Rats & mice!

Heeven

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:56 am
I had a mouse problem before and I had put a covered trap directly in front of a hole where the mice were getting in, baited it with peanut butter and waited. Each time I caught a mouse, I would dispose of it and re-bait the trap and leave it there again. Coming home after being away for a few days I "smelled" a catch and when I went to empty the trap discovered that the bait was gone - meaning another mouse must have climbed over his dead mate and eaten the peanut butter. I did not examine the dead mouse for bite-marks (too squeamish for that) but I am thinking if they are hungry enough, and there is a dead carcass around, mice are probably going to eat their own.

Get a second cat. You gotta keep these suckers away from the house, your daughter and your food. Nothing beats keeping mice and rats away than a predator.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:41 pm
A coupla of diamond pythons might help. Very partial to rats (sorry Rog, but that's a fact). You know if you have a snake as a pet you can get frozen rats in neat plastic pouches to feed them - advice is to label them pretty well in the freezer tho, the dude at the Reptile Park said that he managed to microwave one thinking it was people food to thaw. They ended up getting rid of the microwave.......
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:48 pm
There, there, Roger! Laughing
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:50 pm
Hell, there's ONE RIGHT BEHIND YOU ROGER!!! Run away quick!!!!

heh heh heh
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 02:24 pm
I used to work for a guy who had peregrine falcons and he would use the kitchen microwave to 'take the chill off' the frozen mice he kept in the freezer. Nice! It was always a joy to walk into the kitchen and see that on the kitchen counter, never mind the effin falcon flapping his wings at me like he wanted to rip my eyes out.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 02:31 pm
Get rid of the pythons right away. I'm tellling you, they're dirty, spread disease, and chew electrical cords. And they are not cute.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 10:06 pm
http://www.animations-galore.com/Images/Animals/snake.gif

Gaze into the eyes rodent-boy! Feel them pulling you in.......
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 01:34 am
Heeven wrote:
I used to work for a guy who had peregrine falcons and he would use the kitchen microwave to 'take the chill off' the frozen mice he kept in the freezer. Nice! It was always a joy to walk into the kitchen and see that on the kitchen counter, never mind the effin falcon flapping his wings at me like he wanted to rip my eyes out.

Laughing Oh, ugh!
Lucky you, Heeven!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 04:19 pm
Heeven wrote:

Sounds to me like your employer wasn't really trying hard - I'm sure that bird or a cat would like this.......

Mice in Cream (Souris à la crème)
Skin, gut and wash some fat mice without removing their heads. Cover them in a pot with ethyl alcohol and marinate 2 hours. Cut a piece of salt pork or sowbelly into small dice and cook it slowly to extract the fat. Drain the mice, dredge them thoroughly in a mixture of flour, pepper, and salt, and fry slowly in the rendered fat for about 5 minutes. Add a cup of alcohol and 6 to 8 cloves, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Prepare a cream sauce, transfer the sautéed mice to it, and warm them in it for about 10 minutes before serving.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 06:43 pm
Delicious!
0 Replies