What grosses you out?

matsi

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 02:34 am
Apparently the same as "Lash Goth" mentioned. I started to gag as I read the three things listed.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 02:59 am
I can be grossed out by insects (especially cockroaches), spiders, worms (I am not afraid of these creatures, but their appearance makes me wanting to puke); and of course, by everything pertaining to feces and pus, both appearance and smell. Before the army service I had some prejudice toward blood, but then I got quite accustomed to it.
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 03:28 am
nicotine - can't stand to be around cigaretts,
pipe, cigars - it collects on peoples clothes, their
hair, their breath. It coats everything if comes
in contact with. It is gross. And this is from
someone who smoked for a lot of years - been
off ten.

it is one of the nastiest and addictive substances
on the face of the earth.

i smoked until I went to a company sponsored quit
smoking. the guy running the seminar took a cig
slit if open and I examined it under a microscope.
It was filled with little bitty tobacco worms - then
they add even more chemicals to make it more
additive.

Gross - Sorry didn't mean to get on my soap box.

sg
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 03:56 am
people who put mix ice with beer. and anything mixed with good ole' jack daniels. that's why they make near beer and those cutty sark things.

friggen heathens Evil or Very Mad

Drunk
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 05:41 am
Grosses me out?

Men who urinate in public at noontime. Embarrassed
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 08:29 am
I'm totally grossed out at people who are cleaning their noses-- in the middle of a MEAL! I get to see this hideous act at least five times a day in the restaurant. YUKYUK!
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 08:48 am
bigdice67 wrote:
I'm totally grossed out at people who are cleaning their noses-- in the middle of a MEAL! I get to see this hideous act at least five times a day in the restaurant. YUKYUK!

This brought to mind something that will send me back to scrubbing in the showers: The snorting, hacking and swallowing of mucus. Oh God. I can hardly touch the keys. It makes me too close to what I am writing.

I can't....bear....mucus.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 09:09 am
I don't get grossed out by any bugs except the BIG cockroaches and then only when they are IN my house. And yes, they fly. (shiver)

So have you read Harry Potter or seen the movies? The kids have some weird jelly beans in the books/movies, and Jelly Belly has come out with them for real. In addition to normal flavors, they have snot (sorry Lash), grass, and others. On Christmas morning, my nephew dared me to eat a
....vomit.... flavored jelly bean. I rose to the challenge. And I'm here to tell you that it was very realistic! What a mistake!

Now tell me, whose job is it to test the flavors??? And you thought your job was bad!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 06:55 pm
Ok, let's get onto this!

Spitting in public .... Revolting! Shocked
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 06:58 pm
Anybody mention people who leave public toilet seats wet? If I were Queen I would consider that a hangin' offense!
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 06:53 am
After reading all these posts, do you still expect me to want to eat breakfast? Sad
I left Florida to get away from those cockroaches, only to have to try and learn to deal with the earwigs, which are gross, especially when you don't expect them to be where you happen to stick your hand.
I've experienced the spit from a llama, and I've never been able to get that thought out of my mind. I didn't even do anything to piss him/her off.
I actully enjoy watching all those operation shows. Smile
I get grossed out by having to see public toilet stalls with surprises in them, people picking their nose, my spouse's farts, people smoking, drunks and people who are high, stepping in doggy poop, brown streaks in the underwear I happen to see while doing the wash, vomit.
Maybe you should have asked what doesn't gross me out. Very Happy
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 07:07 am
dlk33, dont worry, my list is probably longer than yrs !!

Spiders, Cockroaches, in fact all kind of insects, Smell of stale booze on someone's breath, Body Odor, people picking their nose in public, spitting, and the sight of my own blood to name a few.

Some years ago, I went to dinner with some people I vaguely knew. In the middle of the meal, he opened his shirt and started scratching his armpit. Guess what - I had to run to the men's room to throw up.....
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 08:58 am
Then again, maybe not.
If the definition for being grossed out includes barfing, then I've never really been grossed out.
Does It? Confused
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 09:14 am
Yikes! Gautam, I would've barfed on his plate, just to show my disappreciation of his act!

Just remember another hang-up of mine; Nail clippings, yuk! Even my own. The worst expeience with nail clippings was in the restaurant. Found 8 neatly clipped off fingernails on the floor after lunch once. Almost provoked a high-projectile vomiting from me!
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 10:34 pm
Some years ago, I went to dinner with some people I vaguely knew. In the middle of the meal, he opened his shirt and started scratching his armpit. Guess what - I had to run to the men's room to throw up.....

Priceless. Did they know you'd hurled? This should be a commercial.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 10:14 pm
i had a girlfriend wipe her toe jam on me once... yea i almost puked on her... we arent together anymore
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 10:22 pm
What grosses me out...

Loose hair lying around, hair in a hairbrush makes me gag, hairballs from Cats...yuck! Ear wax, the smell of liver cooking, limburger cheese, big zits (popped and unpopped), men with hairy backs, people who spit in public, open sores/wounds, people who stink. That's my list for now. I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can come up with right now. Mr. Green
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 10:26 pm
i cannot stand to see guys out watering the yard with no shirt on...they are never the good looking guys, mind you.

i get grossed out with female underarm hair...i have a friend who lets it all hang out...ewwww.

that little white sticky sliver of spittle that is connected to both top and bottom lip and stretches as someone speaks...gross.

indian guy on airplane who wanted to read my palm...turned out to have 6 fingers...he was stroking my hand and i was too nice to let go and say, "no thank you , sir..." major heeby jeebies.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 10:28 pm
man doglover, that's a pretty complete list.

sign me up for all that stuff too...double gross on the open sores.
0 Replies

bellavu

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 10:29 pm
Hey Seed, I was a CNA in a nursing home. I'm Not even going to say anything, but can you imagine how much toejam I saw!!! Give upmost respect to those in the nursing field they see some gross stuff for all humankind.

Oh, that nasty gunk in any drain thats gross.
0 Replies