hs. As are about all of the facial bone features. So the Hn has a somewhat beetled brow. Lotta Swedes and Poles have those features.
As far as direct ancestors. H heidelbergensis has recently been considered the common ancestor of Hs and Hn
Youre believing someone whose done a factless reconstruction based on an Alley oopish cartoonand a Creationish mindset.

Quote:
Rib cages were conical as are those of primates

So are rib cages of Shirpas (based upon Am Acad of Forensic SCiences STR studies and statistics)

Quote:
Eye sockets and nasal areas much larger than ours.
evidence please? size of sample would be important. Vendramini keeps showing us the same ass skull as if its the predominant phenotype.

Quote:
We know that the mindset of the Neanderthal was similar to that of an African lion. He viewed the living world as neatly divided into two categories: his own family group and meat. Even other Neanderthal families were on the menu, and they find the remains of Neanderthal groups with clear butchering marks made by flint knives
WOW, real animal brutes werent they? Brutes who could do flint knapping. Come on, lets see your evidence about the occurrence of cannibalism. Was it any more prevelant than, say, the Donner Party menu?

Quote:
We know (Rob Gargett) that if you put the skulls of a human, a Neanderthal, and lion together, the two which have much of anything in common are the Neanderthal and the lion.
I done think that this is even an observation. Its a comic book line

Quote:
What exactly would you EXPECT something with DNA halfway between ours and that of a chimpanzee to look like? The boy next door??

Wherever you got this from is guilty of comparative statistical inferences that are meaningless. We have human populational differences that display significant Hss genetic variances based upon structural, physiological and circulatory heterogeneity. Womens have a genetic complement somewhat different from men. STR analyses has shown lots of genetic variation between populations.
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 09:24 am
@farmerman,
Also, a bit of a stop codon . Your assumption bout "genetic differences" is based on thinking about genes like bricks in a wall. They aren't a "Thing", they encode proteins . WHAT I done with them is somatic . We have fossil genes that cqn be awakened to code things that haven't been coded-for for multi-millennia. I may be wrong but I even think that several humans had genetic disorders that have restored the GULO gene, (which, via the liver, codes for ascorbate)among other things ,its Vitamin C (something that pretty much, NO apes and humans can genetically do). We may be able, via CRISPR, reconnect qnd eit the GULO gene to reawaken it and our descendants wont need vitamin C supplements
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 09:35 am
@Setanta,
Hhe sho is sumpn aiyant he?
Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:44 pm
@farmerman,
He and his boy Vendramini ignore that this so-called purple age was in the days of a methane atmosphere, and therefore billions of years ago. The genus homo is only a few million years old. Leaving aside that the skull Gunga Dim posted here looks suspiciously like australopithecus rather than homo, the math can't be done. And Gunga Dim claims this guy is some kind of scholar? I gotta a wunnerful bridge for the boy, and at a knock-down discount.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 01:26 pm
@emmett grogan,
emmett grogan wrote:

How long have you been here? I've been highly entertained for the three or so weeks I've been here!

c'mon
you're a bit too recognizable to get away with that
there was a reason I commented on your new username on your arrival
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 01:44 pm
@Setanta,
I don't have the foggiest iea about spectral colors that were present in the atmosphere during the Hadean or Cryagenian periods. Id have to go back to prim spctra based on the types of gases. I think a methanogenic atmosphere is yellow orang(ish). Sulfur (Ox) "could" be purplish because of the transmission.
You are dead right because Gunga is trying to conflate the Hadean times with recent Neogene times when the earth was green and sky was blue .

0 Replies

emmett grogan

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 02:48 pm
@ehBeth,
You don't find it strange that someone named Emmett Grogan is compelled by someone named ehBeth or Layman or Finn d'Buzz to "prove" who he is or isn't on an anonymous internet forum?

I do.
gungasnake

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 03:20 pm
The purple age was the primordial situation in the part of our System which Earth was in meaning that it ended somewhere around 10,000 - 15,000 years ago and began a few hundred thousand or a few million years ago.

Robb Gargett (Subversive Archaeologist) notes that even if you try to draw a Neanderthal with the nose and eyes as large as the bones indicate they'd have to be, what you end up with is still very strange to look at.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/sites/default/files/ganymede-holden-part2-5.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 03:26 pm
@emmett grogan,
I find it strange that you were trying to pretend you're a stranger in a strange land. Your footprint is recognizable - thus the initial friendly greeting. Perhaps that was an error.
farmerman

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 08:24 am
@ehBeth,
who dya think he (she) is??? Dont say its JTT/camlok. I think that ones gone for good.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 09:05 am
That is, even if you try to draw an anthropomorphized/yuppified Neanderthal with the eyes and nose as big as the bones indicate, what you end up with is still totally non-human.
emmett grogan

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 12:30 pm
@ehBeth,
Either way I hope I haven't done anything to offend you.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 12:57 pm
@gungasnake,
youre as obtuse as you are gullible. You can make up anything you want if you have but one crushed specimen from which you draw all your conclusions.