maxdancona

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:03 am
@Lash,
I didn't like the end of the Dornes scene. It was unsatisfying... the scene didn't work for me.

Game of Thrones does best with its payoff scenes... this was a setup episode. Arya is going North! And Jon is going to meet Dany. These are going to be fun to watch.

I really enjoyed the Pot Pie scene this week. Realizing how much Arya has been through, but seeing her warm up at the sight of an old friend... the scene worked very well to show that she is still human.

New prediction... Arya is going to save Sansa, and I don't mean militarily. Arya is going to save Sansa's soul. She will pull Sansa back from becoming Cersei.

Lash

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:27 am
@maxdancona,
I'm glad the Dorns are either dead or soon to be. Good riddance to plot goop.

I like your prediction about Arya and Sansa. Hope your powers of prophecy hold.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:28 am
Btw, ugh Theon. I think he's burned every bridge he ever walked.
maxdancona

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:32 am
@Lash,
How else could the scene with Theon have worked? If he had jumped in to help his sister, it would have been completely out of character. Maybe he could have snapped and charged them in years of pathetic pent up blind range, but the only way that ends is with him dead.

This way we will see Theon again.
Lash

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:51 am
@maxdancona,
I thought he'd returned from the desolation of Reek, or at least he hated more powerfully how he'd humiliated himself to Yara previously, but I should have known --you don't really come back from what he endured from Ramsey.

He lives in agony for another day.

maxdancona

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 12:12 pm
@Lash,
Given the situation, I think he was unarmed against a superior opponent who had a knife to his sister's throat, I am not sure if his choice was irrational. I did notice the Reek-like quivering as he was considering his situation.

Would you be happy with a story arc that has Theon rescuing Yara in the near future?
Lash

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 01:41 pm
@maxdancona,
I'd be thrilled.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 25 Jul, 2017 01:13 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I am more approving of the Euron character.

Tom Davis was on Thronecast last night. He auditioned for the part of Euron but didn't get it because they kept laughing every time he delivered the lines.

Pilou Asbæk is doing a v good job even if he gets a bit like Rufus Hound at points, but part of me would like to have seen Tom play the part.

Theon has a purpose, and it probably won't become apparent what that purpose is until right at the end.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 25 Jul, 2017 01:27 am
One thing I did notice that when Grey Worm got his end away he was given a good long time to do it, (probably a bit too long in my opinion,) but when there's a lesbian kiss, the sex police, (naval division,) are on it like a shot.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 31 Jul, 2017 06:02 am
Best episode this season!!

Lena Headey's performance was probably the best she's turned in so far. Gosh, that girl loves revenge.

So glad Jon Snow refused to bend the knee.

The Sansa / Bran reunion was a little odd...

How long do you keep a Hand whose advice has decimated your fighting forces?

Plus, I really do appreciate the Euron character now. His writing was hilarious & the delivery wasn't half bad.

Yay GOT!!!

George

Mon 31 Jul, 2017 09:24 am
I'm gonna miss the Queen of Thorns.
Lash

Mon 31 Jul, 2017 06:41 pm
@George,
Me too. Love Diana Rigg from The Avengers days. She was so sexy, effortlessly.

She really kicked ass in this role.

George

Mon 31 Jul, 2017 07:30 pm
@Lash,
and now graces my facebook page
izzythepush

Tue 1 Aug, 2017 01:00 am
@George,
Diana Rigg is really chilling in this TV drama, I think it's her best performance yet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096656/
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 1 Aug, 2017 01:32 am
What's really off-putting is seeing Gemma Whelan in the new series of Horrible Histories just before GoT is shown. (On a Monday, a day after it's shown in America.)

https://www.comedy.co.uk/images/library/comedies/900x450_eps/h/horrible_histories_storytellers_b.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 1 Aug, 2017 02:43 am
I don't look at this thread on Mondays, but now we've all got good reason to be wary of spoilers, (at least for another week.)

Quote:
A group of hackers claims to have stolen the script for a forthcoming Game of Thrones episode and other data in a breach at entertainment firm HBO.
The group says it has 1.5 terabytes of the company's data and has posted episodes of Ballers and Room 104 online.
It added that more material would be released "soon".
HBO confirmed it had experienced a "cyber incident" in a statement.
In an email published by Entertainment Weekly, the hackers appeared to offer more details in exchange for favourable coverage.
"Hi to all mankind," they wrote. "The greatest leak of cyber space era is happening."
They encouraged recipients to download the material and added: "Whoever spreads well, we will have an interview with him."
Reports have said the allegedly stolen Game of Thrones script appears to be from the fourth episode of season seven, which is currently being broadcast.
The BBC has not been able to independently verify that the hackers possess the material they claim to have stolen.
HBO confirmed that a "cyber incident" had resulted in the compromise of information.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40776517
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 1 Aug, 2017 07:42 am
@Lash,
Jon Snow and Daenerys were pretty awesome together. That was a fun scene. They both had to bend a little, but they are going to be OK together.

I see what they are doing with Euron now... that character took a couple of episodes to warm up to.

The strategy of giving up Casterly Rock was pretty fun... I am afraid that Tyrion is letting his personal feeling affect his counsel.

And then Sam and the Archmaester. I don't know if I like the Archmaester yet. I have the feeling there is more depth to this character then we have seen. Is it possible that he set Sam up to heal Mormont?

Lash

Tue 1 Aug, 2017 08:09 am
@maxdancona,
Grinning about your suggestion about the Archmeister. He did seem a little too ready, or tongue-in-cheeky, about Sam's immediate promotion.

Fire and Ice... I did enjoy the duel of wills between Jon and Danerys, but she's his aunt. Considering much closer incest in King's Landing, I guess we're over that already. It's funny how my allegiance has shifted. Since season one, I've been thinking no one but Danerys should rule the Seven Kingdoms--also really liked Robb Stark--but I prefer Jon to her. Of course, a marriage would solve that, maybe.

You're definitely right about Tyrian being led by something other than solid strategy. It seemed sort of like smart counterinsurgency; like learning from real world mistakes in the Middle East--win hearts and minds. Her attempt to do that resulted in catastrophe for her.

Cersei blew up a lot of people and had a purge of a popular religion. I'm surprised she doesn't face an uprising from her own people. Maybe some covert ops would be the best way--foment an uprising, assassinate her, and perhaps the people would be more agreeable to a new queen (king)?

Ah, the fun of armchair realpolitik.

Still waiting to see what Arya makes of all this.

Grin. Arya, the assassin.

maxdancona

Tue 1 Aug, 2017 08:17 am
@Lash,
Jaime commented on the fickleness of the common people; "just a few months ago" it was Cersei they were cursing and pelting in her walk of shame. That line worked for me. The people of King's landing just fawn at the feet of whoever is in power.

Oh... I also like Milisandre's scene with Varys. She is regretting her mistakes, but still has a purpose. Did she just presage Varys' demise?

Yeah... there was zero Arya in that episode. The Stark family reunion is coming up fast.

I am also looking forward to the Euron vs. Jaime fight to the death. I am rooting for Jaime... I suspect Euron comes out on top (so to speak). They can't both stay alive for very long.

0 Replies

Lash

Tue 1 Aug, 2017 08:54 am
I keep thinking Cersei will be ended alone with someone she trusts--who is really Arya.

I can't imagine the emotional weight if it is done by Jaime.