I'm still ticked off.

Sending the Dothraki in a frontal assault against ridiculously overwhelming
odds was just flat-out stupid. It made the Charge of the Light Brigade look
brilliant by comparison.

It ruined the whole episode for me.
izzythepush

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 12:52 pm
@George,
That's what the Dothraki are, that's how they fight, offensively. We don't know how much damage they inflicted either.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 12:56 pm
What of Jaime Lannister?

Now the Night King is gone what to do with him?

Will he want to go back to Cersei anyway?
izzythepush

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 01:55 pm

Last episode Anya said she didn't want to spend her last night with those two miserable old bastards and she ended up doing just that.

Once Melisandre said Dondarrion had served his purpose you knew it was Arya, especially as they kept the focus on Jon.

Eddison Tollett dying as he saved Sam's life was a well thumbed trope. As soon as he got Sam to his feet you knew he was dead. Still pretty good though
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 03:51 pm
@George,
Agreed. Why are Jon’s armies forever running headlong into the abyss??
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 04:02 pm
The Jaime question is a great one. I found myself wondering the same thing. Arya is headed to Kings’ Landing to kill Cersei. I don’t see Jaime acquiescing to her murder, but especially pregnant.

Interested to see how they’ve written it.

Almost as interesting is the contretemps surrounding Sansa’s claim to the north despite Dany’s claim...(Jon’s claim?)

I don’t think Sansa submits the northlands.

How many dragons do we have? I thought another died, but it was so frigging dark, I was standing at the teev with a flashlight and microscope.

I loved almost everything.

The connections between Arya’s role and Syrio, a previous weird moment with Melisandre, and Jaquen was thrilling to me. Was Melisandre those guys?
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 04:29 pm
@George,
By proxy—through Arya.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 04:47 pm
One thing I heard today, the dagger Arya used to kill the Night King is the one Brandon gave her in the Godwood.
Lash

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 05:00 pm
@izzythepush,
Yes! The one Littlefinger gave Bran. Earlier, it had been used in the attempted murder of Bran by the cutthroat. Catlin nearly lost her fingers on it, fighting for Bran.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 08:25 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

What of Jaime Lannister?

Now the Night King is gone what to do with him?

Will he want to go back to Cersei anyway?

Part of the prophecy Cersei got from the witch as a child was that one of her brothers would kill her. I think the implication is that it will be Tyrion, but I think it will be Jaime.
izzythepush

Tue 30 Apr, 2019 12:11 am
@McGentrix,
I've had this notion that Arya will kill Cersei, but she'll wear Jaime's face.

Now that Bron is on his way, it might be his face she uses.

I was quite pleased that Brandon didn't face zombie Hodor in the Godswood because I thought that might happen.

Last night I had a really weird dream in that now Arya had killed the Night King, all she had left was 1lb of brussel sprouts in an orange plastic bag which she kept showing to everyone.

If any of that happens we're all fucked.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 30 Apr, 2019 12:46 am
@McGentrix,
Just hit me, maybe Jaime has already killed Cersei. Their mother died giving birth to Tyrion, maybe that will be Cersei's fate.

Although that would be a terrible anti-climax.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 30 Apr, 2019 01:08 am
There's been a lot of talk about Varys' death. Mellisandre said they would both die in Westeros, and now she's dead Varys will follow shortly after.

Not me. I think he'll die later on, maybe after the events in the last episode.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 30 Apr, 2019 06:06 am
A while ago I had a thought that maybe the Lord of Light was the Night King (since the Lord of Light never struck me as a force for good). After The Battle of Winterfell and Mellisandras actions this theory became less likely.... but I suspect something weird will be revealed.
izzythepush

Tue 30 Apr, 2019 06:15 am
@maxdancona,
I think it depends on his followers. Mellisandre is an extreme, other red priests are less fanatical.

Look at Christianity, you've got Francis of Assisi and Tomás de Torquemada.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 1 May, 2019 02:29 am
Quote:
This article contains spoilers for Game of Thrones season eight episode three
It's taken eight years, 70 episodes and thousands of deaths to get us to this moment.

The epic fight between the living and the dead in Game of Thrones was shown in the UK on Monday.

The episode, called The Long Night, lasted 82 minutes and took viewers on a rollercoaster journey featuring our favourite characters.

HBO - the makers of the fantasy drama - has now released a behind-the-scenes video giving some of the secrets of how it all came together.

This article contains spoilers - obviously.

The cast and crew filmed for 55 nights straight in Belfast to produce The Long Night - often working from 6pm until 5am.

Emilia Clarke, who plays Daenerys Targaryen, revealed it was -14C during the shoot.

"It's too cold to snow. When it's too cold to snow you know you've got trouble," she says.

Three weeks into the shoot, many of the cast and crew looked like they were part of the army of the dead.

"People looked slightly haunted," says Jacob Anderson, who plays Grey Worm.

"Everybody looked like, 'This is getting into us. It's getting into our spirits'."

Director Miguel Sapochnik adds: "Look at it this way - I never ever want to do that again. I don't think anybody that did that wants to do it again."

But they all agree it was worth it.

Maisie Williams, who plays Arya Stark, said: "It was a mammoth task that we were faced with and we did it.

"It feels incredible. That first week after the night shoot the crew were smiling at the sun."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48101977

Lots more at link.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Fri 3 May, 2019 07:45 am
The Lord of Light brought back Beric (Bericade) to save Arya but why did he bring back Jon because he did feck all in the battle of Winterfell.

What's Jon going to do.