CalamityJane

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 09:56 pm
Beautiful trees Piffka and danon.

Piffka, how come you have a little one too?
Looks so very inviting and cheerful and pretty.

danon, looks like you put a lot of lights on
your tree. I bet that lights up the whole room.
Very nice.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:08 pm
Now how come Jane saw Piffka & Dannon's trees & all I got was the 'ol rectangle with the red cross in it? Confused
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:09 pm
Hi Calie and msolga,
Yes, many lights. The room is large though - 30 feet across and octagonal shaped. It is our bedroom. The "big bed" is on the left in the pic. I designed and built our home myself.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:14 pm
Greetings, danon. A pity I can't see your tree Confused , but it sounds wonderful! Very Happy
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:18 pm
msolga, try this = hope it works.

http://www.directupload.net/images/041223/4e9p7f6T.jpg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:39 pm
danon,
I thought it might be a bed on the left hand side,
but why do you have the tree in the bedroom?

Do all your visitors come to the bedroom and you
socialize there? Wait a minute, that sounds funny,
but is not intended to Wink

msolga, that's strange. What browser do you use?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:54 pm
Yes, it's strange. This is what I got when I tried to access the address done sent me:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /images/041223/4e9p7f6T.jpg on this server.

Maybe Norton, or Windows are being over cautious in their updates? Confused
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 08:17 am
Danon and Piffka, lovely trees! Smile
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 08:22 am
CJ -- Did you ever hear the story of the little tree that wanted to be a Christmas tree, but was ignored and left on the lot, only to be shredded later? Well, that little tree would have suffered the same fate... in other words... it followed us home. Wink

Danon -- Ooooooh -- a beautiful tree, a beautiful room... octagonal-shaped? That sounds very interesting & beautiful! Do you know the story of Ulysses and his bed? That's how Penelope knew for sure that it was her own dear husband, come home after all those years. He had built his bed out of a tree trunk that was part of the foundation of his house... a big solid bed.

But I am interested... do you socialize in your bedroom? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Olga... I'm sorry you can't see my trees. I'll email you a photo, OK? It's not really that great a picture -- they look much prettier in person. Wink
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 10:15 am
Piffka,
Well, yeah, we live in the bedroom. So, visitors just have to jump up on the big bed when they visit.
When we did the floorplan we knew we would be living in the bedroom - so made it big - and the MBath - so that's huge too with Jacuzzi - and in the kitchen. Those are the lived in rooms of our home.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 10:20 am
<nodding>

OK, I see. We did something similar... we have one main bathroom. That way we knew we'd get to see our kids at least once a day. Got that idea from an interview with Tom Hanks.

We have friends who put their jacuzzi in their living room. Makes for interesting conversation. Very Happy
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 07:25 pm
HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL ~

http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/large/10081000/10081751.jpg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 07:50 pm
Piffka wrote:
Olga... I'm sorry you can't see my trees. I'll email you a photo, OK? It's not really that great a picture -- they look much prettier in person. Wink

Email received! Lovely, Piffka! Very Happy
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:30 pm
Piffka,
Psychologically speaking IMMHO - "normal" is a current thought at any given moment in a persons life. Jacuzzi's in living rooms?? In my twenties during the sixties?? A daring thing. In my sixties thinking about my twenties?? - - - A daring thing!! Grin.

We developed the floor plan and I drew the blueprints for our home after the "kids" were long gone. I built our home alone and unassisted at 55 yrs old. It took me two yrs but is worth it. I did everything from the bedrock up to the tip top of the chimney.

Here is a pic of me on the house during construction. It was all quite interesting.

[img]http://www.directupload.net/images/041224/9tL3d8ZT.jpg[/IMG]
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:19 pm
Yup... bathing in the living room is still daring imho, too. They lived on top of a mountain and didn't get much drop-by company. Very Happy

But you... unassisted? Eeeyikes. That looks like a tall house, too, Danon, with lots of rafters to be putting up by yourself. Good thing you were still reasonably young and apparently spry! Whenever Mr.P starts up on the roof, I have to go shopping. I'm very nervous about his falling. Hope Patti was not so faint of heart. I'm guessing she took that photo. (Good job!)

Did you live in part of it while you built the rest? Two years is a long time... but it feels good to have a house you built yourself, doesn't it?

From that photo it looks like your house is similar to ours... same roof pitch, same look to the dormers. Mr.P designed & built our house, too, but he built it with a cousin. Since both are carpenters, it took just four months from start to finish. Good thing, too, as our son was 3 months old when we moved in. We were under a tight timetable.

Did you wet (or whet) the bush?

Hey Olga -- Glad you got it!

Stradee -- Oooh -- Pretty! I wish I could have a tree like that one.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:40 pm
Piffka, your tree's lovely! This year I didn't decorate a Christmas tree, instead, decorated by the fireplace for the three Wise Guys <each of the Wise Men two feet tall with silk garments, decorative hats, and each carrying their gifts> - a smaller tree with lights - a few beautiful ornaments my Aunt made <years ago> placed in my grandmothers silver serving tray, neat ornaments the kids made, a few decorative wreaths, and Christmas Photos of the kids and kittens.

I'm not working till next week, so I just may decorate more tomorrow.
January the 6th was also a family "Little Christmas" the Italians fondly call the day.

Danon, Pattie must've taken the photo! Your grin says it all Very Happy
0 Replies

ul

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 06:46 am
Piffka, lovely tree.
Anderson's Fairy Tales- The Little Christmastree ?

All set here, waiting for the evening.
Barbara cherrytree branches are in full bloom today- a good omen for next year.

After Christmas I am going again to Italy, so

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 09:18 am
Hi Piffka and Stradee,
Bathing on top of a mountain - well, that's very different. OK.

We have another small house that we lived in while I built the big house. Yes, Patti took the photo. It took me that long because I wasn't in a hurry. Here is a view of our home.

http://www.directupload.net/images/041224/OEvsN8w5.jpg
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 09:26 am
ul,
Wir wunschen Sie alle gute Gesundheit und Gluck in nechsten Jahr.

Merry Christmas!!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 01:13 pm
Dan, good job! You and your Pattie have a beautiful home!
0 Replies