izzythepush

Mon 22 Apr, 2019 11:40 am
They're very good at leading us in the wrong direction. As everything was set in Winterfell I wouldn't be surprised if part 3 was set everywhere else and the battle won't start until part 4.

If there is a battle. The defenders of Winterfell are all tooled up with the right weapons. The Walkers may decide to sweep South instead and come back later with Cersei's army. Actually I rather hope that will happen, so it probably won't.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 22 Apr, 2019 11:54 am
Quote:
The latest episode of Game of Thrones was uploaded to Amazon early due to an "error", the company has said.

The second instalment of the eighth and final series was not supposed to be broadcast until Sunday evening.

But some Amazon Prime members were able to watch it several hours before that.

"We regret that for a short time Amazon customers in Germany were able to access episode two of season eight of Game of Thrones," an Amazon spokesman said.

"This was an error and has been rectified."

It may have been taken down soon after it was uploaded, but it was long enough for many fans to view the whole episode.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48012633
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 22 Apr, 2019 01:20 pm
Melisandre told Arya they would meet once more, no hint of when, or if, Melisandre hasn't got an exactly 100% record on this, that will actually happen.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 23 Apr, 2019 04:13 am
For those interested in medieval politics and scheming, Ken Follet's The Pillars of the Earth is very good. Not a huge amount of fighting though.

Two novels set in the same place but more than 100 years apart, both made into mini series.

eurocelticyankee

Tue 23 Apr, 2019 07:57 am
Two episodes of the six done and nobody has died. Very unGame of Thrones like.

So I reckon we're going to lose a few in episode 3 but who will it be.

My List.
-----------------------------
Brienne of Tarth.

Tormund Giantsbane.

Grey Worm.

Gilly.

Davos Seaworth.

Eddison Tollett.

Podrick Payne.

Jorah Mormont.

Theon Greyjoy.

Beric Dondarrion.

The real shocker - Arya Stark.

All goners.

izzythepush

Tue 23 Apr, 2019 09:34 am
@eurocelticyankee,
You're a little bundle of joy aren't you. I don't think Arya will go, not until after she's seen Melisandre again.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 23 Apr, 2019 03:28 pm
@izzythepush,
I really enjoyed the first half on this novel. I got busy at school and never got back to it.

Thanks for the reminder!
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 23 Apr, 2019 03:34 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
You are so bold!!!

I’m just not imaginative enough to settle on one scenario I can believe. I just have horrors of seeing beloved characters, freshly dead, attack characters they loved.

——————
Hoping Izzy is right, and things will move around (if those things are worthy of one of the last hours of one of the greatest things to ever happen on the small screen... I hate Euron’s character, but I think King’s Landing may evacuate? I know Cersei has a tidy sum of mercenaries, [no elephants tho!!] but they’re going to stay put with the armies instead of packing off resources to the Iron Islands?

——————
A surprising factoid: my former favorite character, Dany, has just been usurped (heh) by Sansa, who I really didn’t like before. Her character is kicking ass - and Dany does seem unsteady in motive and ... execution.
Lash

Tue 23 Apr, 2019 03:49 pm
And the unbelievable things that happened were Dany, not executing Jaime who killed her dad and (!!!) how did Tormund and company *go around* the army of the dead between Last Hearth and Winterfell?? Ppfthth. Did not.

eurocelticyankee

Tue 23 Apr, 2019 03:52 pm
@Lash,
It will break my heart to see some of these characters die.

I hope i'm wrong but this is Game of Thrones.

Getting in extra Kleenex.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 23 Apr, 2019 03:58 pm
It looks like the pivotal moment might be Bran, sitting out like a sitting duck with some dragons nearby, waiting for the Night King.

What character appears at the pivotal moment to fight for Bran (the survival of mankind??)

Sounds like a job for Arya if she’s alive—I’m thinking family members might not be able to allow this (Bran’s extreme vulnerability) without either officially or unofficially being on hand.

(Gets more Kleenex)
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 23 Apr, 2019 04:25 pm
@Lash,
I can believe both of those. Dany was little when her father was killed Jaime was a mythical monster, not a man with one hand. It was Sansa and Brienne that swung it.

A small group that knows the land can evade a much larger army.

This whole wall thing does make me feel a bit weird, when I was a teenager I lived north of Hadrian's Wall, only just north mind, still in England, quite a few miles from Scotland, but still north of the wall.
Lash

Tue 23 Apr, 2019 04:29 pm
@izzythepush,
Well, ok, but the man that kills my dad is initially peeled with a carrot peeler. That’s just first.

Southern people, I guess.
izzythepush

Wed 24 Apr, 2019 10:35 am
@Lash,
Your dad was probably a nice bloke. If you'd heard tales of how he was a mass murderer you might feel differently.

One thing just hit me, all the non coms are going in the crypt at Winterfell. We all know what you find in a crypt, but we don't know how far the King of Midnight's zombie magic goes.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm worried that's where the attack may start.
TheSubliminalKid

Wed 24 Apr, 2019 10:42 am
Thought this would be appreciated

https://media1.tenor.co/images/4e7530e72de6a8281df31b306fe8328d/tenor.gif?itemid=9493633
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 24 Apr, 2019 11:06 am
@izzythepush,
Oh yeah! Doesn’t he just have to raise his hands... They don’t necessarily have to be killed by Walkers.

Crap. Dead Starks. Women and children. And, then they immediately become Walkers... Wonder if Sansa and Dany will be down there. Gilly and little Sam... They’d be barricaded in.
izzythepush

Wed 24 Apr, 2019 11:16 am
@Lash,
That's all he had to do when Jon rescued the wildlings. We don't know, they were fresh dead and had been killed by walkers, but we don't know the full extent.

We're being kept in the dark deliberately, we've still never even a heard a walker speak.

I think the little girl who said she wanted to fight like her brothers instead of going into the crypt may have a part to play.
McGentrix

Wed 24 Apr, 2019 11:41 am
No concerns about being in the Crypt... with dead people...in a war with a dude that can raise the dead...dead...
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Wed 24 Apr, 2019 11:49 am
@izzythepush,
Hmmm, the dead in the crypt. Never thought of that.

Is that why Dany is telling Jon the dead are already here in the promo.

I thought Brienne getting Knighted was a great scene, her wonderful smile at the end.
And unfortunately that's why I think she's doomed. That was her send off.

I hope it's not going to be to dark...picture wise.
eurocelticyankee

Wed 24 Apr, 2019 11:53 am