Renounce Your Citizenship ??

revel

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 07:21 am
I was merely comparing some of Bush policies or political desires with some actions that Hitler did that did not involve wholesale systematic killing of Jews such as burning books. Bush is not guilty of genocide in the same way as Hitler was.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:03 am
revel
Hooray for Bush! He is not into genocide..Finally we found something to praise Bush for.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:27 am
au1929

Yes, but you wonder what he would do if he could actually get away with forcing disent the way Hitler did.

I realize I am about to open a can of worms that i am not equiped to deal with, but on the subject at hand I found a very interesting article that at least gives some food for thought and would prefer to let it go other than listening to other people's thoughts on it.

(in other words I am just not able to do justice in such a deep subject but I liked the article.)

http://www.thepubliccause.net/Articles/BushHitlerStalinGOP.html
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 12:13 pm
Bush is nothing like Hitler. Noone is, not even Milosovich (sp?), but Bush is bad enough. He would take us back to the conditions now controlled by Roosevelt's reforms. I would never let a Bush drive me from my country. I think Merry Andrew said it right:

"The fight is here, not in some other country. When a bunch of trolls take over the White House as well as the US Capitol, I feel it's my duty, as an American citizen, to stay and fight this travesty, not run with tail tucked between my legs."
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:03 pm
JLNobody

No one is ready or willing to give up their American citizenship. It's just blowhards with empty rhetoric.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 04:48 pm
I suspect that they are people who are very angry. And I don't blame them. But I do hope they do not give up their citizenship and later regret it. I love the ideals of the American right to privacy and freedom of speech and thought (that's why I am a member of the ACLU). The rest of our culture is a bit bland and unsophisticated compared to the cultures of Europe. I suspect that when we have lost our immense international political power and virtual economic hegemony we will grow as a culture. When I look at the ways of life of FORMER great powers like England, Spain, and the Netherlands, I hope that we too will benefit from our eventual loss of political and economic power. But in the meantime, I stay because it is, after all, MY society and culture and one of the freeist places in the world--in spite of proto-facists like Bush43.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 07:27 pm
I'd give up my citizenship if it saved me money, or did anything to make my life more comfortable. In a heartbeat. I'm a citizen of the world, and it's my duty to make sure that my life is as comfortable and happy as possible. If that could be attained by renouncing my citizenship, I'd do it, and just for the fun of it, I'd take a dump right on the flag as I was leaving the country. Citizenship is really just a symbolic thing to me...nothing to get all excited about.

That being said, I don't see how renouncing my U.S. citizenship could do much to change my life for the better as it stands right now, so I don't plan on doing that anytime soon.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:10 pm
Good. It sounded like you were blowing hard anyway, like me when I say I'd like to empty my RV toilet on Texas highways every time I see that sign "Don't Mess with Texas."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:20 pm
Relatively speaking, the US is still the best country on this planet; it still provides the greatest freedoms and opportunity. It's unfortunate that our government can screw up so many things in just four years in office.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:30 am
Kiky
That citizen of the world crap is just so much horsecocky.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:29 am
Funny, that's exactly how I feel about getting all misty about a country just because your parents happen to have f*cked there.
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:43 am
kickycan wrote:
Funny, that's exactly how I feel about getting all misty about a country just because your parents happen to have f*cked there.

Have you applied for citizenship to the world? Is there a world embassy for that? Did the nation states get abolished when I wasn't looking or are you referring to utopia? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:21 am
And if any of that had anything at all to do with what I said, I might actually give you a real response. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:26 am
Kicky
Quote:

Did it ever occur to you how lucky you were. They could have done so I suppose in Iraq, Iran, China or where ever.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:59 am
Yes, it did. That is why I said before that I wouldn't renounce my citizenship.

What's the confusing part of what I said? Are you guys upset because my dick doesn't get hard when I hear the Star Spangled Banner?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:02 am
Maybe that is because you are facing the wrong way.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:04 am
Kicky
The word is loyalty. You must have heard of it?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:45 am
What I love about America is the free and compassion of it. When it looses those two qualities I find it hard to be all misty eyed myself.

What is noble about loyal to wrong?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:59 am
How would you feel if Kickycan had said that he is a "member of our species", that he feels a kinship with humanity, and that he does not feel obliged, as an American "citizen," to minimize the humanity and rights of citizens of other nations?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:08 pm
au, "Loyalty" to what? My brothers and I served in the armed service of the US. We were educated in this country, worked in our professions, and voted in all the elections. My younger brother is a legislator in California. I consider myself a citizen of the species first, and an American citizen second. So, what's wrong with that?
0 Replies