izzythepush

Fri 10 May, 2019 03:45 pm
@Lash,
It's a different sort of speech, a cry to arms as opposed to a eulogy, but there are some similarities.
Lash

Fri 10 May, 2019 04:24 pm
@izzythepush,
I definitely get that. Maybe the vibe, the stakes: Winterfell and Agincourt, the battles for *everything*...
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 12 May, 2019 10:02 am
Penultimate episode—almost always the best.
Big moves? Damn, I can’t believe it’s almost in the history books.
izzythepush

Sun 12 May, 2019 10:07 am
@Lash,
I think they'll finally reveal who the android is.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 12 May, 2019 09:28 pm
Wow. Many of us anticipated the big scenes. Pretty well done by my estimation.

I say Sansa gets the Iron Throne, and if it’s Tyrion, I’ll kill that little ****** myself. 😏

Question: who did Varys send those notices to?
McGentrix

Sun 12 May, 2019 10:25 pm
Like a marshmallow...
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 12 May, 2019 10:38 pm
Jon hacks Dany’s head off next week, after he kills Drogon.
izzythepush

Mon 13 May, 2019 09:06 am
@Lash,
Talking of Henry V, when they panned from the Golden Company to the Northmen I was reminded of this.

Let me speak proudly: tell the constable
We are but warriors for the working-day;
Our gayness and our gilt are all besmirch'd
With rainy marching in the painful field;
There's not a piece of feather in our host--
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 13 May, 2019 10:59 am
@Lash,
I can't see Jon doing that. I can see Arya doing it and using Greyworm to do it.

I know I was wrong about her killing Cersei with Jaime, but she's got to do another face off before the end of the run.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 13 May, 2019 11:18 am
I quite like the way Qyburn was unceremoniously killed by the Mountain.

Qyburn sounds a lot like Tyburn, where London carried out its executions. There's a lot about the grave and performing experiments on the bodies of the executed about him so I think it's deliberate.

Interesting how the Mountain was very like a wight just with red eyes instead of blue.

The Hounds death was very much like something from a morality play about the futility of revenge. Arya took his advice, survived, and what he said would happen to Cersei did.

0 Replies

lmur

Fri 17 May, 2019 12:27 pm
Stolen from elsewhere:

Dragon fire doesn't burn at a high-enough temperature to melt stone. King's Landing was an inside job.

JTT anyone?
eurocelticyankee

Fri 17 May, 2019 01:02 pm
@lmur,
Studying Dragonology hoping one day to become a Dragonoligist.

Q. Do Dragons fart fire?.

Q. How do they refuel, eat a lot of Brussels Sprouts maybe.
izzythepush

Fri 17 May, 2019 01:21 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I have mentioned the Melniboneans before. Their dragons don't spit fire like the Targaryan ones, they spit a liquid that bursts into flames when it comes in contact with air.

Hope that helps.
eurocelticyankee

Fri 17 May, 2019 01:41 pm
@izzythepush,
I'll have to fire up the pipe and think about it.
izzythepush

Fri 17 May, 2019 02:27 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
When I was a kid there used to be a George and the Dragon re-enactment at the local village's May Day celebrations. It was a papier mache dragon and you could see the feet of all the kids underneath who were carrying it, but I was very little and it terrified me.

I had recurring nightmares about dragons but still wanted to go to the fair every year.
eurocelticyankee

Fri 17 May, 2019 02:35 pm
@izzythepush,
Kids love to be scared.

Curious to know if the May Day celebrations continue.

I lived in various parts of England for over 7 years and I never seen any.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 17 May, 2019 03:50 pm
I have a soft spot in my heart for the Qyburn actor. He looked weird and was definitely inhabiting an off-the-beaten-path character, but his corrupted but inquisitive science-y bent, his devotion (to a monster [Cersei, not the Mountain]), and his delivery sorta grew on me.

I think Euron’s demise (more exalted than it should have been in GOT lore) was the Writers feeling they owed the actor a notable farewell. An error in my opinion.

A lot of people online seem to disagree, but I thought Cersei and Jaime’s deaths were perfect.

There’s a lot of whining about Dany gone bad, but I think her descent into overkill was foreshadowed in several ways. That heightens what’s to come.

izzythepush

Fri 17 May, 2019 04:22 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I think Euron’s demise (more exalted than it should have been in GOT lore)

Euron reminded me of someone and I've only just remembered, Jez Quigley from Coronation Street. His death is different from Euron's yet somehow very similar.

Lots more Jez Quigley clips on youtube, he just gets more like Euron the more you watch.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 19 May, 2019 08:39 pm
Called the Jon/Dany scene, and I know the last episode has to be about resolution—and resolution can be boring, but damn.

Seinfeld was the premiere stellar series with the most horrific finale—until tonight.
izzythepush

Sun 19 May, 2019 09:04 pm
@Lash,
Brandon as King, he's like Big Brother, always watching you.

Is The Song of Ice and Fire a prequel to 1984?
0 Replies