Nutcase Pat Robertson Now Considered a Credible Spokesperson

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 07:19 pm
So now we have the insane Pat Robertson being interviewed on CNN on the Middle East and christianity as if this looney toon is an expert on anything.

I am taking the advice of John Prine and blowing up my TV and going to the country, Ontario sounds nice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,460 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:11 am
I don't think that he is an expert on anything either. I DO think that CNN is being savvy, though. There is a dawning realization in the media that there are many folks out there who DO think that Robertson, and his ilk have some credibility. And those folks buy the stuff that CNN advertisers are hawking.
0 Replies

DimestoreDiva

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:43 am
In other words, they are pandering for Fox viewers.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:45 am
He's only about as Looney Tunes as the current administration. They make a complimentary set I'd say.
0 Replies

DimestoreDiva

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:53 am
Falwell is getting more airtime too. Both of these pyschos believe that God has placed a protective tent over America. That is absolutely nuts. Of course, they said God suspended the protection on 9/11 as a retribution towards gays and feminists. People with views like that should be institutionalized not being interviewed as experts on network TV.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 06:13 am
As long as people want to see certain individuals, there will be a market for them on television. I have a very effective method of removing TV personalities from my life of whom I don't approve. It is called the remote control.
0 Replies

DimestoreDiva

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 06:21 am
It is not a question of what I want to see or what you want to see. It is a question of right-wing lunatics being given a platform and being presented as if they were mainstream.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 06:26 am
Face it folks...the inmates are running the asylum.....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 06:35 am
DimestoreDiva wrote:
It is not a question of what I want to see or what you want to see. It is a question of right-wing lunatics being given a platform and being presented as if they were mainstream.

And that is the perogative of the networks, to choose which people they interview. I think that if a person has a serious objection, a sharply worded rebuke to the network involved is in order.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 06:43 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
DimestoreDiva wrote:

And that is the perogative of the networks, to choose which people they interview. I think that if a person has a serious objection, a sharply worded rebuke to the network involved is in order.

why not just slam your head into a brick wall a few thousands times because you don't like it while you're at it?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 06:55 am
Bi-The fact remains that the networks have discovered that there is a huge market in the religious right. And they are pandering to that market.

For years, the left, including the radical left, has been the darlings of television. What we are seeing now is a shift in focus. Over the years, I have learned that many things come and go in cycles.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 06:59 am
yes but we used to have a fairness in broadasting law where the other side got equal time.....no more....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 07:07 am
Bi- Do you really think that the religious right is getting an inordinate amount of time in the media? Who would YOU think is the right person to counter his arguments? ( I would be happy to go on CNN, if Frank Apisa goes with me! Laughing )
0 Replies

DimestoreDiva

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 07:09 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Bi-The fact remains that the networks have discovered that there is a huge market in the religious right. And they are pandering to that market.

For years, the left, including the radical left, has been the darlings of television. What we are seeing now is a shift in focus. Over the years, I have learned that many things come and go in cycles.

Oh come now, the radical left was never the "darling" of television. The leftist radicals were aleways portrayed for what they were, radicals. the mere fact that you portray them as "radicals" proves my point. Everyone knew they were promoting an extreme agenda becasue the networks portrayed them that way. This is not the case now with the radical right.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 07:11 am
I think the religious right owns the media by proxy now and I think they've been working on the takeover for many years...... they just needed people in Washington who like themselves, are crazy as **** house rats... they got 'em now......
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 07:12 am
Bi- You may have a point there. I think that we just have to wait and see. Stay tuned!
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 07:36 am
Here is a novel take on things. Not that I am a big Pat Robertson fan, but I don't see this as being any different than the networks interviewing movie and TV stars about politics and presenting their views as somehow being worthy of our attention. Take the interviews for what they are worth.

In most cases, they are not worth a whole lot, in my opinion, regardless of what person of fame is being interviewed.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 07:37 am
Who considers him credible?? I don't.

He is no different than Jesse Jackson.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 07:39 am
And BPB, please stop dissing us rats. It's bad enough being a rat and having to overcome everyone's fears of things small that go squeak, much less to have someone here using us in a denigrating way. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 07:42 am
'It is a question of right-wing lunatics being given a platform and being presented as if they were mainstream.'

'Oh come now, the radical left was never the "darling" of television. The leftist radicals were aleways portrayed for what they were, radicals.'

The name Michael Moore keeps springing to mind. I don't know that he's the 'darling' of the media (which he certainly could be) but he was of the Democrats in this past election cycle.

Which is worse?
0 Replies