My little pup....

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 08:33 am
I thought this was soooo cute, I had to share.

Yesterday, the man that MIL hired to powerwash the house came over and started to do his thing. Pup and I were in the upstairs play room. He began spraying the house with water and pup freaked out. She was playing on the floor near a window.
SHe has just begun to learn how to pull her self up.. She has not gotten the knack of holding her lower torso still while doing so.. so when she DOES stand, she looks like a drunk hoola-girl with out the grass skirt.
When the man finally reached the window ( about a minute after he started ) She crawled as fast and as hard as she could to the window sill, pulled herself up and began to cry. I went over to her and picked her up. SHe WAILED. I stood in the window so she could see what was goingon. She didnt like that idea either.
So.. I put her down.
Crawled over to the window yet again, yanked herself up and stood there. Her little eyes are just barrrley over the sill so she stood tip-toe. Perfectly still......Crying, screaming,laughing and babbling the whole time. Cute cute cute.
He moved on to another part of the house and when she could no longer she him,, she threw herself down and wailed like she had been beaten.
So.. I moved her into the next room. Same thing.
We did this for the better part of 2 hours. Her so excited she would cry and scream, me laughing so hard at her I had tears in my eyes.

Good grief.. Kids are cute. ;-)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 629 • Replies: 8
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 08:47 am
That is cute!

Kids are so funny with that mixture of fear and excitement.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:34 am
Is there a cute story thread?

My wife and I were explaining about religion to our 7 year old over dinner the other night. My wife is Catholic and I am Buddhist. As I was explaing this, my 2.5 year old daughter pipes up "You're not buddhist, your daddy!"
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:00 am
Cute, McG!

Ah, the yelly phase. I called sozlet "little yelly nelly" for a while. She'd just -- vocalize! -- a lot.

What'd the painter think?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:26 am
That is cute Mcg!

The painter would peek in the window every now and then and just laugh. I think, from his point of view, all he could see are 2 little eyes straining above the window sill.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:27 am
:-D
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:31 am
In fact, he is back today but jilly-bean is napping.
He isnt powerwashing though.
I would almost wake her up to see that again.
hehe
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 12:51 pm
Isn't it wonderful to see things through a child's eyes? They get such enjoyment out of things we forget to look at each day. Rocks, ants, leaves blowing through the air are all exciting and new to them. It is fantastic.

Not sure where you are from shewolfnm, but if you get snow, just wait until your little one sees it snowing for the first time and then playing in it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 01:25 pm
Sadly, I am in southern texas. Noone here knows what snow looks like. When there is a patch of ice located on a street somewhere, the entire city closes down for the day. They think that 40 is cold winter weather. Laughing
I moved here from NM and there we would get snow every winter. Sometimes 4-5 inches in a few hours. I do miss that. I would love to have seen her face when everything was white outside.
I bet it would be like her with bubbles.
I make her a bubble bath sometimes and she just stares at the bubbles... tries to grab them and gets so confused because they have no 'feeling'.
Yeah, it is great to re discover the world through the eyes of a child
0 Replies