Can we ever be completely satisfied?

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 02:35 pm
I can be completely satisfied...but not long after I want to be satisfied again... :wink:
0 Replies

shunammite

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 02:00 pm
I read this entire thread to see if anyone gave the True Answer, lol, MICK JAGGER I CAN'T GET NO SATISFACTION AND I TRY AND I TRY AND I TRY...

And the same idea echoed in Romeo and Juliet, a statement that has given me more peace than any other in a long time, Romeo asks Juliet "wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied???" And Juliet responds, "why, what satisfaction can you possibly have tonight????"

Wait for daybreak...wait till the sun shines nellie...wait wait WAIT I SAY KEEP WAITING...keep being unsatisfied, it's all good...or at least necessary...

All the days of the afflicted are evil but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.

Afflicted means subpar in any way. And "merry" means "full up" or Satisfied. Prov 15:15 I think. It's kind of cruel, the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. The happy get happier, the sad get sadder.

But the opposite is true also. :~)

Blessed are all they who mourn for they shall be comforted.
0 Replies

val

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 07:15 am
shunammite

do you mean that the people who lost their homes, families, all they had, under the recent tsunami, are blessed? do you mean they should have a merry hart, while they don't even have water to drink?
let me ask you this (please don't be offended, that is not my intention): did you ever suffer, really suffer (hunger, misery, pain, lost of loved ones) in your life?
0 Replies

shunammite

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 09:32 am
We come into this world naked and we leave the same way, only a lot more understanding than how we came in.

Yes I think I have suffered, it's hard to compare suffering from one person to another...some you can drop a ton of bricks on and they don't feel a thing. And others you can brush with a feather and they bristle terribly...

I have three sons. My oldest son is mentally ill, so they say. I had a shrink tell me the son I raised was dead, I need to get over my grieving. Well he doesn't look dead to me.

I would...I think...be willing to lose all the tsusami people lost if he could be restored, but that's not how things work.

My marriage of twenty eight years, we were soul mates for twenty years, we have three sons, but the last eight have been hell, each of us sure the other is "ungodly"...

I cheered myself up this morning reading about 8 young soldiers dying in Iraq yesterday...not to mention all the Iraqis who die every day...it's a miracle any day we are alive and happy...a victory against all that opposes us...my son is still breathing, he can change.... Yes I know it's a little sick, but it's being ALONE in your suffering that is unbearable...when I know other people have unbearable things too, somehow it gives me courage...

And maybe those young men had untroubled normal lives before, something my son has never had, and he has been in terrible torment these last nine years. And what a child endures, the parent feels more intensely...the child doesn't understand so much.

At this point all suffering is sort of "mine"...but the upside is...all the Joy is mine too...I look for the joy...almost done trying to kill the killjoys...let the dead bury the dead someone (guess who, lol) said...

And let the living refresh the living.

I've had other suffering too, lol, when I was young I got mocked for being flat chested and I had pimples bad....and let me tell you if you are a thirteen year old girl, the thought that no one will ever love you is the greatest suffering there is...

But I have been loved...and hated....and love is better, but I can stand the hate too now, I know they don't really mean it, they just don't understand.

If you can understand the me, I can understand the you, or are you unforgiven too?

Do you by any chance know the story of the real Shunammite? II Kings 4:8-37 I think. I did not realize how truly AWESOME she is, or I would never have dared to take her name, but I've had it online about 5 years now and hate to change.
0 Replies

val

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 06:19 am
Schunammite

Sorry, I didn't realise my question was so personal.
I was very angry with what you had previously written, because I suffered a terrible personal lost two years ago, and your words seemed to me like a vain (and also obscene) rhetoric. But I was wrong and I must apologise. I see it is the way you choose to live and think your own life.
I have no place for a god, or a soul, in my life. The person who died, is dead forever. I will never see her again, I will never buy her roses to put in our dinner table, I will never go with her to recitals, I will never ...
But life goes on. This is a cold winter. But then spring will come, and the heat, and the sea. Beethoven Sonatas are still beautiful.
Something has died forever in my life. But beauty remains, my work also. Memory of the infinite lost, amputation of life. But also the beauty of the world. The day to day adventure. I have no need for God.
0 Replies

shunammite

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 11:00 am
Val, I'm sorry for your loss. It will get better with time. And I was not offended but you did touch a nerve, it doesn't take much to make me talk, lol, that's my only relief, to at least TELL ABOUT IT...

But few want to hear you moan about your trouble, everyone has trouble, they want to see a little courage and hope...

We probably don't mean the same thing by the word "god"...

The only person I've truly lost in the way you meant was my father, and it was time, he was 74, so it's not the same as losing someone when they are younger...he had alzheimer's...

It helps me to think all this seeming chaos has a Good Mind behind it...and I feel that the observable world justifies that idea, the regularity of the seasons, etc...it's just human life that seems like pure chaos...but I can see some sense now in some of the stuff I've been through...

Don't lose heart, ever...whatever it takes...renew your faith which way you can, to fall in love with life again, that's Fixxxer by Metallica, whom I just ADORE...

Yes me the little old former church lady. :~)

"god" bless you really!!! I've seen fire and I've seen rain, we have to have both, and after a while you can hardly tell the difference.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 12:05 pm
I'm sorry about your loss val. I don't know your pain, I can only imagine the hurt from losing a loved one at an early age, but I know that there is a spot for God in everybody. Maybe you just have not found it yet. Because our life is only part of eternity, I'm hope in time you will find it. I know that Jesus knows what we all go through and maybe you could get to know him.
0 Replies